4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

j5LDC2TB

Sep 5, 2016
Is the JKB-12 bot still part of the game? I've got the other bots/parts, paidc off debt, but no sign of it anywhere.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
There is a few more errors or mistakes in your mod, if i may, some of the skins are titled eyes and designated to eye slot also you did not designate xp multiplier to any of the CPU's ( "xp_mult": 1.0, ) so i had to do some code correcting and some balancing myself but otherwise really enjoyed the mod. Thx :D
xp_mult and most of other entries have sane defaults, so if you don't provide one with mod default value will be used.
For CPU default xp_mult is 1.0, or "don't modify xp".
Code:
    name="bot part"
    description="- bot part description -"

rate="F"
    category_price_mult=1.0
    price_mult=1.0

slot=None

damage_mult=1.0
    possible_defects=[] ## (defect_id or None,weight)

repair_skills=[("mechanics",100)]
    difficulty=1.0

list_target_chances={}
    list_target_tag_chances={}

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Were experimenting with MC personality, got different ideas, but would like to hear your opinions/idea too. Already had good stuff suggested before.

I plan to somewhat split MC personality system into two:
1) base personality, this can be done as separate skills or always present set of traits, in 4-8 range, likely up to 6
For example:
dominating <-> submissive, may affect combat trainings and (semi-)hostile events
sadistic <-> caring, may affect how you treat your bots during training, events, npc interactions
sexaholic <-> asexual, may affect mood changes when being involved (or not for too long) in sex
2) extra quirks/traits, this will be done as extra traits, acquired during game, number is more or less unlimited
For example:
foot fetish, will add some flavor content to trainings/events
cryptomaniac, will make hacking/stealing information over net or from bots easier, some extra choices
programmer, will make creating/updating your software easier

Base personality you will be able to freely tune during character creation/intro.
Traits will be semi-randomly gained during game, usually related to activity done.
Likely will add some sort of net-guru/meditation interaction where you will be able to reduce/increase traits levels.

These are just general ideas i currently toying with. Would like to hear your ideas, if you interested :D
Especially considering once in place this thing is not very likely to change.

Radnor any plans on what's going to be in the next update?
Personality systems, both MC and bots. Maybe, if i have time, will add stubs for parts special effects and net console.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
I've given a try to modding this game:

This one adds several new items (including S, but they have a 1% droprate)

It adds the following models to the game:

- Alison Tyler
- Elizabeth (bioshock)
- Amarna Miller
- Annabel Redd
- Cassie (paladins)
- Charlie Red
- Ella Hughes
- Faye Reagan
- Janet Mason
- Penny Pax
- Sophia Traxler

I know it's quite some redheads now, but it will expand with more models in the future.
I can take request, but will add them at my leisure.

You can download it by clicking here
Never apologize for more redheads. Ok, you can..... by adding more redheads

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Thanks for responding, I used the one in the opening post, is that the vanilla version?
Yes, OP links are for vanilla version. There is "Mods" link to post at 9 page i think, these are not tested by me and i can't provide any support for it.

Reactions: j5LDC2TB

HNH1985

Nov 28, 2021
Were experimenting with MC personality, got different ideas, but would like to hear your opinions/idea too. Already had good stuff suggested before.

1) base personality, this can be done as separate skills or always present set of traits, in 4-8 range, likely up to 6
For example:
dominating <-> submissive, may affect combat trainings and (semi-)hostile events
sadistic <-> caring, may affect how you treat your bots during training, events, npc interactions
sexaholic <-> asexual, may affect mood changes when being involved (or not for too long) in sex
2) extra quirks/traits, this will be done as extra traits, acquired during game, number is more or less unlimited
For example:
cryptomaniac, will make hacking/stealing information over net or from bots easier, some extra choices

Base personality you will be able to freely tune during character creation/intro.
Traits will be semi-randomly gained during game, usually related to activity done.
Likely will add some sort of net-guru/meditation interaction where you will be able to reduce/increase traits levels.

These are just general ideas i currently toying with. Would like to hear your ideas, if you interested :D

Personality systems, both MC and bots. Maybe, if i have time, will add stubs for parts special effects and net console.
Th

For example:
For example:

Thank you for hard working
Considering your plan about next update I see
old save won't be compatible with next update version?

Reactions: Radnor

Godogma

Aug 16, 2017
Radnor perhaps as you're adding to the personality system for the next release anyway we could have some more actions that generate social experience? Buying a round for the bar for example or playing pool?

A small fee (for pool) or larger one (buying rounds at the bar) for a guaranteed chance to gain Social experience would be nice; right now generating Social experience at the bar can be rather painful. I've had trips where I spent an entire evening cycle and night cycle just increasing mood with no social experience at all at the end of the night.

If you were feeling enthusiastic about the idea a gambling mechanic for generating cash at pool or a poker table for generating social experience and maybe cash might be interesting as well.

Not sure how hard either of those ideas would be to implement though.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
If you were feeling enthusiastic about the idea a gambling mechanic for generating cash at pool or a poker table for generating social experience and maybe cash might be interesting as well.
Next up: skill levels for poker and pool. At level S we turn into swindlers and make big money xD

Reactions: Godogma

Riftmad

Jan 16, 2018
Would it be difficult to add a scavenging focus option that mods could use?
Especially the mods with a bunch of bots that dilute the pool.

Basically you could "scavenge for <botID>" and have a slightly higher chance of finding it, while blocking all other bot types from being found.
Might not be balanced that way though, maybe just boost the chance of that particular bot being found.

I had installed a mod that added about 10 or so bots, and found myself repeatedly disassembling bots that I didn't want because they had filled the pods I wanted for the particular ones I was seeking.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
I'm fine with no save compatibility, there isn't exactly a lot of progress to be lost.

As for the personality system, maybe a set and forget approach?

For example you set the MC's Stance in the MC status screen with regard to how he approaches training. (with some of the options greyed out depending on the MCs personality as defined in the opening.

The choices could look something like this:

Social
Demanding------------------------------------Balanced------------------------------------------Collaborative

Depending on which you tick you train your bots socially to either be;

robotic and highly obedient ("affirmative, complying"), or

More human but still obedient ("yes master"), or

Most human but least seemingly obedient ("Okay sure I've got time")

The bots themselves would have a slider which changes depenmding on what kind of training they received.

Not sure if anything I just wrote makes sense.

• Thinking Face

Hellraisers3

Nov 8, 2017

For example:
For example:

I like the idea of personalities, the ones listed however don't really interest me as they are.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes