Thundorn

Dec 31, 2017
Good morning everyone.

I had a few spare minutes in my break at work so skim read the comments here. Firstly thank you to everyone who has posted. I know that I have made some mistakes along the way, but this is my first game as a solo developer and the fact that so many people can see the potential in this game is what spurs me to keep working on it.

I will be the first person to admit that there have been bugs, but I fix every bug that is reported usually within minutes of them being reported, but the key thing here is that they need to be reported. I know some people can get frustrated and resort to ranting or leaving poor reviews which is their prerogative but it's far more beneficial to everyone if you just drop a quick email to the address provided in the OP so that I can fix it.

The game will live up to expectation but it will take time. There isn't a team of full time coders, writers and artists working on Deeper, just me in my spare time. It's a labour of love and I genuinely appreciate the support that I've had thus far and I am blown away by the generosity of some people.

Anyway I have to get back to work now

Aug 16, 2017
"Endless repetitive actions" indeed is a trouble, but I don't think game deserves 1star out of 5.
Graphics are good. I really like appearance of mother and sister. Script isn't bad either - there is no "MC helped his mother and she suddenly wanted his cock in her mouth" like stuff.

I mean, it's a dev who have posted this game here. He/She really wants sincere feedback from us, yet some morons give 1star out of 5...

that's a bit harsh. if 1 star is their opinion then so be it. not everyone sees things the same way and having many differing opinions is what reviews are all about. I personally don't agree with many I have read here but I wouldn't call them morons for it.

I agree the graphics are good enough for the game so far (aside from the eyebrows on that girl at the music shop) and the tease of this game, despite the over-grind, I find to be a delight. I prefer a lead-in over a quick scene, otherwise I may as well quit games and watch redtube instead.

this game has its issues but most of its faults, for me, are tweakable. premise is good enough and the ideas are there. long live the tease :D

Gideon Herman

Apr 22, 2018
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'mobile/mb_day.jpg'>:
File "game/scripts/functions.rpy", line 191, in <module>
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mobile/mb_day.jpg'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "script.rpyc", line 54, in script call
File "scripts/mainloop.rpyc", line 3, in script call
File "scripts/mainloop.rpyc", line 14, in script call
File "scripts/functions.rpyc", line 191, in script
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 882, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1913, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File "game/scripts/functions.rpy", line 191, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2724, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 289, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2662, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3148, in interact_core
self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2065, in draw_screen
renpy.config.screen_height,
File "render.pyx", line 487, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
File "render.pyx", line 235, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
File "render.pyx", line 147, in renpy.display.render.render
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 719, in render
File "accelerator.pyx", line 110, in renpy.display.accelerator.transform_render
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 580, in render
return cache.get(self, render=True)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 266, in get
surf = image.load()
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\display\im.py", line 625, in load
surf = renpy.display.pgrender.load_image(renpy.loader.load(self.filename), self.filename)
File "C:\Users\Gideon-Nolene\Desktop\Deeper-0.0.773p-pc\renpy\loader.py", line 576, in load
raise IOError("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'mobile/mb_day.jpg'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.1.1.929
Deeper 0.0.773p
Tue Oct 16 15:11:30 2018

nocturnalyours

Sep 18, 2017
Here is my save folder. There is allot of grinding in this game. The last save you are dating Shelly not Christine. I don't know how much of the game I have covered but you work for Laura 20:00 - 23:00 and can go to school 09:00 - 13:00.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
can someone outline how corruption progress is conducted? this game appears very slow.

Edward78

Oct 4, 2018
can someone outline how corruption progress is conducted? this game appears very slow.
Still dont know hoy is conducted. I have passed the examn at school, i work as an accountancy intern from 10 to 14, make $20 per day and saved about $1.500 in the bank. Own all the items from Lessco, some of Ruby's amd still no romance with mother or sister. Ill try to save 4.000 for the surgery and see what happends :/

aocheese

Jan 9, 2018
"Endless repetitive actions" indeed is a trouble, but I don't think game deserves 1star out of 5.
Graphics are good. I really like appearance of mother and sister. Script isn't bad either - there is no "MC helped his mother and she suddenly wanted his cock in her mouth" like stuff.

I mean, it's a dev who have posted this game here. He/She really wants sincere feedback from us, yet some morons give 1star out of 5...
The MC and other characters look stupid as though and they are inconsistently rendered in different images, like the nap/wakeup Laura is completely different than other images, and the mom was change multiple times throughout development, and the girl who works at the record store is changed and inconsistent too. The main character just looks like there's something wrong with his face.

