5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Datbel

Aug 2, 2017
Just reading a couple of them threads/replies. Imo, they should just focus on two things or something. Like their webcomic which I really really like reading and one game like either the RPG or Guilty Raid. Iis the RPG even done or still ongoing? I have it downloaded and extracted like months ago, but just never touched it.
The RPG is 'ongoing'.

They are making Guilty Raid, a whole another game that was based off one of their older ones. Still in development. As in, they don't even have a demo for it out yet despite announcing development months earlier.

They made Dark Alley Elf a couple of months earlier too. It has a couple of scenes but not as many as you would expect from a game in this day and age.

They did the two aforementioned titles above while also making the RPG. As in, they are making the games above during the production of the RPG.

Their main 'focus' is their webcomic, which has been on hiatus for a very long while now. Cresentia posts a couple of her artworks on hentaifoundry and that's about it.

I have absolutely no bloody clue what they are doing that keeps their patrons happy. I like the artstyle, but it becomes really bloody obvious that that's the only thing going for them.

Swat10212

Jun 25, 2017
20200124 cath CG WIP.png
Deathblight RPG:

Cres sketched a new CG as you can see above.

The one from last time is still WIP.

After those two are done, Cres still needs to draw one more CG (though that last one doesn't have variations) as well as the minigame cut ins.

Once those are done, they need to be implemented and tested. You know the drill.

So progress as usual.

Deathblight Guilty Raid:

Nothing really new to report here, we're still fixing bugs and adjusting balancing.

Also keep in mind:

We are currently in the middle of looking for a new appartment, which means lots of time is spend looking for apartments available, visiting those places to check if they are suitable and in good condition etc. etc.

Which means that we may not always be able to reach our daily work goals, depending on how much time on that day is spend for the appartment search.

We deeply apologize for any delays and inconveniences caused by this.

Of course we'll still try to get as much done as we possibly can in the current situation.

And that's all for now.

Gnodab

Feb 4, 2018
Deathblight Guilty Raid:

Nothing really new to report here, we're still fixing bugs and adjusting balancing.

:KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK::KEK:

Holy Shit i can't believe theses guys.

Thanks for the "Update", i couldn't be bothered supporting them anymore.

Reactions: psycohunter96

psycohunter96

Aug 19, 2017
View attachment 532311
Deathblight RPG:

Cres sketched a new CG as you can see above.

The one from last time is still WIP.

After those two are done, Cres still needs to draw one more CG (though that last one doesn't have variations) as well as the minigame cut ins.

Once those are done, they need to be implemented and tested. You know the drill.

So progress as usual.

Deathblight Guilty Raid:

Also keep in mind:

We are currently in the middle of looking for a new appartment, which means lots of time is spend looking for apartments available, visiting those places to check if they are suitable and in good condition etc. etc.

Which means that we may not always be able to reach our daily work goals, depending on how much time on that day is spend for the appartment search.

We deeply apologize for any delays and inconveniences caused by this.

Of course we'll still try to get as much done as we possibly can in the current situation.

And that's all for now.
1580241783022.png

Boss4ever

Jan 11, 2018
Deathblight Guilty Raid:

It was in 2019 month 11 and they were saying the same, so it takes 3+ months just for a demo and bugfixing??

lostnumber

Dec 25, 2017
Yeah I supported for years until they decided to cancel the comic, turn the rpg into an updated visual novel they update every 6 months with the same base cg progressing slightly, and return to a game they had working (guilty raid) that I didn't think needed a bunch of changing just more enemies and cg's for said enemies.

It's hard not to think they've lost whatever passion they had for this and are just using what money they get for now to move and set up actual jobs somewhere else leaving us with unfinished stuff they'll blame on a lack of funds.

Reactions: Amariithynar

Goofus

Oct 4, 2017
We are witnessing the sad, slow end of a project that started out overambitious and lacking focus -- which happens to be the single most common reason why indie game projects die prematurely. I'm fairly certain that the reason why they're only giving out crumbs these days is that they're completely lost as to what to do because they didn't start with a comprehensive plan, or an understanding of where to direct their time and resources. Crescentia's amazing art has been a crutch sustaining the fan's occasional interest, while the ongoing, multimedia narrative has meandered aimlessly, building a shallow and nebulous world from the top down, seldom taking time to develop characters or plot -- and when we've gotten character development, it's usually an excuse to add more new characters to the already bloated cast.

I love the main characters, and I hate to see their potential squandered like this. I think it might have been avoided if the author could just learn to focus on what works, and knew when to go big and when to keep it simple.

The lesson here, kids, is something they'll tell you in any game dev. or creative writing course: Start small. Everybody tends to get really excited about their first few projects, and wants to make each one a magnum opus; this is a misplaced impulse. Don't promise something you don't know you'll be able to deliver just because you have a big, vague picture in your mind of what you want it to be. IMO, the smart thing to do with the Deathblight RPG would have been to just make that first dungeon the whole game and pack it and the surrounding town with all the content they had planned. For all intents and purposes, the game would already be finished, and they'd be working on bonus content now. And don't add more than the three main characters -- seriously, this IP has too many fucking characters.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
well that's true start small work you way up and alway's talk to your team. this game can still be saved but they will have to work with what the got for now look it over reevualat what to do and how to fix it. also when in doute ask you patrions what they think or just brain storm with your team on how to make it work are better.

Swat10212

Jun 25, 2017

Hello everyone!
Time for a new progress report.
(Also Discord Server link )

Deathblight RPG:
Cres is still working on the CGs, so there isn't really much else to tell here, aside of progress at the usual pace.
For the job minigame for Catheline we figured we might do that DDR style for the massage, so you have to hit arrow keys in the right order in order to satisfy the customer. But we are still working on the specifics for that one.

Deathblight Guilty Raid:
The bugs are squashed now for the most part, so we're currently working and polishing the balancing.
We figured that it's more fun to be able to skill spam as long as you have MP to do so, instead of waiting for the skills to refill their charges via killing enemies, so we are currently reworking that.
Some skills were used really sparingly, and we hope to change this with going for a system that has less limitations on the skill usage.
Also, it's more fun if you have more options to play around with while fighting demons, right?

In the end though, no skill should become a mandatory skill.
While also no skill should be useless.
Finding the right balance in this regard is tough, but we're working on it.

That said, we recommend to join our Discord server since I (Wolfenstahl) occasionally stream DBGR there (I did that 2 times so far), so you guys can see how the game is currently looking live.
Discord link ->

And that's all for now!

Last edited:

Datbel

Aug 2, 2017
And that's all for now!

Well, at least they're still putting out content.

After literally six fucking months of nothing, but I digress.

As long work still goes on we should suspend our judgement, give them benefit of the doubt, etc. etc.

Etc.

ThEy wOn't iMplODe, notHInG liKe tHeSe gAMes: Simbros, Eromancer, Demacian Rising, Divine Arms, etc.

-Sarcasm Ends Here-

They'd better not go down the same route as those guys did. Combat grapple games are a great concept that requires proper execution, which so far they had been showing great promise in. It's improbable that they won't give up yet considering their track record, they've done great work so far and should be applauded for it. But I really hope they end up being a Sierra Lee and not a ViperV.

Ilverin

Dec 16, 2017
Wha, forgot this game existed, but seeing how updates go, I guess I'll forgot about it again in no time...

Reactions: Alpha-rius
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes