4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Found what could technically be classified as an unintended exploit - not really noticeable in vanilla, but it's very visible with mods that add higher tier parts/bots in. If you work in your shop until someone shows up asking you to fix their broken bot, they only care that the final condition of the bot is "working" or "100%". Where this can be exploited is when a higher tier bot comes in, you can fix everything up and swap out the higher tier parts for E-tier/Plastic parts across the board, and the client will pay you a bonus on top of suddenly having an influx of shiny new expensive parts you can reuse or resell yourself.

Not quite sure what would be the best way to fix this without making the mini quest harder to complete. Maybe having the initial quest check for a "value" based on the total part tiers on the initial bot, and allow a little padding room for part replacement (maybe 2-4 total item tiers lower than what was dropped off) before the client gets upset and you take a rep hit for ripping them off? Otherwise a client can drop off an A-S tier bot, you can strip all the parts in exchange for E-F, and get paid 3k on top of suddenly having several tens of thousands worth of new parts for minimal effort.
This specific case is an intended exploit :D
For this specific tasks only "cheap" bots are generated (and only cheap parts are expected). Client likely wants to get bot working to resell it or extract information, so he just want "working" bot and don't really care about details.
So it's up to you if you want to scam some better parts or want to keep your "Honest Metzger`s Chop Shop and Warez" image :D For this specific task there will be no negative consequences whatever you do, as long as you not cancel task. Think about it as roleplay element.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Found what could technically be classified as an unintended exploit - not really noticeable in vanilla, but it's very visible with mods that add higher tier parts/bots in. If you work in your shop until someone shows up asking you to fix their broken bot, they only care that the final condition of the bot is "working" or "100%". Where this can be exploited is when a higher tier bot comes in, you can fix everything up and swap out the higher tier parts for E-tier/Plastic parts across the board, and the client will pay you a bonus on top of suddenly having an influx of shiny new expensive parts you can reuse or resell yourself.
Hey buddy, I got some bad news about your car mechanic.

• Haha
Reactions: Godogma and Radnor

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Radnor you got any clarification on this matter?
For best result you need to add _preview image for every movie you add. Preview image should be same size as movie.

As images/movies shown in text are scaled to fit certain boundaries you may get it working fine if you just keep aspect ratio, as long as both preview and movie is higher than boundaries. But it is generally bad idea to expect this all the time, as same previews/movies may be used in different places, with different boundaries.

Missing preview image or wrong size/aspect ratio may lead to broken layout. This may be more of case on slower/hdd systems where RenPy unable to load first frame right away.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I keep getting a error while I'm at the dump site.
Please clarify if you using mods or vanilla version. If vanilla then which exact version, 0.11, 0.2.1 etc.
Some mods adding new bot models may lead to this error due to some broken definitions/settings.

What format are the videos and picture files?
Movies - containers webm, mp4, (mkv, avi will added next update), specific codecs -
Audio - mp3, ogg, opus -
Images - webp, png, jpg

Generally i tend to use webm, webp and png. Usually less issues and better quality/size ratio.

Hellraisers3

Nov 8, 2017
Please clarify if you using mods or vanilla version. If vanilla then which exact version, 0.11, 0.2.1 etc.
Some mods adding new bot models may lead to this error due to some broken definitions/settings.

Movies - containers webm, mp4, (mkv, avi will added next update), specific codecs -
Audio - mp3, ogg, opus -
Images - webp, png, jpg

Generally i tend to use webm, webp and png. Usually less issues and better quality/size ratio.
I'm using all the mods in Mr_Shaky post on page 9.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I'm using all the mods in Mr_Shaky post on page 9.
Then i can't help, sorry, not testing mods myself. Please message/mention problematic mod's author.

I will think how to make mod errors catching easier and provide more debug info though, to easier pinpoint bugs.

Sep 17, 2017
This specific case is an intended exploit :D
For this specific tasks only "cheap" bots are generated (and only cheap parts are expected). Client likely wants to get bot working to resell it or extract information, so he just want "working" bot and don't really care about details.
So it's up to you if you want to scam some better parts or want to keep your "Honest Metzger`s Chop Shop and Warez" image :D For this specific task there will be no negative consequences whatever you do, as long as you not cancel task. Think about it as roleplay element.
Fair enough, though you may want to check that the code in place confirms the bot *is* cheap, as using Squib2187's mod a couple pages back generated several A-rated bots for me, with the full line of A-tier parts on board.
Hey buddy, I got some bad news about your car mechanic.
I fix my own, better double check I'm not ripping myself off. ;)

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Fair enough, though you may want to check that the code in place confirms the bot *is* cheap, as using Squib2187's mod a couple pages back generated several A-rated bots for me, with the full line of A-tier parts on board.
Well, i'm not going to mess with mods, when generating bot for this task, game asks for "cheap" bot.
If mod configured to generate luxury bots when game asks for cheap, well, it's up to mod maker and you :D

Eventually i will add more documentations to game internals for mod makers, plus people will learn themselves, and such issues will be less severe.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Well, i'm not going to mess with mods, when generating bot for this task, game asks for "cheap" bot.
If mod configured to generate luxury bots when game asks for cheap, well, it's up to mod maker and you :D

Eventually i will add more documentations to game internals for mod makers, plus people will learn themselves, and such issues will be less severe.
Yeah when generating my bod models i left

"list_target chances":{},

Blank, it is my understanding that this is where the spawn rates for specific events goes.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Yeah when generating my bod models i left

"list_target chances":{},

Blank, it is my understanding that this is where the spawn rates for specific events goes.
Yes, list_target_chances is for specific events requesting bots/parts.
list_target_tag_chances is for generic requests, like "all", "cheap" or mix of such.
Right now base vanilla content uses only tags, but game core checks everything it can.

Really need to revisit documentation some day.

Hellraisers3

Nov 8, 2017
Then i can't help, sorry, not testing mods myself. Please message/mention problematic mod's author.

I will think how to make mod errors catching easier and provide more debug info though, to easier pinpoint bugs.
Roger, once I figure out which mod it is causing the errors.

Reactions: Radnor

Hellraisers3

Nov 8, 2017
I've given a try to modding this game:

This one adds several new items (including S, but they have a 1% droprate)

It adds the following models to the game:

- Alison Tyler
- Elizabeth (bioshock)
- Amarna Miller
- Annabel Redd
- Cassie (paladins)
- Charlie Red
- Ella Hughes
- Faye Reagan
- Janet Mason
- Penny Pax
- Sophia Traxler

I know it's quite some redheads now, but it will expand with more models in the future.
I can take request, but will add them at my leisure.

You can download it by clicking here
After doing some testing for 15 minutes I found out it is your mod causing my game to throw errors. It also made the level up stuff not appear as well.

Last edited:

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
Yes, list_target_chances is for specific events requesting bots/parts.
list_target_tag_chances is for generic requests, like "all", "cheap" or mix of such.
Right now base vanilla content uses only tags, but game core checks everything it can.

Really need to revisit documentation some day.
Probably a good Idea, as more features are added there will be more tags to be called increasing the complexity. So probably best to do it sooner when the amount of information to be documented isnt as much and can be added to as its developed than to wait and have it be a mountain of work that gets dumped on you all at once.

Reactions: Hellraisers3

DragonFox

Apr 13, 2018
After doing some testing for 15 minutes I found out it is your mod causing my game to throw errors. It also made the level up stuff not appear as well.
are you useing the mod from Sithlord86 `???
if yes. did you check if the powercore have been fixed?
if not the zeus powercore actual code is "zeux5"

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
Never mind my earlier post. I found the issue and solved it. It is taken care of in my next update.
Thanks for pointing it out.
There is a few more errors or mistakes in your mod, if i may, some of the skins are titled eyes and designated to eye slot also you did not designate xp multiplier to any of the CPU's ( "xp_mult": 1.0, ) so i had to do some code correcting and some balancing myself but otherwise really enjoyed the mod. Thx :D

Sithlord86

Jan 19, 2020
There is a few more errors or mistakes in your mod, if i may, some of the skins are titled eyes and designated to eye slot also you did not designate xp multiplier to any of the CPU's ( "xp_mult": 1.0, ) so i had to do some code correcting and some balancing myself but otherwise really enjoyed the mod. Thx :D
I'm not a seasoned modder myself. I've dabbled here and there, but every kind of game has some slight differences. The wall of text and copy paste made some errors more prevalent and have me gloss them over.

I'm wondering where to exactly put the exp. multiplier ( "xp_mult": 1.0, ) since it isn't in the modding guide.

But this is feedback I can learn from and is easy to fix. I'll set up the changes. For any of you: If you find more, please tell. I'm learning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Godogma

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
I'm not a seasoned modder myself. I've dabbled here and there, but every kind of game has some slight differences. The wall of text and copy paste made some errors more prevalent and have me gloss them over.

I'm wondering where to exactly put the exp. multiplier ( "xp_mult": 1.0, ) since it isn't in the modding guide.

But this is feedback I can learn from and is easy to fix. I'll set up the changes. For any of you: If you find more, please tell. I'm learning.
Yea not a big time modder myself either so it has been a learning experience for me too so i hope i didn't come across rude or anything like that. Anyway this is how the xp multiplier is shown in the modding.txt file

"rate": "D",
"price_mult": 1.0,

thx again for the mods and have a good day. :D

Sithlord86

Jan 19, 2020
Code:
Yea not a big time modder myself either so it has been a learning experience for me too so i hope i didn't come across rude or anything like that. Anyway this is how the xp multiplier is shown in the modding.txt file

"price_mult": 1.0,

thx again for the mods and have a good day. :D
No, not rude at all. just helpful. I've taken your tips and improved them, just can't find what's exactly wrong with the CPU's. I'm just not seeing it.

However, the corrected JSON is included below:

I've been running it without problems for now, but if you see an error, do tell and I'll fix it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
No, not rude at all. just helpful. I've taken your tips and improved them, just can't find what's exactly wrong with the CPU's. I'm just not seeing it.

However, the corrected JSON is included below:

I've been running it without problems for now, but if you see an error, do tell and I'll fix it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
ah sorry pasted the wrong line, here:

"xp_mult": 1.0,

i think cpus should have the xp mult line there to tell the game what xp rates the cpu grants to the bot, you know better rate cpu should probably give faster xp.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes