4.60 star(s) 45 Votes
Sep 17, 2017
Found what could technically be classified as an unintended exploit - not really noticeable in vanilla, but it's very visible with mods that add higher tier parts/bots in. If you work in your shop until someone shows up asking you to fix their broken bot, they only care that the final condition of the bot is "working" or "100%". Where this can be exploited is when a higher tier bot comes in, you can fix everything up and swap out the higher tier parts for E-tier/Plastic parts across the board, and the client will pay you a bonus on top of suddenly having an influx of shiny new expensive parts you can reuse or resell yourself.

Not quite sure what would be the best way to fix this without making the mini quest harder to complete. Maybe having the initial quest check for a "value" based on the total part tiers on the initial bot, and allow a little padding room for part replacement (maybe 2-4 total item tiers lower than what was dropped off) before the client gets upset and you take a rep hit for ripping them off? Otherwise a client can drop off an A-S tier bot, you can strip all the parts in exchange for E-F, and get paid 3k on top of suddenly having several tens of thousands worth of new parts for minimal effort.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Found what could technically be classified as an unintended exploit - not really noticeable in vanilla, but it's very visible with
You could have a check for what parts are on the bot when recieved vs delivered.
If you only replace destroyed/irreparable parts you're fine. But if you strip it of high rank working parts regardless of condition and replace them with lower rank you might lose reputation and/or lose out on the payment if you're discovered. Would kinda depend on what parts you scam them for.
For example replacing a high rank vocoder, eyes or skin with a lower tier would be fairly obvious and have a high risk of negative consequences whereas arms, legs, cpu, powercore would only really be found out if one diagnoses the bot or you are VERY perceptive since those parts presumably won't make a visual difference unless the skin layer doesn't include arms and legs.

Reactions: Godogma

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
For example replacing a high rank vocoder, eyes or skin with a lower tier would be fairly obvious and have a high risk of negative consequences whereas arms, legs, cpu, powercore would only really be found out if one diagnoses the bot or you are VERY perceptive since those parts presumably won't make a visual difference unless the skin layer doesn't include arms and legs.
The probability of getting found out would still be high, even if it wouldn't be instantaneous. Next time their bot trains of fight, the owner would discover the bot isn't functioning normally, and that the parts were changed, and your rep would be lowered then.
So for game purpose, it would be fine for the rep to be lowered from the start when you deliver the bot. For those "hidden" parts though, the price the owner pays shouldn't be lowered (since he will only discover the scam later on).

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
So for game purpose, it would be fine for the rep to be lowered from the start when you deliver the bot. For those "hidden" parts though, the price the owner pays shouldn't be lowered (since he will only discover the scam later on).
Seems like a good solution. Only thing that needs to be considered is the original point of getting easy access to very good parts. Either reputation needs to have considerable effect on your business and economy or there has to be some other possible consequence of pulling a scam like that depending on the severity. Replacing a D part with an F wouldn't really be too consequential but replacing all A-S rank parts from an S tier bot could possibly get you a lawsuit, fines or if combat is implemented there could be hostilities that come from it.
Just something to prevent it being the clear win-win choice at least.

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
Is there a full list of default traits? I am doing a Jessica Robin bot. Who clearly was sex smart

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Is there a full list of default traits? I am doing a Jessica Robin bot. Who clearly was sex smart
It's still early. There's only tech_smart_inherent and sex_smart_inherent atm as far as I know.
If you need any part IDs or looking for technical details look at my post here.
You should be able to find most of what you need in the games own JSONs I've attached.

Reactions: Radnor

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
It's still early. There's only tech_smart_inherent and sex_smart_inherent atm as far as I know.
If you need any part IDs or looking for technical details look at my post here.
You should be able to find most of what you need in the games own JSONs I've attached.
Do I really have to have all of my video and stills in the same resolution? Any free apps for bulk doing this?

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Do I really have to have all of my video and stills in the same resolution? Any free apps for bulk doing this?
I dont think so, the preview image needs to be the same resolution as the video its previewing tho. In my mod I've got 1080p and 720p video and it works no problem

Reactions: Radnor

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I did some quick testing. Removed all but 1 scene and changed the resolution of the preview several times. Restarting the game in between. Changing between the default 1280x720, 1920x1080, 640x360, 853x480 didn't change anything in game for me.
Then I tried to change it to 720x720 and it still made no difference. Then I removed the preview and still it was the same. Might not affect existing saves.

Then I started new games every time with the following results:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
In conclusion it doesn't seem to matter as long as you get a aspect ratio close enough or I'm missing something in these tests. Testing worked without the preview but I assume it's there for a reason so skipping it is probably a bad idea.

It's possible it makes an actual difference on another platform than windows.
Radnor you got any clarification on this matter?

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
I dont think so, the preview image needs to be the same resolution as the video its previewing tho. In my mod I've got 1080p and 720p video and it works no problem
I keep getting errors there is no preview. What am I doing wrong?

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
mp4 I sort of "Procured" them from girlpacks for Venus Club and TUSC. They use the same json type system. Just way more folders
before you do that have you followed the file name convention( sex1.mp4, sex1_preview.filetype, sex2.mp4, sex2_preview.filetype, bj1.mp4 .... etc)?

Reactions: TFurguson69
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes