Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Hey there,
I even don't want to talk about your "goals". I assume that means, that the game will be easier the more money you get. If it's so than: Absolute No-Go...You should change that too...
Not exactly. It does not becomes easier, but faster. It's a double-edge razor. And it's completely optional and adaptable to the tastes of every player.
About the rest of the post, thank you for your words, and I will take them into consideration.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
The way you have been reacting and responded to all this has been poor. Best to take a deep breath and think about your replies. Attacking the members and the staff here and after that acting like a victim is not 'smart marketing.'

I hope you stop this attacking and try to fix it instead. I do not wish for any devs to fail.
You already solved the theft part (with paying the other devs assets and code with electricity). Now you have to acknowledge your bribery of the reviews and move on.
Your game can still go on and become a success. You just have to contain your arrogant attitude on this matter.

mingebag

Aug 9, 2016
Wow, whats going on in this thread? Seems like I missed all the fun :oops:.

To the dev: From an outsiders perspective, I can see you have some talent and care about the success of your game. The willingness to engage in shady business tactics (ignorant or not) indicates to me that you see this more as a job rather an hobby. This is in stark contrast to a fair share of other game devs whom obviously (to the user) treat their games as a pass time (not that there is ANYTHING wrong with this, I'm just less likely to pledge to them). If you are able to channel that sort of devotion into your game through creating engaging content:) users WILL recognize it and you will start building a fan base.
I want to be clear. I'm not saying that vote rigging or the like is a good way attract fans. In fact, I'm much less likely to pledge to you now.
And a tip; Never argue with admins on any forums. They're in that role because they work very hard and are greatly respected by the users. Arguing with admins, especially in your own thread, instantly makes users suspicious of you.
If I were you, I'd apologize to the admins and other games devs for acting the way you did. Then I'd use these forums to receive feedback and answer questions. Honestly, that's the best possible marketing you could do for yourself atm.

Some actual criticism of the game now:
Renders are okay-good, You've done a good job with keeping the quality consistent at least.
Mechanics are way to grindy. Focus on creating a more accessible gameplay loop instead of incentivizing a $45 patreon cheat version. I stopped playing shortly after the rebels kept recapturing slaves while I was trying to earn enough to use the mayhem ability. I may revisit this game at a later date.

May 30, 2017
Geez, some action happened while I was away. I was one of the first couple of people who complained about this "legit marketing action". I reported Smut's initial post about the marketing scheme to moderators, possibly others did as well, I don't know. After a couple of hours and a few exchanges with Smut, he PMed me. I kept it private because I thought that it was the respectful thing to do, but given Smut has decided to splooge his PMs all over this thread, I might as well post his message with me as it is relevant. I'd also like to note that my initial review that focused more on Smut as a developer was removed due to review rule 4 - after he reported it AND other low star reviews, which kinda makes his claim that negative reviews weren't removed false.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TLDR: He worked in the mobile games genre, which is where he learned all his "legit" monetization and marketing tactics. He reported low reviews en masse. Also I suggested he salvage this by releasing the $5 patreon tier to everyone, which he is at least doing.

Basically he is a poor pitiable soul, turned to the dark side by the forces of the sith mobile games industry, and hopefully, one day, we can convert him to a maker of good games. If Revan could be turned to the light, anything is possible friends!

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
Moderator positions were given to those that earned respect here, yet you choose to call them out on their own site, and expect what? Bet you never stopped and thought exactly what it is you are trying to achieve. Well besides the obvious, making this thread more of a joke. News Flash, there is such a thing as bad publicity.

This is my serious advice. Apologize to whatever fans you have and to the mods that skim these threads relentlessly, in order to make this site a better experience for everyone....thats right EVERYONE..not just you. You are making this personal, We simply do our jobs. Make amends and salvage your name by doing something the right way. Swallow your pride and rebuild.

-Good luck

Lt. Aldo Raine

Sharing Is Caring
Donor
Former Staff
Mar 24, 2017
The first thing that happened whas this:

Message deleted under no explanation, and minutes after, un-deleted.

That warning felt threatening.

That same moderator started spreading lies about me in my rates.
Then I noticed more rates being deleted without explanation or warning.
I submitted a ticket asking for help:

I really felt threatened and I was hoping some other admin would help me.
Instead, I received just this:

I got scared.
And I excused myself, and asked for help, again:

This never received a proper answer.

I created another ticket, again, asking for more help with a situation that was going out of control.

I offered my total collaboration.
The event was having a good reception, except from residual opinions.
Statistics don't lie: 200 likes, 80 reviews.
Point of critique: Some people wrote reviews that didn't follow the rules, around 50% of them... In any case, when you write a review there is nothing telling you those rules, and people may get confused.

Your answer came aprox 12hours after I was asking for help and guidance, and it was this one:

I do not think the same way. I found that was paternalization.

But ok, this is your way to deal with things.
One rule of this place is to not argue with moderations (I am against rules like this, they are usually found in autoritarism and I like to think we are all equal and we can achieve great things with dialogue.)

I was highly frustrated and I said stupid things too. Things that I did not believe. Common mistake of hot people.
I also asked to delete topics that are breaking other rules of the forum because they contain lies and direct attacks:

Moderators Answer = they ignore me.
Those posts breaking rules and containing toxic attitudes are still here.

They only deleted my stuff.

Situation:
Scared for a situation out of control, asking for help and none given, and being completely ignored on this thread, discord and support tickets... I got infuirated.

I wanted to do something cool. It fired backwards. I tried to solved with dialogue and collaboration. I received none of them. I resolved on my way, which is not punishing the people of this forum and releasing the next update sooner than expected.

I never could have imagined this situation were going to end so bad. I do not like where we got, and I am very aware that this will be harmful. I'll deal with it.

Probably if moderators contacted me, things would have been different. We'll never know. But I am dissapointed with the people that manage this place.

We'll see how things move forward from here.

Important info:
No F95zone user will be harmed by the stupidity of a content creator, by the lack of communication of the admins of this forum, and Public release of Death Star Trainer will happen around October 3th-5th.

I apologize if I offended anyone. I deleted everything I thought it could be derogatory. I do not expect toxic people and some admins doing the same, but if they do, I will welcome it.

Edited to avoid toxic environments.

Man. You just dont see it do you? ME ME ME ME. You talk about moderators not helping. Well if you think that, youre just losing more and more ground with me. I started a discord that helps devs daily. Lots of them here will vouch for the things id do to help, not only a dev....but anyone. Granted they go about it the right way. Playing a victim and blaming others for your shortcomings will get you nowhere, not only on this forum, but in life. Hear what it is im saying and STOP. After pity comes disgust, dont go there. Stop blaming others, just calm down and collect your thoughts. If your game didnt turn out how you liked, you take this experience and use it as fuel for the next project then come back and make others eat their words. Rome wasnt built in a day my friend. I hope you read this carefully and let it all soak in.

-Good day

The horse is dead. Please stop beating it.
No its not. He keeps editing his posts. And letting me know via pm. PS i still dont like it

TommyEsclow

Aug 18, 2017
To get successful in what you're doing, you need patience and quality work. Not just in f95 but also everywhere else. People who rush things, will never see a positive outcome. As a content creator for others you've a responsibility, especially if you get money from them. The most important part of it is honesty. If you lie, trick or do shady business it'll never end well. I'm not pointing at someone here, it's just something I wanted to let out.

Darth Smut

May 1, 2018
Thank you.

I will keep giving support the members of F95zone who want to know more about Death Star Trainer, and fixing reported bugs.

For Closed or Off-topics, you can PM me or .

Reactions: Lt. Aldo Raine

Nephelimo

Jun 24, 2018
@Darth Smut I believe you think that everyone is personally attacking while we just try to be straight forward and bland honest with you. It's not my job to judge you for the things you have done in the past, since they have already been taken care off, but the way you have been trying to promote your project is similar to people who in the past scammed people on patreon by taking the money and disappearing while abandoning the projects. Thats why I called you a potential scam lord and by all means I hope that wont be the case and proved wrong. As for the game I decided to give it one last chance, 0.0.2 is ok, at the very least is playable. Not much content yet but thats fine, waiting for the 0.1 improvements . I hope you do get to finish a great project and best of luck on that but be more considerate on how you treat people in the future, especially those who try to help you and would like to support what you do.

1.50 star(s) 44 Votes