Reactions: ar1122

MOISTNESS

Jun 13, 2018
Great game. Agree with the grinding issues though, as I think it might cross the limit of reasonable...ness?; I was about to give up at several points thinking I had reached the "end" of the build after my eyes glazing over but kept going because I love the circumstance, renders, plot and writing so much.

I appreciate that this actually HELPS you kind of feel the desperation and "grind" of trying to survive and claw your way out of the hole slowly and steadily; I would gladly grind away if that were the case, but maybe some sort of progress indicator or even just a notice/tracker that I have not reached the end of the build yet, somehow?

I find the revised models looking great so that is something to look forward to. If your the type that likes saving females in tough situations/helping broken women, etc, this game is for you. All that and it has a hot trans chick that can karate-size yo' a$$... what's not to love?

Game is a great beginning and I hope to see more of it. I know I am going to head on over and sponsor the work.

Keep it up!

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018

Oh, I agree with you. I don't think I personally left any rating for this game, and I'd disagree with anyone who would actually rate it 1 star. It's definitely not a BAD game, it's just something I wouldn't be able to get through solely because of the gameplay elements alone. Still, I see how having some sort of "gameplay" is appealing to a lot of people so I wouldn't pressure the dev to change it, it's just not for me.

As for me personally, if I WAS to rate this game, I'd probably give it at least 3 stars for similar reasons to what you mentioned. The graphics are nice, the girls are cute, and the story seems fun. I just sadly can't advance through the story as I can't bring myself to play through the repetitive daily grind.

Good morning everyone.

I had a few spare minutes in my break at work so skim read the comments here. Firstly thank you to everyone who has posted. I know that I have made some mistakes along the way, but this is my first game as a solo developer and the fact that so many people can see the potential in this game is what spurs me to keep working on it.

I will be the first person to admit that there have been bugs, but I fix every bug that is reported usually within minutes of them being reported, but the key thing here is that they need to be reported. I know some people can get frustrated and resort to ranting or leaving poor reviews which is their prerogative but it's far more beneficial to everyone if you just drop a quick email to the address provided in the OP so that I can fix it.

The game will live up to expectation but it will take time. There isn't a team of full time coders, writers and artists working on Deeper, just me in my spare time. It's a labour of love and I genuinely appreciate the support that I've had thus far and I am blown away by the generosity of some people.

Anyway I have to get back to work now
It's nice to see devs who don't take feedback/criticism as a personal attack. Some of them get all bent out of shape even if you compliment their game in the same paragraph that you offer criticism. Your game could be pretty great in my opinion, the only reason I can't bring myself to play it is the day-to-day, time-based gameplay that I find to be horrendously repetitive. If not for those things, I think I'd have an epic game in my hands. Either way, just because it's not for me doesn't mean it's not good for others- so you do you, sir and keep up the great work.

DarkenDragon

Aug 30, 2018
so I just spent the last 2 hours trying this game out, and well I have to say I am extremely disappointed. with it being at a version 0.0.773, I would assume its gone through a few iterations. with that said, I spent most of my time having to replay the game to get back to my position as it would constantly freeze up and crash, or an error would have occurred. with it being this frequent, this is just showing how badly the game is coded. these are functional errors, which should have been dealt with before the game would be released. I can see quite a bit of potential for the game but you gotta fix the basics before we can give it a good try at it.

to me it seems like you lack the basic principals of programming, the main thing is to make sure you plan your code out first. this was the one thing my professors and teachers would drill into us all the time. write out the algorithms before you even start coding. write it out in plain English first, then convert it into semi-code, then convert that into syntax. this should fix majority of the problems.

also many of these problems should have been caught with a few run through of the game. so please as the developer, you need to play the game a few times to make sure it is working fine. you need to run some functional testing to make sure each functionality of each item is working as intended. I highly suggest going from the beginning and test each function for bugs. this should be done before a version is released.

also it doesnt help that there is too many idle times in the game. at least in the beginning, too many times where I have to hit the time button, not knowing if I was supposed to do something during this time period. thus every hour I gotta go through all the different locations just to find out that nothing can be done. so instead of doing every hour, maybe do just phases of the day "morning, afternoon, evening, night" and even then, I think it'd be beneficial if there was some sort of icon above each location to indicate if something can be done there.

I can see quite a bit of potential for this game but there is a lot of basic maintenance that needs to be done before I would consider this as a playable version.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Jake: What would you like to watch mom? Mom: Hmm I think I would like to watch something scary. Jake selects american horror story. Mom: Hmm. Not what I had in mind but ok. Mothers response is wrong and needs to be fixed as she should be saying that she likes the movie that was selected.

Mom: Lets watch something dark. Picks American horror story and she says this is fine

I have played twice now from start and have yet to see the mother asking her son to help her bathe his sister. Never brought her outside to the pool.

Laura comes to visit when sister is in hospital and Jake wants to turn the lights on but mother still acts like sister is there in the room.

Before I was able to skip past the mother telling the son he had to go to school by doing something right before it to jump past that time slot but now it seems you get forced to do that crap even if you don't want to start doing the school shit.

Missing picture with Laura and many Laura pictures still have that black circle artifact on her forehead. Niki scene also missing a screenshot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Your hair looks nice today mom. But clicking it goes to Laura scene instead of the mother.

Love2spooch

Jan 1, 2018
that's a bit harsh. if 1 star is their opinion then so be it. not everyone sees things the same way and having many differing opinions is what reviews are all about. I personally don't agree with many I have read here but I wouldn't call them morons for it.

I agree the graphics are good enough for the game so far (aside from the eyebrows on that girl at the music shop) and the tease of this game, despite the over-grind, I find to be a delight. I prefer a lead-in over a quick scene, otherwise I may as well quit games and watch redtube instead.

this game has its issues but most of its faults, for me, are tweakable. premise is good enough and the ideas are there. long live the tease :D
Rly? :/
So here is your logic - if 1 star is lowest mark and some morons decided to give lowest mark for all efforts dev made to make his game, then I can rate those persons as a living failures?

It is those ppl

Harsh you'll say - well, did you heard of double standards?
Normal person doesn't judge preconceived.
What will you think about person, who yelled at you right after you accidentally stepped on his foot? A moron, because he didn't even considered it's accident and didn't give you a chance to excuse.

So yeah, they are morons... and probably look like those creatures from pic.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
The grind wouldn't been that bad, if it hadn't been total random, or at least seems to be. I restarted it a few times, over and things happen out of the blue even you done the same stuff before without it happen.

The girl at school (Forgot the name), once you get the pool scene with her and then "repeat next week?", sure next week exam week... guess no followup :p

Love2spooch

Jan 1, 2018
The MC and other characters look stupid as though and they are inconsistently rendered in different images, like the nap/wakeup Laura is completely different than other images, and the mom was change multiple times throughout development, and the girl who works at the record store is changed and inconsistent too. The main character just looks like there's something wrong with his face.
Dude, rly - it's first build, dev posted game himself. What do you want? A masterpiece? For free? For such disrespect from some users?
Will you try better at making great dinner for your girl if she'd constantly saying that she better be eating dog food than your attempts?

I agree that game need improvements but you wrote like an angry kid "aaa I don't like this toy mom, buy me another". Sorry if I offended you but did you donated his something?
You can really help and make your valuable opinion work by donating him.
But right now you only complain. Playing for free...

Aug 16, 2017
Rly? :/
So here is your logic - if 1 star is lowest mark and some morons decided to give lowest mark for all efforts dev made to make his game, then I can rate those persons as a living failures?

It is those ppl

Harsh you'll say - well, did you heard of double standards?
Normal person doesn't judge preconceived.
What will you think about person, who yelled at you right after you accidentally stepped on his foot? A moron, because he didn't even considered it's accident and didn't give you a chance to excuse.

So yeah, they are morons... and probably look like those creatures from pic.

to talk about double standards and preconceived? read your own post as its full of both.
you firstly are way off on MY logic as 1 star is 20%. lowest mark you can give is zero, as in don't rate or review
secondly you have no idea how I would react in that situation or what I may think so i'm not sure how you can be so judgmental, yet you call them morons and STILL no nothing about who they are as a person. you couldn't be more full of preconceived then right there.

not everybody on here sees things the same way and I couldn't care whether a dev put 10 or 100hrs into a project, if its crap in my opinion, then I would say so, but calling out other members for their opinion because it doesn't fit your view is best saved for the venom sites like twitter and facebook.

disagree by all means but don't insult. there's no need.

Reactions: Somnay
2.60 star(s) 33 Votes