3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
With mesh-lighting, you mean some specific assets?
I think I might also have a problem with the "where" to place a light to get better results. What I did in this room was to place some lights on the ceeling to get a well lighted room as I don't want it too dark and then I added a HDRI as a source of light from outside the windows.
For this render I added lights from behind the character, but not sure if that was a good idea xD
Not any "specific" asset. Mesh light can come from anything, including default primitives, like a plane, or a sphere, or a cube, or, basically anything you want it to act as a light source.
Basically, let's say you want to use a default primitive cube as a mesh light... select the said cube, go to the surfaces tab, and, using the default daz uber iray palette, load "emissive" onto it. And, now it's a light source, it emmits luminosity to the area. If you want to be more advanced with it, you can load an image to the emission color value, and use that as an emission base. Any image, but, as you'd guess, the brighter, the better, and, if your hardware (mostly your VRAM) allows it, google for free HDRI maps, to use as emission images.
That above applies to all types of mesh lights, like a lamp, or a neon tube, or a neon sign, or, basically anything you want to glow and emit light. Even portions of a character's skin, with the right use of masks to block/allow emission per surface pixels

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Hi JiiEf,

I like her hair style and boobs.

Question - What happen to the poor girl's (right) leg/thigh/knee/ankle/foot? Weird pose or sexy limp?. :D -humor-
It’s in line with her knee. Showing off her hip flexibility, I think!

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Not any "specific" asset. Mesh light can come from anything, including default primitives, like a plane, or a sphere, or a cube, or, basically anything you want it to act as a light source.
Basically, let's say you want to use a default primitive cube as a mesh light... select the said cube, go to the surfaces tab, and, using the default daz uber iray palette, load "emissive" onto it. And, now it's a light source, it emmits luminosity to the area. If you want to be more advanced with it, you can load an image to the emission color value, and use that as an emission base. Any image, but, as you'd guess, the brighter, the better, and, if your hardware (mostly your VRAM) allows it, google for free HDRI maps, to use as emission images.
That above applies to all types of mesh lights, like a lamp, or a neon tube, or a neon sign, or, basically anything you want to glow and emit light. Even portions of a character's skin, with the right use of masks to block/allow emission per surface pixels
So it would work to put "a mesh" over my ghost lights. I asume I would have to make them visible again for the effect to take place?

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Been working on a overweight teen for me roster. This is the current version. Something seems off about her just cant put my finger on it, so any feedback would be appriciated.

View attachment 449072
Hi Troxvi,

The something I've seen in "fleshier" girls is a little-bit of a larger pubis mons and not a super thin public area.

Just a thought. :)

Roman DeVil

Sep 18, 2017
...hi, pirates, your help is needed, and i don't know wherever else i could ask for it!

I've installed the "Acting Skills" expressions packs for G8F on my DAZ3D, but when it comes to find them between the products... you can't! I mean, there's the installed pack, but inside it there's only the "reset" options and the mime masks! No expressions in there!

After having unpacked the .zip, i've found the expressions are located in the "data" folder... but that folder is unreachable by the DAZ browsing system. So my question for you is: how can i reach those expression .dufs, in order to use them on my characters?

Thank you very much for your help! Render on!...

YaYa_UnTIN2

Misunderstood Thinker
Donor
Dec 19, 2017
Sapphire looks like Greta Thunberg who accidentally saw a steak.
Oh poor Greta...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
God stupid just makes my dick go limp. Men of the World please don't breed that cow! :(

Back to the renders - I like the first one but I think her hair is too clean for her "zombie horde fighter" look. :)

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
Hi JiiEf,

I like her eyes, lips and nips! Nice choices.

I do agree with you about that hair (I probably have that installed as well) not that great. What is the name of the hair product?

The part by the forehead looks like farm straw. :(
Nothing wrong with a little roll in the hay.

Hi JiiEf,

I really like how the dress rendered.

Very nice breastering - I meant texturing. ;)
Thanks, I love that dress, but it always gives me a headache with clipping.

With her skin tone, I'm not sure Bailey spends much time on beaches, but she strikes me as a vintage pinup bikini kind of girl:
bailey beach.jpg

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Hi Mescalino,

Wow, look at all those surfaces!

How long did that render take? You must have a beefy rendering setup. That scene would probably kill my current setup - took 34 mins for rendering a portrait. :(
Not sure i think i stopped it after 8-9 hours. I turned it on just before i went to bed :)
But yes its a pretty render intensive scene.

But Portraits can also take a bit, especially close-ups.
still figuring out best ways to light certain scenes.

Powerline75

Nov 7, 2019
So it would work to put "a mesh" over my ghost lights. I asume I would have to make them visible again for the effect to take place?
no, nothing like that.
Mesh lights are just meshes, that emit light. They have several quirks, but they also offer several advantages. You don't need to put a mesh over your lights, it will simply block/diffuse/refract the light. You simply use emissive shaders to turn the mesh itself into a light. After I finish a render I run at the moment, I'll cook up a fast example.

Reactions: GhostPhil
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes