4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
Or if you find the toggle needs balancing after playtesting? Put it behind a certain level of skill (but not an inordinate one - I'm a journeyman mechanic and I'm going off personal experience here) so C or B rank in Mechanics or Electronics should probably be sufficient.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
A setting toggle to not pick up Cracked or Plastic parts would solve the whole issue; glance at it, cracked or plastic? Don't waste time, move on. Much like any other junkyard; I can tell whether I'm interested in a part or not by glancing over it.

I don't need to make a full examination to know whether a part is something that meets my criteria.
It should still take the AP. The AP is not used to pick the item itself, it's used to search for something. You spend the time, and all you found is a plastic leg. Even if you don't take it, the time is already spent.

What you're asking for is similar to the save-load cheat, where you would only spend the AP if you roll something you like. It's called a cheat for a reason ;)

Reactions: Radnor

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
It should still take the AP. The AP is not used to pick the item itself, it's used to search for something. You spend the time, and all you found is a plastic leg. Even if you don't take it, the time is already spent.

What you're asking for is similar to the save-load cheat, where you would only spend the AP if you roll something you like. It's called a cheat for a reason ;)
You say cheating I say realism; frankly each of the 5AP represents a certain number of hours; it doesn't take hours to search a junkyard and say 'No I don't want that part'.

Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night - there's 5 AP and a 6 hour time span in each one (24/4 = 6); each AP is therefor worth 1.2 hours. It damn sure doesn't take me 1.2 HOURS to determine I don't want a part in a junkyard.

EDIT - It also doesn't take me 1.2 hours to leave the house and go get a buggy full of groceries; within an hour I'm home having gathered everything I wanted if I didn't have to wait in line to checkout. Generally to get it to take more than an hour requires multiple stores and multiple people ahead of me in line.

My conclusion is basically not to break the AP down into time, because when I think about it the stuff kinda annoys me; which is why I've suggested multiple ways to add more AP through buying upgrades already.

Last edited:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
You say cheating I say realism; frankly each of the 5AP represents a certain number of hours; it doesn't take hours to search a junkyard and say 'No I don't want that part'.

Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Night - there's 5 AP and a 6 hour time span in each one (24/4 = 6); each AP is therefor worth 1.2 hours. It damn sure doesn't take me 1.2 HOURS to determine I don't want a part in a junkyard.
You don't take one hour to determine if you want the part, it takes one hour to find anything that could be repaired in a middle of a big garbage dump. It's literally trying to find a needle in a haystack.

The Grifter

May 28, 2017

EDIT - It also doesn't take me 1.2 hours to leave the house and go get a buggy full of groceries; within an hour I'm home having gathered everything I wanted if I didn't have to wait in line to checkout. Generally to get it to take more than an hour requires multiple stores and multiple people ahead of me in line.
Actually you'd spend those 1.2 hours searching for a part, looking around, moving around random junk, waiting for those pesky drug dealers finishing their stuff and walk away, etc. etc. Then you finally find a part or bot and then decide what to do with it.
In my opinion leaving that 1AP for the search action would be appropriate.

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
Actually you'd spend those 1.2 hours searching for a part, looking around, moving around random junk, waiting for those pesky drug dealers finishing their stuff and walk away, etc. etc. Then you finally find a part or bot and then decide what to do with it.
In my opinion leaving that 1AP for the search action would be appropriate.
*shrug* Then having the option to just leave junk behind is even more important IMO; if you're going to tax me time and action points regardless I shouldn't have to waste a bunch of RL time getting rid of the crap afterward.

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
How does one increase the MC social skill, please? In my run this skill does not improve neither by training bot social nor by relaxing at the brothel...

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
How does one increase the MC social skill, please? In my run this skill does not improve neither by training bot social nor by relaxing at the brothel...
Relaxing at the brothel should work with the current version v0.2.1. Unless you're perhaps already at a level cap? (not even sure if there is one or not)

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Relaxing at the brothel should work with the current version v0.2.1. Unless you're perhaps already at a level cap? (not even sure if there is one or not)
In my experience relaxing at the brother only gives xp some of the time and it's pretty slow. Maybe not worth it unless you're playing on harder difficulty and have low level to start and you've actually got time to spare.

J_M

Oct 8, 2017
All right, gentlemen, thank you. In my experience the brothel gives sex skill not social. It is possible however that both sex and social can be acquired there but the gain to be random and I was simply unlucky. Maybe next update will make things a bit more straightforward on the matter.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Relaxing gives social XP and the private room option gives sex XP
But like I said above relaxing doesn't always give XP and it's kinda slow(at least when testing with rank C social)

Reactions: Radnor and Godogma

Sithlord86

Jan 19, 2020
I've given a try to modding this game:

This one adds several new items (including S, but they have a 1% droprate)

It adds the following models to the game:

- Alison Tyler
- Elizabeth (bioshock)
- Amarna Miller
- Annabel Redd
- Cassie (paladins)
- Charlie Red
- Ella Hughes
- Faye Reagan
- Janet Mason
- Penny Pax
- Sophia Traxler

I know it's quite some redheads now, but it will expand with more models in the future.
I can take request, but will add them at my leisure.

You can download it by clicking

exter

May 29, 2017

- Alison Tyler
- Elizabeth (bioshock)
- Amarna Miller
- Annabel Redd
- Cassie (paladins)
- Charlie Red
- Ella Hughes
- Faye Reagan
- Janet Mason
- Penny Pax
- Sophia Traxler

I know it's quite some redheads now, but it will expand with more models in the future.

You can download it by clicking here
It would be nice, if radnor could put up links to these modpack posts into the OP. That way, the modder only needs to edit their post and new people can easily find them.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
It would be nice, if radnor could put up links to these modpack posts into the OP. That way, the modder only needs to edit their post and new people can easily find them.
I've already consolidated the mods/modpacks posted so far and I believe radnor has stated he likely wont have time to keep such a list updated.
Link to my post
I suppose Radnor could post a link to my list in the OP if he still doesn't want to keep a list himself but I made mine thinking someone would eventually create a dedicated mod thread. In other words I make no promises to keep my eye on this thread for all mods that pop up but you guys are welcome to message or tag me if you want me to add to the list when new stuff comes out and I'll do it when I have time.

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018

- Alison Tyler
- Elizabeth (bioshock)
- Amarna Miller
- Annabel Redd
- Cassie (paladins)
- Charlie Red
- Ella Hughes
- Faye Reagan
- Janet Mason
- Penny Pax
- Sophia Traxler

You can download it by clicking here
Gave it a try but you seem to have the same problem somewhere in the code that i had when i first tried modding this myself.
Either there is missing {,[]}@"" , some of those somewhere or some of the "part" names could also be misspelled etc.
Otherwise pretty nice modpack.

P.S Found the error, you "misspelled" powercore zeus, i know i made the same error since there is no known list of original code names for parts as far as i know but anyway the zeus powercore actual code is "zeux5". hope that helps and keep those mods coming :p

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes