3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
Pretty girl. She looks really cute in that outfit! I wonder if you could use dforce to get a more natural look on the dress. Could be helpful to get rid of the clipping. Just a thought.
I did the simulation 2 times, but lovarando with the cpu the preview often makes the machine heavy, when I realized .. the damage was done, even in post repair it nn it served,

it is difficult to hide from competent eyes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)

Reactions: 2C3D

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Pretty girl. She looks really cute in that outfit! I wonder if you could use dforce to get a more natural look on the dress. Could be helpful to get rid of the clipping. Just a thought.
How do people even get dForce to work? Every time I put a dForce piece of clothing on a model, it just melts through the character as if it's not even there. I don't know what I have to change to the default settings, but it never works ...

dforec fail.jpg dforec pre-dforce.jpg Screenshot (1).png

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
How do people even get dForce to work? Every time I put a dForce piece of clothing on a model, it just melts through the character as if it's not even there. I don't know what I have to change to the default settings, but it never works ...

View attachment 718070 View attachment 718071 View attachment 718073
Several things you could check.

1. Make sure the collision item of the clothing is set to your character (for clothing).
2. Add a smoothing modifier to the clothing if there isn't one already.
3. Check to see if parts of the body are set to Visible in Simulation - ON. Sometimes it's helpful to turn body parts off too!
4. Hide everything you don't need in the simulation. Environment, props, hair, jewelry, etc. These make the simulation slower.
5. In the simulation settings under Surfaces, play around with Friction (lower numbers make the cloth silkier) and Dynamics Strength. Density also too if you want the cloth to be light or heavy.
6. Don't feel like you have to simulate all pieces of clothing at once. You could sim just her top first and once you're happy, freeze that simulation and then work on other items.
7. Learn about weight mapping. Gives you way more control over what moves and what doesn't.
8. Other than that, trial and error. Sometimes I have to run a simulation several times to get the desired effect. Even then, a clever camera angle can hide parts you're not happy with.

Lots of youtube out there on the topic that can explain things much better than I can. Hope this helps!

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019

1. Make sure the collision item of the clothing is set to your character (for clothing).
3. Check to see if parts of the body are set to Visible in Simulation - ON. Sometimes it's helpful to turn body parts off too!
4. Hide everything you don't need in the simulation. Environment, props, hair, jewelry, etc. These make the simulation slower.
5. In the simulation settings under Surfaces, play around with Friction (lower numbers make the cloth silkier) and Dynamics Strength. Density also too if you want the cloth to be light or heavy.
6. Don't feel like you have to simulate all pieces of clothing at once. You could sim just her top first and once you're happy, freeze that simulation and then work on other items.
7. Learn about weight mapping. Gives you way more control over what moves and what doesn't.
8. Other than that, trial and error. Sometimes I have to run a simulation several times to get the desired effect. Even then, a clever camera angle can hide parts you're not happy with.

Lots of youtube out there on the topic that can explain things much better than I can. Hope this helps!
idk man, you tell me what's wrong ...

Screenshot (3).png Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).png Screenshot (11).png Screenshot (12).png Screenshot (13).png Screenshot (14).png

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018

There are simpler ways to counteract a complete simulation of dforce at the pose level and certain parameters so that the dress remains in contact with the character.

2C3D

Aug 18, 2017
There are simpler ways to counteract a complete simulation of dforce at the pose level and certain parameters so that the dress remains in contact with the character.
Such as? I only know what I've experienced and learned through my own experiments. If there's a better way, I'm always willing to learn new things.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Such as? I only know what I've experienced and learned through my own experiments. If there's a better way, I'm always willing to learn new things.
It would have been another person(stalker u know) who had the problem I would have given my experience on this subject, but it will not be the case.

PS: fin sign

Last edited:

Alma_Elma

Game Developer
May 1, 2017
I did the simulation 2 times, but lovarando with the cpu the preview often makes the machine heavy, when I realized .. the damage was done, even in post repair it nn it served,

it is difficult to hide from competent eyes :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:(y)
I may have a tip for you, you should make an animation, for like 30 frames, where the first frame is the T pose, and the last is the end post of you char, and make your bench / chair or the thing that your character sits on starts a bit behind at frame 0 and get to the position for frame 30
Then you simulate with the animations, it gives much better results and no clipping (except if you change it yourself after)
Here's a little result of how it looks after
WfSMvKM.png

Quick edit to add that it's probably better if you make it like 15 frames, and the last 15 frames for the dress to stabilize and all, I don't simulate much since I rarely use dresses that needs it, but the best to do is to experiment around that.
Note that it may take a bit longer to simulate that way too. But it's not that much longer so

ArturiousDesign

Engaged Member
Jan 31, 2019
Hmm, everything looks to be in order judging by your screenshots. The only thing I can think of is checking her body parts to make sure they're visible in simulation. I would hide her hair too if you haven't.
everything is visible in the sim. I have all but given up on dForce. I have literally never changed anything in the settings. yet no matter what tutorials I follow, the dForce items just melt through.

Deleted member 34473

Engaged Member
May 15, 2017
I may have a tip for you, you should make an animation, for like 30 frames, where the first frame is the T pose, and the last is the end post of you char, and make your bench / chair or the thing that your character sits on starts a bit behind at frame 0 and get to the position for frame 30
Then you simulate with the animations, it gives much better results and no clipping (except if you change it yourself after)
Here's a little result of how it looks after
View attachment 718220

Quick edit to add that it's probably better if you make it like 15 frames, and the last 15 frames for the dress to stabilize and all, I don't simulate much since I rarely use dresses that needs it, but the best to do is to experiment around that.
Note that it may take a bit longer to simulate that way too. But it's not that much longer so
thanks, I try (y)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes