csaja

Jul 11, 2017
@Darth Smut has been permanently banned from the site. We haven't made this decision lightly, however the sheer amount of cancer in this thread has started overflowing to other threads, users and developers.

This thread, developer and game has been the subject of much discussion amongst the moderators, staff and admins over the past 6+ months. The constant fighting, arguments, manipulation, and drama which Darth Smut revels in is not welcome on the forums.

From manipulating other developers to 'steal' assets from them, to manipulating his like and review count, to reporting every single bad review that his game gets given, to immediately jumping on and attacking any negative feedback, to the constant PMs to Mods and Staff requesting comments be deleted, to manipulating the updates system to gain an unfair advantage... the list goes on...

I'm sure Darth Smut will go on to tell people how unfair we've been, and how everyone is ganging up against him, however we have gone above and beyond in dealing with this developer, and unfortunately enough is enough. The forum is better off without his brand of manipulative, psychopathic behavior.

THANK GOD ITS A PARTY

Reactions: Maximumale
May 30, 2017

I think we broke Smutt :cry:

Some standout quotes:
"And it’s not just you. Everyone inside that big cloud of toxicity is acting the same weird way, and they seem to be only doing mistakes, the same way as you have done.

...I started to assume my mistakes. I took responsibility for them, own them, process them, and I started to forgive me for “being human and make mistakes".
After that, I started seeing everyone else as humans who make mistakes too. I noticed them, their muddles, their misinterpretations, their misjudgments.

...Being in the middle of all the toxicity taught me people can be mean, stupid, naive and big dickheads.

...I am sure that people, still inside that toxic cloud, are so blind by its toxicity that expects me to resent them, to tell people that they are bad, or more toxic ideas that I don’t want to fall into them ever again. Maybe some of them even rejoice and keep doing… human mistakes that no one must judge.

...We must build a new fresh environment where the mistakes of the past won’t be repeated and the new ones won’t blind us.
A place where respect, honesty, generosity and kindness will be a must.
A place where, if we do mistakes, everyone will have a helpful hand. And those who keep insisting with toxic attitudes, we will gently invite them to go where the toxic clouds are."

TLDR, it's all our fault, he's risen above us, and he is starting a cult.

May 30, 2017
Also amusing to note is that his discord is "SW adult community", but it is literally just his discord for his game.

He also has a lot of rules including:
"#3 NO Trolling, Attacking or Harassment
#4 Do NOT instigate drama in all means (despite your argument being correct or not)
#5 Respect and help the Mods & Devs (we are a small team)"

So basically pucker up or get out.

And a final funny note, there are 4 tiers of discord titles above normal users of the server.
Only he and SkullYakker are on the top tier.
No one is on the second tier.
No one is on the third tier.
The server has been up for a month.

Always good when a humble server host has to have two empty buffer tiers between him and the serfs.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
well that escalated quickly but still slowly.

always sad to see things turn like this.

but meh... if admin, mods, staff and all have take a decision, i guess its the best thing to do. i just hope they wont be too much devs and games in wich that happen.
but everything is understanbadalebable (whatever how you write this word in english)...

anyway... i just move on.

good luck devs

keep being good all staff,mods and all peoples in shadows on this website :) , it will be a really shitty place without you all keeping peoples correct in line.

Sep 10, 2018
I've never been the type to kiss the ring but in this particular case I do have to give the mods and staff here a hats off, not only for banning Darth Smut but for resisting the urge to do that for what I imagine to be some time. That kind of tolerance and patience takes effort from a staff standpoint and is the backbone of the community here. Maybe it didn't work out in this case but I admire the benefit of the doubt you gave him. I would have personally smashed him with the b7 hammer harder than Thor 20 pages back.

Apr 24, 2018
He’s taking a victim complex to mythical levels
Darth Smut Suffering from Success.png

But in all seriousness, it is kind of sad to see. I hope he doesn't act like that IRL, for his own sake. It's just hard to feel bad for someone when you try and help him and he responds so condescendingly. I really think he actually thinks hes been right in all of these situations and that every piece of criticism he received was from people who don't understand his genius. Even when he didn't respond with some condescending or passive/aggressive remark. His "nice" replies where would say "he was going to work on it" or "I'm going to do it, It just takes time" were nothing more than attempts to placate whoever he was responding to. Sometimes it would seem like he was just clueless but there are so many situations where he has clearly been deliberately deceitful and malicious, that part of me always felt like he was fully aware of everything he was doing and was just feigning ignorance so people would take pity and not call him out on his shit. If you look at just his actions and disregard all the stuff he says, it's not a pretty picture. I think the mods made the right decision,you gotta draw the line somewhere and he had no shortage of chances, that's for sure.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
The irony of this thread being more active, with more discussion and yknow, non toxic behaviour now is both hilarious and depressing in a way.

His post on Patreon reads like he's describing a full on abusive relationship, not a forum where people didn't like his practices. That's...worrying.

Regardless of how he's taken it, it's possible this is the kick in the ass he needs to actually work on his game. Less time spent making mistakes on here - which btw, he claims he only made because other people made him - means more time spent on the game...right? On the other hand, I fear this may be the end of any hope of a NON-DLC, microtransaction fueled bug fest seeing the light of day. Only time will tell I guess.

May 30, 2017
Regardless of how he's taken it, it's possible this is the kick in the ass he needs to actually work on his game. Less time spent making mistakes on here - which btw, he claims he only made because other people made him - means more time spent on the game...right? On the other hand, I fear this may be the end of any hope of a NON-DLC, microtransaction fueled bug fest seeing the light of day. Only time will tell I guess.
When every positive action he took here was only done in a response to the community's activism I feel like hoping might be a waste of energy. He only stopped the review buying because of our community, he only released updates with any content because of our community, he only took some action to reduce the game's grind because of our community. And he only realized his pride was the issue because of our community.

But those glimpses of self awareness never led to real change. I feel like even his admission of pride was yet another method of cynically controlling the situation. His patreon post is clearly trying to frame it as him having flaws forced upon him by us, that we were the ones maintaining the toxicity, and that he has risen above it and that he is too benevolent to judge those poor souls that have chosen to remain.

Instead of choosing to grow here he was trying to undercut F95zone by setting up his discord a month ago. The fact he named the discord SW Adult Community and then took draconian hold of it, rather than just setting up a discord named after his game like every other dev, is just another expression of his pride. He tried to funnel people away from here by refusing to share updates regularly here, and directing all feedback to the discord.

I find it difficult to imagine a positive outcome when someone who has proven to be an avatar of pride has put himself in an environment where he has total control and the ability to ban all criticism. Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

But in all seriousness, it is kind of sad to see. I hope he doesn't act like that IRL, for his own sake. It's just hard to feel bad for someone when you try and help him and he responds so condescendingly. I really think he actually thinks hes been right in all of these situations and that every piece of criticism he received was from people who don't understand his genius.
I actually feel bad for the dude, he doesn’t even realize he’s still consumed with his own demons and now it’s splashing over into his Patreon. He’s taking a victim complex to mythical levels. I ignored this thread for so long because it literally was a cycle of masochism.
Yeah, even in his PMs with me he made it clear that he believes everything he has ever done was well intentioned. He never provided a valid basis for that statement, only convoluted logic. I had an abusive father growing up, an intelligent and logical man who created twisted reasons for doing what he did to my family and to me in particular. He acknowledged that what he did was wrong, but always convinced himself that it was entirely justified and that it was the best course of action he could take. To the point where he would start remembering events very differently from everyone else around him because he literally went over it and over it in his mind, rationalizing his chritianity and his values with his horrible actions. He was able to alter history for himself to be more palatable for him.

I honestly feel like Smutt is a similar kind of person. Someone who believes in his own goodness so fiercely he repeatedly tried to reshape reality to make his actions palatable to himself. You tell the same lie enough times you start believing it yourself. People would directly quote him and he would call them liars who were misrepresenting him. All the positive reviews were genuine, but the negative ones were people trying to "sink him", the mods kept those reviews up because they hated him and were conspiring to destroy him, anyones reasoned critique of his apparent intentions were literally delusional, and anything they thought were just unreal biased thoughts that he was not responsible for.

The guy is clearly unwell. And as someone who has suffered from mental illness I too feel sorry for him. I think that may have subconsciously been the reason I kept giving him second chances and trying to help him reform. But at a certain point that isnt our job, and you can't change without actually wanting to own your problems.

May 30, 2017
I watched episode 3 once. It was enough for me. Even in that 1 minute scene you have terrible acting, terrible writing, slow terribly paced editing, and yet another lightsaber fight that is an emotionless choreographed cg waste of time.

The rogue one scene though was worth the price of admission to an otherwise disappointing film, one that couldnt even be saved by Alan Tudyk.

Sep 10, 2018
I watched episode 3 once. It was enough for me. Even in that 1 minute scene you have terrible acting, terrible writing, slow terribly paced editing, and yet another lightsaber fight that is an emotionless choreographed cg waste of time.

The rogue one scene though was worth the price of admission to an otherwise disappointing film, one that couldnt even be saved by Alan Tudyk.
I never really liked the 80s trilogy that much, lucas's weird fetish for jar jar binks aside episode 1, 2 and 3 are collectively my favourite thing about the star wars movies. I know it's not a popular opinion but i thought those three compiled a cool story, so much so I rewatch all of them periodically. I did like the yoda training scenes from the 80s movies and a couple moments though.

The love for the prequel series probably has a lot to do with with how hot natalie portman is too. The stories I really enjoyed though are those in the extended universe, the intricate and expansive lore involving the jedi and sith over hundreds of generations. There was a kick ass series of books that came out called jedi apprentice and jedi quest or something that detailed qui-gon gin and obi-wans adventures together and the other series involved obi-wan and anakin outside of the movies.

May 30, 2017
I never really liked the 80s trilogy that much, lucas's weird fetish for jar jar binks aside episode 1, 2 and 3 are collectively my favourite thing about the star wars movies. I know it's not a popular opinion but i thought those three compiled a cool story, so much so I rewatch all of them periodically. I did like the yoda training scenes from the 80s movies and a couple moments though.
Well thats the grossest thing I've seen on this forum. And you know what is on this forum.

Might I direct you here kind yet deluded sir.

Reactions: Nova Minx
Sep 10, 2018
Well thats the grossest thing I've seen on this forum. And you know what is on this forum.

Might I direct you here kind yet deluded sir.

I made it 25 minutes in without him making a single logical point before I gave it up. The world's most painful reviewer. I think people view the 80s movies with the rose-coloured glasses of nostalgia.

May 30, 2017
At first I thought he was doing a voice, then I realized it was just his voice. Bless that man.
Nah he's doing a voice, he is the guy on the left in all the half in the bag episodes on their channel. But if you're a Star Trek fan like I am, watching him tear into the TNG era films is amazing. I still like the ones I like, but the dude deconstructs them and reveals everything that doesn't make sense. And it's glorious haha.

I made it 25 minutes in without him making a single logical point before I gave it up.
Because pointing out that all the characters lack character and all the actions that take place don't make sense is definitely illogical. ;) Might I suggest that you yourself might be guilty of looking at the prequels through rose colored glasses, which is fine; if you enjoy something then keep enjoying it. But from an objective standpoint the original trilogy is by far superior. It might not be your thing - again, fine - but in terms of coherence of plot, cinematography, characterization, editing, writing, and even how the special effects used have aged (practical effects vs CG), the original trilogy are the better made films.

Which is why having all of the prequel characters being the focus of development in this game made little sense to me. (Relevant to OT :) )

Reactions: Nova Minx
Sep 10, 2018
Because pointing out that all the characters lack character and all the actions that take place don't make sense is definitely illogical. ;) Might I suggest that you yourself might be guilty of looking at the prequels through rose colored glasses, which is fine; if you enjoy something then keep enjoying it. But from an objective standpoint the original trilogy is by far superior. It might not be your thing - again, fine - but in terms of coherence of plot, cinematography, characterization, editing, writing, and even how the special effects used have aged (practical effects vs CG), the original trilogy are the better made films.

Which is why having all of the prequel characters being the focus of development in this game made little sense to me. (Relevant to OT :) )
He compared characters across three films to one film, one where most of the characters were in professional roles: Jedis in official peace keeping roles, god damn queen, Anakin was a child but still had heaps of personality/character and so did Padme in her handmaiden sections and eventually revealing herself as the true queen did show character. A case could be made for Qui-gon and Obi-wan lacking some of the character that could have been there but unlike Luke they were proper jedi with lifelong training, a group which defines themselves on the repression of their emotions... and even then qui-gon defined himself in what room there was as taking a stand against the council and his own padawan to push for training anakin. As for the crap about the blockage making sense, who cares? not everything has to be explained out and handed to you in film like you're a baby. There are problems with the movie but no valid ones pointed out in the first 25 minutes of that review.

Might I suggest that you yourself might be guilty of looking at the originals through rose colored glasses, which is fine; if you enjoy something then keep enjoying it. It's the same thing with music, people listen to particular songs and styles of music in their adolescence and because of their hormones during that period which translates to emotional intensity nothing else ever resonates musically with them as strong as what they listened to during their teenage years. People find themselves coming back to those same tunes over and over. That's probably true of my affinity too, I wanted to do terrible and wonderful things to Natalie Portman as a teen. I'm not going to claim the prequel series is better objectively because I couldn't do that without giggling. it's purely subjective. I think the effects in the 80s movies look old and shitty compared to cgi special effects of the modern era. That's my opinion, not a fact.

1.50 star(s) 44 Votes