3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
Just a random render: tfw no big tiddy goth fallen angel GF

Waifu.png_intel.png

Also a question, if anyone here knows: Are there any good tutorials on getting started with DAZ scripting? Simple stuff like "render the scene, then rotate object X by 30 degrees and render it again". Thanks :D

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
Several things can affect Render times, the size of 'Off-Screen Set', ie how big the set was, compared to how much was visible in the render. Levels of detail will also affect the Render Time, the more detail the longer the time. Also the Lighting can affect Render Times, the more lights, like details will slow things down, that also goes for the 'Cityscape Background'. Several 'Fixes' for that would be , 'Camera Cutaway' removes everything outside of the camera view, but allows lighting to be unaffected, as long as you tell it to include them. Something like a 10MB image could come out as 4 or 5MB, using 'Camera Cutaway', & is quicker than going thru the Scene 'Hiding Objects' not in view, it's also good if you want to use the 'Set' for a series of renders, saves you 'forgetting to unhide objects'.
Nice recommendation on that product.

The ability to wipe out all things out of frame in one click sure would be handy (and I've learned that yes, that can drastically reduce the render time). I might actually be looking to hold on to a reflection (or even potential color bouncing) but the OPTION to one-click it - that's a win.

-I've been having some issues with 'Cityscape Backgrounds' in particular and have yet to figure all that out (maintaining the opacity of the image, not losing the light, etc). Would really appreciate a tutorial link on that if possible. Cuz at this point I'm guessing my best route might be to do some sort of Insert (or Blend, which is a part of Daz I have not even messed with yet).

-appreciate the heads up, peace

Last edited:

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
As grohotor wrote CPU rendering is a pain in the ass.
The reason is pretty simple for this rendering time. Iray doesn't handle light refraction and reflection very well.
In my pic, the window is really huge so the different lightings (HDRI, Emissive, Ghost, Spot, Point lights) bounce a lot on it. If you add the other shaders (skin, plant, metal, wood planks, etc), the reflection of the scene in the window, etc, you have a long, very very long rendering time.

Edit: It's also my fault 'cause I used the Solid Glass shader instead of the Thin one but I like how it double the reflection of the character.
Understood. It's all about that window then.

I've been having continual issues with a kitchen that's got a reasonably large and DOUBLE-paned window (with a fair amount of space between the panes). Farted around with plenty just to get it not to multiply the reflections continually (like a domino effect in there). Though I think you might have just solved that for me with the Shader option (Thin over Solid). Most definitely gonna have a look at that... fingers crossed.

Reactions: PikZik

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
I could've sworn I've looked through Riversoft's entire catalogue, somehow I missed that - seems like a great time saver.

I now suspect the problem partly comes from - at least for me - the different rotation limit between the eye bones and thus behaviour inconsistencies between the Side-Side (PowerPose & Eye bone) and the Eyes Side-Side, Eye Look Side-Side (Face Control Rig & Pose Control) pose dials.

I just wanted to show that I took your feedback seriously and that I appreciate it - since I rarely ever get any. Sorry if it came off as defensive, but I just like to get into the weeds of things. To be sure, both your compliment and feedback are equally appreciated. :giggle:
-I would agree that it's likely something to do with the rotation (as opposed to any up/down, left-right).

-Strongly recommend a peek at the LookAtMe script I linked. Not only will it one-click the eyes plenty close (if not perfect) for you. But there's also an option that will auto-tilt/adj other areas on the model (based on her focal) that can often afford you an angle you might not think up otherwise. Also allows you to focal on an object and not just the cam itself. Massive time-saver overall.

Definitely one of those products I'll likely Buy in reverse (meaning, once I've had it for free and recognize the value - I go back and buy it despite already "owning" it).

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes