4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
The whole debt on hard mode, paid by selling just 2 bots... :ROFLMAO:

Not really problematic for now, as the point of those first few releases are to test the gameplay and features, game balance will need to be checked once all features are added ;)
I'm not responsible for mods people use :D

Also balance is nice to have, but not necessary really, if you find 1M$ bot at very start, well, good for you, have a pleasant gameplay :D I personally like such things, unless it happens every time.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Radnor Will the tier of the bot chassi have any practical difference other than price in future updates?
Likely in future content some client/traders will requests for specific tiers. Plus some upgrades may work better with higher tiers. Not 100% decided yet on this. Will experiment when get there.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Radnor Tried to test something, and I think I found a bug for you (well, I'll let you decide if it's a bug or working as intended...).
When the bot you get from the dump already has skills, then the bot also with an Autonomy rating that can be decently high, if it has multiple skills. As per the rules, that Autonomy rating is caped by the CPU.

So, I tried with one of my S-rank bots, altered the .JSON to get a bot with all S skills from the dump (all at 100%, just one was at 99%). Since the CPU was a neuro_v7, then the Autonomy rating was caped at A-rank. But then, if you repair the bot and give it an S-rank CPU, its autonomy is still A-rank (and of course you can't train it anymore since all skills are capped)

Not sure if you would consider it a bug or a feature working as intended.
When training bot can't become more autonomous than their current CPU rate. This is unlikely to change.
But i will likely add autonomy xp gains when bot is actively working their roles or being your companion during events, so you can improve autonomy of already full-S bots.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I have problems with this new version, my computer freezes, I got a media player with music and goes slowly after that, then stop working and reboots, I tried even only with this game running, and happen again.
Some of this happen when I was trying to fix or hack the bots.
I uninstall, and unpacked again, same result, five restarts in two days. Any ideas?...
Really don't know what could cause this, i will look what is different in repair/hack interactions, but if it is RenPy or OS/Drivers issues i doubt i will be able to do anything, sorry.
Try to update video drivers maybe, sometimes it helps.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
sometimes getting this error message when trying to enter "Buy Bots" screen in the flea market.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
When reporting bugs/crashes, please tell if you playing vanilla or modded version.
Some mods were reported to crash game, due to bad data inside.

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
When reporting bugs/crashes, please tell if you playing vanilla or modded version.
Some mods were reported to crash game, due to bad data inside.
yea sorry about that, im playing modded version, currently going thru the json files to see if i spot something that would trigger this.i have dragon/polip/tweak mod and the dscs mods that have been posted in this thread so might have to "disable" some of them to see which one is causin this error.

Reactions: Radnor

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Will you be adding the other traits as possible inherent options? When I was making my modpack, I was imagining one model designed for pure combat, that could have a "combat_smart" (when combat, social, ... traits become a thing) and "sex_dumb" traits as inherent, for example.
Yes, more traits will be added, inherent including. As i'm focusing on personality system right now, i will likely include some next update.

You could lock the button behind a specific requirement, for example it only shows on bots that you have C + familiarity. Or behind an upgrade
May work i guess, will think about it.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Yeah the Spawn rates on my A and S tier bots and parts are way too high for the dump and flea market but its fine for now until there are other more higher level ways to source bots. I dont know radnors plans is that regard but will adjust as necessary as new content becomes available.

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
yea sorry about that, im playing modded version, currently going thru the json files to see if i spot something that would trigger this.i have dragon/polip/tweak mod and the dscs mods that have been posted in this thread so might have to "disable" some of them to see which one is causin this error.
update on the situation, found the problem. I had tweaked some variables in the polip mod and i guess i wasn't paying attention cause i unzipped unmodified folder to see if it was from polips or my modifications and now it isn't giving the error message anymore. Sorry for the troubles. :D

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Yeah the Spawn rates on my A and S tier bots and parts are way too high for the dump and flea market but its fine for now until there are other more higher level ways to source bots. I dont know radnors plans is that regard but will adjust as necessary as new content becomes available.
The way I understand how the check is made to determine what you get in the dump, it will be VERY hard to balance the mods for the spawn rate of different models of bots. The spawn rate may vary a lot from one user to another, depending if you use only one mod, or multiple mods.

For example, if you use mods that add a ton of low-rank model (say, 20 or 30 new models), and just a few high-rank (say 4 or 5), then it will be hard to get those high ranks. But if instead you use only mods that add those 4-5 high rank, without adding a single low rank, then it would make it much easier to get those high rank models, even if the mods used in those 2 examples use the exact same settings.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
The way I understand how the check is made to determine what you get in the dump, it will be VERY hard to balance the mods for the spawn rate of different models of bots. The spawn rate may vary a lot from one user to another, depending if you use only one mod, or multiple mods.

For example, if you use mods that add a ton of low-rank model (say, 20 or 30 new models), and just a few high-rank (say 4 or 5), then it will be hard to get those high ranks. But if instead you use only mods that add those 4-5 high rank, without adding a single low rank, then it would make it much easier to get those high rank models, even if the mods used in those 2 examples use the exact same settings.
Yes, all drop chances/weights is summed up. Then specific drop chance is calculated as (weight*100/total_weight)%.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Just doing a little work on my mod its up to 9 bot models i want to get it to 20 total so theirs 2 E, 4 D, 8 C, 4 A and 2 s (to reflect that the majority of bots are targeted at the middle class market)

as i was writing descriptions for parts and bots i came up with a couple ideas that would be good,

1. Single use components, these are components that are destroyed if removed because logically they can only be used once for example my organic skin, no way to remove it without killing it.

