3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mengal

Sep 11, 2018
For me it would be better if the guy was looking at her, him looking away takes impact from the scene but that's just my opinion. Then again I don't know what are you trying to portrait story wise.
The scene was about "Guy walks up to house and sees the car, but doesn't notice the lady opend the door" I already deleted this cause like you said, it had no impact at all.

Composition, posing and storytelling are always a good thing to improve, you will never stop to learn new things about those topics.
Same goes for lighting. For a sunny and early morning the light looks a little bit odd. The shadows are little bit too short for my taste and the light is too bright and warm. More like an late afternoon or evening. The light in the early moring is cooler b/c the air is cleansed by the night.(I'm not talking about the blue hour. ;)) HDRI are a special beast to tame, you could use them as backdrops but their mainpurpose is "light directions".
Your textures could need a little boost. The door behind him looks, like it got plastered with a glossy photoprint. Similar could be said for the black pebbles, they could use more bump. Textures and shader(-settings) are also a thing you will never stop learning new things about.
But for your first scene, not bad. Not bad at all, my first scenes where awfull. XD
I guess Composition, Posing and Storytelling is trial and error, I'm trying to learn from Milfy City on how to tackle this but I don't want to end up copying Icstor. Said that, I'm now just trying to find nice angles that will make the render look nice, and "hopefully" get a good result. I'm trying to get a good workflow going without trying to reinvent the wheel every scene.

When I thought I had a basic understanding of lighting, I come to realise I actually know nothing :whistle:
I'm trying to bypass my lack of knowledge by using lighting packs ( ) I'm now just tweaking packs like this to get a good result but I end up learning nothing in the end.

I thought the same thing about those textures, it all looks so fake, all those textures came straight from it looks a bit better on the pictures but still pretty bland, can I replace those white textures with something else? or is that to complicated to do? (I remember it was pretty easy doing it in Source Hammer, but I dunno how it's suppose to be done in Daz 3D) I'll try and fiddel around with Bump, Textures and Shader settings, I was avoiding those settings like the plague because I once accidentality changes a setting and I ended up spending days to figure out what went wrong :geek:

And thank you for your kind words at the end :)

Relativly new to this aswell so take my advice and opinions with a grain of salt.

In general i like the picture but a few things seems off. The general compostion of the picture is good. That is assuming the young gentleman is focused on the pretty red car and not on what im assuming is a pretty lady in the doorway. I do get the summer vibe from the lighting but if you wantit to feel like morning the shadows need to be longer. Right now i get more of a summer noon vibe. I would also try and put just alittle more light on the back of the female, to see if it makes it easier to see her curves. Also to me it looks like her palm is clipping into her hip and the way her thumb is bent looks unnatural. If you cant get it to fit, it sometimes help to go in to the parameters and turning off the restrictions. Im having the same issues with HDRI backgrounds and lighting as you they allways seem out of place unless they are partly obscured by useing DOF. Getting the lighting right is allways a nightmare for me especilally in larger pictures it takes awhile to get used to.

The quallity of the picture is atrocious and you should be ashamed of yourself for even suggesting using it in a game or its the greatest thing since sliced bread. Opinions will differ wildly. Personally ill rather play a game with lower quality picture and a decent story then a game with really high quality pictures and a crap story. I would have no issues putting your picture in a game as it stands. There are games outthere with way better and way worse pictures in them. At the end of the day if your happy enough(lets face it we are never 100% happy with our own work:)) with it then its good enough for your game.

Sorry for getting a bit longwinded, hope some af this helps.
Thanks for the reply man! I'm always happy with critic, doesn't matter if its from a beginners or a veterans point of view, it's worth more to me than a like to me (don't stop liking tho :geek: )

I was thinking the same about her thumb, the render was actually meant to be shot in front (now in retrospect i doesn't look all that good from the front either)

test04.jpg

Thanks to everyone replying and trying to help me on my epic quest in making a decent render, and sorry for the long post.

Love you all <3

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
The scene was about "Guy walks up to house and sees the car, but doesn't notice the lady opend the door" I already deleted this cause like you said, it had no impact at all.

I guess Composition, Posing and Storytelling is trial and error, I'm trying to learn from Milfy City on how to tackle this but I don't want to end up copying Icstor. Said that, I'm now just trying to find nice angles that will make the render look nice, and "hopefully" get a good result. I'm trying to get a good workflow going without trying to reinvent the wheel every scene.

When I thought I had a basic understanding of lighting, I come to realise I actually know nothing :whistle:
I'm trying to bypass my lack of knowledge by using lighting packs ( ) I'm now just tweaking packs like this to get a good result but I end up learning nothing in the end.

I thought the same thing about those textures, it all looks so fake, all those textures came straight from it looks a bit better on the pictures but still pretty bland, can I replace those white textures with something else? or is that to complicated to do? (I remember it was pretty easy doing it in Source Hammer, but I dunno how it's suppose to be done in Daz 3D) I'll try and fiddel around with Bump, Textures and Shader settings, I was avoiding those settings like the plague because I once accidentality changes a setting and I ended up spending days to figure out what went wrong :geek:

And thank you for your kind words at the end :)

Thanks for the reply man! I'm always happy with critic, doesn't matter if its from a beginners or a veterans point of view, it's worth more to me than a like to me (don't stop liking tho :geek: )

I was thinking the same about her thumb, the render was actually meant to be shot in front (now in retrospect i doesn't look all that good from the front either)

View attachment 429962

Thanks to everyone replying and trying to help me on my epic quest in making a decent render, and sorry for the long post.

Love you all <3
That's a Larry Kubiac angle. Ahah.
43.png

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
A dedication to the hundreds of mother/son yoga sessions we had in almost every game ;)
View attachment 429794
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
another version of YOGAAAAAAAA :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 429937
These are just too AWESOME!!!

Beauty!
Interesting hair

Reactions: BrainDeadMonkey

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Another victoria 4 > genesis 3 & Iray conversion. Hair's also for v4 and comes with the character. This was the hardest conversion in a while, since, for some reason, the head morph didn't appear in Gen X... Happily, the character came with a genesis 2 version... that I just used without adding in any vicky 4. After doing a dozen of these, every single one is still different and every transfer can still fail in a spectacular way.

That said, pretty happy with how she turned out!

View attachment 429626
Moar:
bailey 2.jpg

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
I like boobs..

Dude, the lighting setup in your scenes is awesome! I have no ideea how you can achieve that, but is really great!
I know right?!
I was thinking to add him on ignore list because he makes my or our renders look like shit compared with his. :LOL:
Neah.. I'm just kidding.. well done lexx228

Please don't mind my noob question, but how do i assemble a webm from a bunch of single frames? Also i use gimp for every edit i have to do on my renders.
Well quite easy.. I used Filmora to do my animations on Lucky Mark for example.. you can find all of them on the OP of main game.
Add your frames in the timeline in the corect order, set the speed between them usually for that game or other games I played with animations or my own animations the speed was 0.2 ms or 0.3..
Render your animation on 30 fps or something good..
Once you added your animation in the corect order to loop/replay the animation just select all the frames in the timeline and copy/paste how many times you want to replay it.
At the end go to publish in the menu or smth like that it's called, select webm/mp4 whatever you want and it will start to convert your timeline into a video file.. process it's quite fast.. 1 minute max for 15 seconds something like that.. you don't need more than that.. it will show you the estimated size limit.. I think on f95 it's 15MB or something..
Anyway.. probably you can do that with other video editing software as well.. base it's the same.
At the end you'll get the same quality or close to your renders.. if you don't wanna see the frames just render your image series at 30 fps or more

Last edited:

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I like boobs..

I know right?!
I was thinking to add him on ignore list because he makes my or our renders look like shit compared with his. :LOL:
Neah.. I'm just kidding.. well done lexx228

Well quite easy.. I used Filmora to do my animations on Lucky Mark for example.. you can find all of them on the OP of main game.
Add your frames in the timeline in the corect order, set the speed between them usually for that game or other games I played with animations or my own animations the speed was 0.2 ms or 0.3..
Render your animation on 30 fps or something good..
Once you added your animation in the corect order to loop/replay the animation just select all the frames in the timeline and copy/paste how many times you want to replay it.
At the end go to publish in the menu or smth like that it's called, select webm/mp4 whatever you want and it will start to convert your timeline into a video file.. process it's quite fast.. 1 minute max for 15 seconds something like that.. you don't need more than that.. it will show you the estimated size limit.. I think on f95 it's 15MB or something..
Anyway.. probably you can do that with other video editing software as well.. base it's the same.
At the end you'll get the same quality or close to your renders.. if you don't wanna see the frames just render your image series at 30 fps or more
Thank you mate

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
While partially I'm just looking for excuses to post this same character over and over again, there's also something new here! :LOL: Namely, today, I learned from here: that with the older hairs, by moving cutout opacity to 2 (exceeding the normal parameters), you can fix the hair appearing very thin, like with Bailey in the above posts.

Also, the linked article suggests that using Slosh's UHT(2) or Colorwerks also fixes the thin-ness issue. It doesn't entirely, as the unadjusted hair in my earlier posts still looks quite thin in comparison to this one:
bailey 5.jpg
(Just 10 % glute depth added. What can I say, Triss Merigold with 100 % fitness.)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes