Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
d6lydia101.png
Defending Lydia Collier v.053 "Lydia Update" to be released this week
Hey guys,
Just a quick update on the final part of the v.05 update.
It will be released to Patron's by the week's end, and like the Vanessa update will be over 100 renders long exclusively with Lydia.
The next update will then as promised be a Shadows over Manston update
Thanks for all the continued support.
WP

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Hello!

Defending Lydia Collier v.05.31 is now complete and can be downloaded here:

- -

Change Log:

v.05.3

Completes the v.05.3 update adding in the Lydia evening with 135 new renders.

v.05.31

Fixes the errors with 3 characters side images being incorrect

As mentioned in v.05.2, any save from before that requires a game restart due to the added ability in that name to rename Vanessa/DCI Cavendish if you choose to romance her. If you have the "dci_name" error, this is the change that requires a restart. Whilst I understand this is frustrating, it will not be a frequent thing and is required in this instance, you can press tab to skip any text you have already seen.

Hope you enjoy the update and let me know if there are any problems that need fixing with it.
The next update is going to be a Shadows over Manston one and I'm starting work on that now.

Thanks for all the continued support.

White Phantom

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
This new update is full of errors, almost after every click i got errors and i restated the game.
And some characters have the same face in the text box.

The Errors only occours when that face appears if i try to hide the text box or try to go to the saves troygh the mouse right button.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geowraith and EZ8lt

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Defending Lydia Collier v0.5.3.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 30.05.2020 (side image fix)

Last edited:

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
That update is a complete mess, just error after error.

Had to start a new game.

Loading a save during the first date with her just resulted in an error every click.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: ImperialD

Anus Mundi

Nov 27, 2018
To avoid the mentioned errors you can either start the game from the beginning or ...

... load your save
... open the console
... type: dci_name = u'DCI Cavendish'
... problem solved.

It doesn't solve the problem with the waitress (Imogen) showing a picture of some Yanna chick, tho.

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Bug Report!

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2935, in script
    Y "Is everything okay?"
  File "renpy/common/00sideimage.rpy", line 73, in _side_per_interact
    elif isinstance(old, Null) or isinstance(new, Null) or new.name[1] != old.name[1]:
IndexError: tuple index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2935, in script
    Y "Is everything okay?"
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2695, in interact
    i()
    elif isinstance(old, Null) or isinstance(new, Null) or new.name[1] != old.name[1]:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Defending Lydia Collier v0.5.3
Sat May 30 09:06:40 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2944, in script
    Y "Well yes of course, she was with me on Thursday night"

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2944, in script
    Y "Well yes of course, she was with me on Thursday night"
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\character.py", line 1142, in __call__
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\character.py", line 842, in do_display
    **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\character.py", line 591, in display_say
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\jdl\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0 5 3-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.3-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2695, in interact
    i()

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat May 30 09:08:41 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2985, in script
    Y "She put on her dressing gown and went downstairs"

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2985, in script
    Y "She put on her dressing gown and went downstairs"
    **display_args)
    i()

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat May 30 09:10:00 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2991, in script
    Y "Then the door banged and she came upstairs"

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2991, in script
    Y "Then the door banged and she came upstairs"
    **display_args)
    i()

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Sat May 30 09:10:28 2020

Meushi

Aug 4, 2017
The Errors only occours when that face appears
Broken update. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
Bug Report!
These errors which call renpy/common/00sideimage.rpy appear to be because some of the character side image definitions are incorrect:
The other issue as Anus Mundi pointed out, is Vanessa's name variable dci_name isn't stored in old saves, causing them to break. The dev probably should use a default rather than define statement for dci_name (Variables and save compatibility thread).

The attached bug fix script should fix both the side load image issue and problems with Vanessa's name when loading saves. Save this .rpy file into the "game" folder to use it.

Last edited:

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
The other issue as Anus Mundi pointed out, is Vanessa's name variable dci_name isn't stored in old saves, causing them to break. The dev probably should use a declare rather than define statement for dci_name (Variables and save compatibility thread).

The attached bug fix script should fix both the side load image issue and problems with Vanessa's name when loading saves. Save this .rpy file into the "game" folder to use it.
Thank you

Reactions: Meushi
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes