Qwertyjerk666

Feb 9, 2023
Kudos to the developer, this game has taken the crown as best adult game for me, its great! Story is really good. Please but the back button back in again though, page up/down is awkward... Game is perfect otherwise..

Reactions: rudy007 and Ruykiru

Maxus_mudo

Nov 17, 2022
What was with the digital watches, they looked like they could even have been smart ones? Like they'd continue to work post social melt down, lol.
Post apocalyptic morality is an interesting one, there's really little point in staying alive if there's no future, and there's no future without sex and reproduction, or at least the possibility of it. But then, there's no medical facilities so if something goes wrong during childbirth ... pre 20thC survival rates were pretty horrific, but at least they didn't have mutants roaming around out for blood.
I guess, hanging out on your own or with your own family is the epitome of narcissism. Pointless, counterproductive and ultimately self destructive. The very least these people should be doing is trying to find out if, where, and how many other survivors there are. Otherwise it's like watching the last male of a soon to be extinct species building a nest/going through the mating ritual for a non existent partner. Sad and ultimately unfulfilling.

• Red Heart
Reactions: mulerider

Ruykiru

Developing: Sinful Summer
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Pointless, counterproductive and ultimately self destructive. The very least these people should be doing is trying to find out if, where, and how many other survivors there are. Otherwise it's like watching the last male of a soon to be extinct species building a nest/going through the mating ritual for a non existent partner. Sad and ultimately unfulfilling.
I think you should keep playing and you'll find scenes that answer your various questions ;)

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
What's this supposed to mean? Honey Select (the editing software that comes with it) is just like Daz :unsure:
"The process of generating a photorealistic or non-photorealistic image from a 2D or 3D model by means of a computer program. The resulting image is referred to as a render."
Most creators here use the term 'rendered' for images that require the rendering process, as is the case with DAZ. And not for instantly rendered images.

Technically, the term can be used, but I think it's more accurate to use it for images generated by the rendering process.

Reactions: Logan3000x

Ruykiru

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Most creators here use the term 'rendered' for images that require the rendering process, as is the case with DAZ. And not for instantly rendered images.

Technically, the term can be used, but I think it's more accurate to use it for images generated by the rendering process.
Well, we can discuss the semantics all you want, but StudioNeo (the editor for Honey Select 2) renders stuff in real time just like a videogame, be it shadows, lighting, post effects... so they are full all purposes 3D renders. An AI generated image for example shouldn't be called render cause there's not a tradional graphics pipeline behind that calculates all the lighting and stuff, and the pixel generation is just "instant" like you say (but with other algorithms and inference time).

Reactions: rudy007

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Well, we can discuss the semantics all you want, but StudioNeo (the editor for Honey Select 2) renders stuff in real time just like a videogame, be it shadows, lighting, post effects... so they are full all purposes 3D renders. An AI generated image for example shouldn't be called render cause there's not a tradional graphics pipeline behind that calculates all the lighting and stuff, and the pixel generation is just "instant" like you say (but with other algorithms and inference time).

You meant to talk about rendered images and then you start talking about images generated by AI. Don't mix things up...

The graphical images generated by games like Koikatsu, Custom Order Maid, Honey Select, among others, are images with INSTANT rendering. Whereas images generated by software like DAZ are NOT instantly rendered. Do you understand the point now?

As I said, it's not technically incorrect, but inaccurate.

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
That was never planned, you must have misunderstood.
After I searched around the thread some more, he initially said he'd make 2 versions because of the poll results, but later decided not to do it, why have a poll in the first place if he already made up his mind, and getting people excited again for the content they liked, just to crush their hopes once again, does the dev get a hard-on from doing that?

I wonder when the game dies because of his untrustworthiness.

Ruykiru

Game Developer
May 2, 2017
After I searched around the thread some more, he initially said he'd make 2 versions because of the poll results, but later decided not to do it, why have a poll in the first place if he already made up his mind, and getting people excited again for the content they liked, just to crush their hopes once again, does the dev get a hard-on from doing that?

Not gonna discuss this boring shit again but I just got one thing to say: the dev already lost a ton of suscribers once cause patreon fucked him up and also cause he decided what he did so cut him some slack. It's his game, he didn't abandon it despite the set backs and he keeps delivering(y)

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021

Don't most devs use the term this way?
Like you said it's technically not incorrect since it essentially is a different render even though for the viewer it doesn't always seem that way, unless I am misunderstanding you.

That shit was ages ago bro, dev already explained himself multiple times. Try moving on sometime.

EvolutionKills

Jan 3, 2021
You meant to talk about rendered images and then you start talking about images generated by AI. Don't mix things up...

The graphical images generated by games like Koikatsu, Custom Order Maid, Honey Select, among others, are images with INSTANT rendering. Whereas images generated by software like DAZ are NOT instantly rendered. Do you understand the point now?

As I said, it's not technically incorrect, but inaccurate.
Studio Neo, a separate program outside of Honey Select intended for use to generate images with the game's assets, does have a rendering function. You can manually set the output height and width, upsampling, alpha, lighting and shadows. It's not nearly as robust as the rendering options in say Daz3D or Blender, but that's because it's not a general purpose 3D application built to do ray tracing right out of the box.

It is more robust than just pressing F11 to take a screenshot in Honey Select.

Plus, let's be real here, this has nothing to do with aesthetics. There is a whole lot of crap here on F95Zone with people ineptly tossing a bunch of models into Daz3D, placing a spotlight right behind the camera, cranking up the ray-tracing high enough to make their computer cry for hours, all for a rendered end result that looks like absolute shit. There are also plenty of games made with Illusion assets that absolutely put all other games to shame with their asset usage, framing, posing, and shot composition. You don't need ray-traced lighting to make an aesthetically pleasing composition.

Reactions: Ruykiru

changeling

Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Don't most devs use the term this way?
Like you said it's technically not incorrect since it essentially is a different render even though for the viewer it doesn't always seem that way, unless I am misunderstanding you.
Technically, yes, just as a VW Beetle is equal to a Porsche 911 because they are both cars. But I say it's inaccurate because the rendering process in DAZ is something very significant, which takes a lot of time and money from creators, as I see many authors investing a lot of money in better equipment precisely to render images.

Studio Neo, a separate program outside of Honey Select intended for use to generate images with the game's assets, does have a rendering function. You can manually set the output height and width, upsampling, alpha, lighting and shadows. It's not nearly as robust as the rendering options in say Daz3D or Blender, but that's because it's not a general purpose 3D application built to do ray tracing right out of the box.

It is more robust than just pressing F11 to take a screenshot in Honey Select.

Plus, let's be real here, this has nothing to do with aesthetics. There is a whole lot of crap here on F95Zone with people ineptly tossing a bunch of models into Daz3D, placing a spotlight right behind the camera, cranking up the ray-tracing high enough to make their computer cry for hours, all for a rendered end result that looks like absolute shit. There are also plenty of games made with Illusion assets that absolutely put all other games to shame with their asset usage, framing, posing, and shot composition. You don't need ray-traced lighting to make an aesthetically pleasing composition.
I'm not against any creative process as long as it's well done. There's a lot of good stuff and a lot of bad stuff out there.

Oct 14, 2018
Which is why he's a brain dead dumb ass who doesn't know how to run a business. Which is why he's on discord begging for money at one dollar a person. It's what happens when he proved himself to be a lier, a fraud and a thief.
Let's be honest, 2 versions would just hinder and slow the development down a shit ton more than what it already is.
Besides, a poll is just a gauge on this site, to see what currently active people think. At the end of the day the dev can and will do whatever he wants with his creation, regardless of what other people think, want or demand.
Also, sometimes plans change, shit happens.

4.00 star(s) 91 Votes