2. Traits (inherent quirks) that apply to parts not bots as a whole.

3. Locked features, For example a bot might not be able to learn combat skills unless the owner pays the licensing fee ($$$) or hacks a workaround the DRM (computer skill check, which may result in bricking it forcing a psycho core wipe)

EDIT:

4. Synergy quirks, Inherent traits that only become apparent when pairing 2 or more specific parts in a bot with or without skill rank check.
Example
" "
Requirements
"Parts"
Human like Cybernetic skin
Human like Cybernetic Eyes
Human like Cybernetic Vocoder
"Skills"
Autonomy - S
Social - A
Description: "This bot is become so human like in appearance and behavior that for all intents and purposes it might as well be",
Price mult: 10,

Last edited:

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Just doing a little work on my mod its up to 9 bot models i want to get it to 20 total so theirs 2 E, 4 D, 8 C, 4 A and 2 s (to reflect that the majority of bots are targeted at the middle class market)

as i was writing descriptions for parts and bots i came up with a couple ideas that would be good,

1. Single use components, these are components that are destroyed if removed because logically they can only be used once for example my organic skin, no way to remove it without killing it.

2. Traits (inherent quirks) that apply to parts not bots as a whole.

3. Locked features, For example a bot might not be able to learn combat skills unless the owner pays the licensing fee ($$$) or hacks a workaround the DRM (computer skill check, which may result in bricking it forcing a psycho core wipe)
Destroy-on-replace part make sense indeed.
Will add part flag. Or remove-damage var, normally at 0, with 100 for destroy-or-replace part.
Idea will be some parts are easy to install/uninstall, some are hard and can be damaged, some will be destroyed 100%.

Part traits/special effects system is planned, not sure about details yet.

More bot hacking is planned, again not sure about details or ETA :D

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
5. Certain places will only buy bots with specific part / skill combinations.

for example
the local med clinic will only buy bots with c rank medical skill (or better) and Med-tech arms (or other part that incorporates medical sensors)

More bot hacking is planned, again not sure about details or ETA
Nice cant wait to see what you come up with

• Thinking Face

DerpTheDark

Aug 2, 2017
I hope I have a decent grip on your vision regarding the gameworld, bots, stats and such. About half was gleaned from hastily skimming through the thread, and the rest from playing, so not exactly an ideal info source. For some reason discord hates me and won't "accept invite". You might consider compiling a bit of a FAQ then adding some of your lore ideas to reign in some scope of the plentiful requests and eventual disappointed complaints.

I like that the "Model Rating" is tied to the overall value of the bot. Like Beauty was the limiter in Jx9, but in DSCS the potential of models to emulate the most subtle of human behaviors is limited by their... Model. (I really want to use "Chassis" there, but you've chosen to use "Chassis" as "State of Disrepair" referring to the lowest durability score of their list of components. So far, that's really the only thing I really wish I could change your mind on. :p ) So, with a high-end chassi-err... Model, upper tier components can make full use of their individual purposes. A bit like... the Base Chassis is a computer, and the components are useful applications. Only instead of bloated programs running like Fortnite on a Commodore-64, the components simply don't have the finer tuned electronic/mechanical infrastructure to make their processes seem fully authentic, much less graceful. I don't know, but that's just my thoughts.

I played on hardcore for about 10 minutes, when I realized I'm not actually a masochist. So, I'm grateful for that bit of self-discovery there. Truly punishing RNG, and I'm REALLY trying to quit my filthy save-scumming habit.

How close to Event/NPC modding are we? I mean... A sliding scale generic buyer or "bot wanted" missions would be really nice to reward some of the currently possible masterpieces with 75-150k or so. Dump events, combat possibilities, etc... Just to fill in the blanks while you work on fleshing out your vision, story and pacing for the game. I also wouldn't mind writing or rewriting some of your less robust scenes, in place. Thanks again for your game, so far!

I made a quick mod with a Model-A using AGMX-9's old assets and then played a bit more. I also added a few components, and I tried to make them make sense, and not be totally game-breaking, but they are higher ranked than what's currently in game. At this point in development, that alone is basically game breaking.
Made a basic Bot model while messing around with your .JSON file. Removed some of the custom parts that spawn with your mod.
(EDIT) My video files arent optimized for the game, still unsure how they work. They way they are formatted into the game doesnt make sense to me.

Reactions: Xzavie

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
If you add those kinds of components, then logically it would be pretty much impossible to find those parts in the dump, which will only leave buying them from retailer as an option to get them.
It could also serve as slightly lowering the dump supremacy (because let's face it, from a balance POV, the dump is completely OP at this point, compared to working ^^)

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
If you add those kinds of components, then logically it would be pretty much impossible to find those parts in the dump, which will only leave buying them from retailer as an option to get them.
It could also serve as slightly lowering the dump supremacy (because let's face it, from a balance POV, the dump is completely OP at this point, compared to working ^^)
Yeah but not wanting to speak for the man I presume in time more ways to get parts and bots will become available and ill adjust it as needs be so you cant find S rank stuff at a dump or in a flea market

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah but not wanting to speak for the man I presume in time more ways to get parts and bots will become available and ill adjust it as needs be so you cant find S rank stuff at a dump or in a flea market
Being able to find rank S things in the dump isn't so bad imho as long as it's rare enough. As we know some people have more money than patience and would happily throw stuff away and buy a new one rather than wait for a repair order.
Plus being able to win the dump lottery feel amazing :p

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes