Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
This laptop and phons gives me nightmares, so many errors with them again. And i chose random for investigate and so on. i hope it dosent matter. Because i am not english native and reading all this shit is not this easy for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grelk

cubba

Jul 12, 2018
This laptop and phons gives me nightmares, so many errors with them again. And i chose random for investigate and so on. i hope it dosent matter. Because i am not english native and reading all this shit is not this easy for me.
I feel you. All this stuff on the phone and PC feels more like work than playing. Also scrolling back is kind of fucked up and finally I got stuck by assining team members. Feels like every update adds more bugs.
I don't feel motivated to start from the beginning or replay for antother route anymore, because... phone and PC... ugh.
I am strongly considering to wait for the finished game and then play it with the mod.

KennyEnt

Apr 21, 2020
Is it normal to lose all saved files every time I download a new version of the game ??

It happens to me on every single version of every game ..... someone who knows what the problem is??

AydenSV

Jul 18, 2021
Is it normal to lose all saved files every time I download a new version of the game ??

It happens to me on every single version of every game ..... someone who knows what the problem is??
You should have a save folder for your saves. Try typing %appdata% in file explorer you should see a folder which says "Renpy" that has all the saves for everygame you have downloaded.

Varrilete

Mar 20, 2019
I cant use the laptop after chosing a team cuz this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 79, in get_selected
return __get_field(self.object, self.field, self.kind) == self.value
File "renpy/common/00action_data.rpy", line 39, in _m1_00action_data__get_field
raise NameError("The {} {} does not exist.".format(kind, name))
NameError: The variable MenuButtonPressed does not exist.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3694, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 568, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 437, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 570, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3694, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 874, in per_interact
if self.is_selected():
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 862, in is_selected
return is_selected(self.action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 397, in is_selected
return any(is_selected(i) for i in action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 397, in <genexpr>
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 400, in is_selected
return action.get_selected()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Defending Lydia Collier v.0.11.2
Thu Aug 12 20:29:49 2021

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
When I access the laptop before choosing who to investigate, there is no profile on them or the team members. It's just the standard news, picture folders, and emails on the laptop.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
In The Pioneer on the laptop, the article where the "Foreign Secretary defends Intelligence Services" states, a few paragraphs down, that there are "hard-working women and women" in the intelligence services. I have no doubt that multiple groups of women in the services work hard, but I would guess "men and women" or "women and men" is intended here.

Last edited:
Reactions: caravaggio

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Whenever you get on the computer, you go look at the folder data, you go search the news on the pest control babe and on the surgical enhancement babe, you open both news outlets and open top stories.

Game needs to mine data out of that to continue.
You meet pest control babe, you have ta go on laptop to search her on the webs.
You meet surgical maniac babe, you have ta look her up on your computer.
You talk to Lydia and find out some more babe names, you have ta look them up on your computer.
The babes from the firms are in the news feeds, you have ta find Danielle and Eve in the news.
Yennifer is in the search the webs app, so go do the search in there.

The phone is about getting SMS from your babe - go 4 the speech bubble button from down right.
The phone is also where you get your pictured from your ex, your paralegal, Lydia sis + others.

The game pings you every time you need to go on the laptop to look at CCTV footage,
check out Dani or Eve in the news, receive E-mails from Dani or Vane with evidence,
research pest control or surgical field, work on those ...

Well i am stuck at the computer i assigned team members to investigate looked at all the stuff i could click on but i can't leave my laptop apparently i still have something to do

Help me :(
I feel you. All this stuff on the phone and PC feels more like work than playing. Also scrolling back is kind of fucked up and finally I got stuck by assining team members. Feels like every update adds more bugs.
I don't feel motivated to start from the beginning or replay for antother route anymore, because... phone and PC... ugh.
I am strongly considering to wait for the finished game and then play it with the mod.

You should have a save folder for your saves. Try typing %appdata% in file explorer you should see a folder which says "Renpy" that has all the saves for everygame you have downloaded.
I cant use the laptop after chosing a team cuz this

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ast.py", line 923, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2235, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
$ ui.interact()
File "renpy/ui.py", line 298, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3276, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3694, in interact_core
File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 437, in visit_all
self.child.visit_all(callback, seen=None)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 570, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3694, in <lambda>
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 874, in per_interact
if self.is_selected():
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 862, in is_selected
return is_selected(self.action)
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 397, in is_selected
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 397, in <genexpr>
File "renpy/display/behavior.py", line 400, in is_selected
return action.get_selected()

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Defending Lydia Collier v.0.11.2
Thu Aug 12 20:29:49 2021
When I access the laptop before choosing who to investigate, there is no profile on them or the team members. It's just the standard news, picture folders, and emails on the laptop.
another bug with the fking laptop, i never though i would hate a computer LOL :( worst thing is i cant do anything :(
Whenever we use saves, those saves have a set of variables that might not go with games newest architecture. Also, saves compatibility is linked to where the game usually stores its data. Ren”Py games use the same dyrectory structure to ensure they mine their earlier saves from your computer whenever a game is started again on same compute.
Should the new version of the game look into different save locations, saves will not be recognized,
regardless if they are still on your computer or not.

Have mods been used? Then wait for the mod to update before using that save.

Did you go 4 multiple babes at once in that save? Game might put you in one path or the other
going forward, as game changes with every iteration in which gurl gets what content based on
such and such stats.

I would advise choosing one of these main paths: Steph, Vanessa, Ellie.
and not going with all three in whatever circumstances.

Steph might bet bumped off should you warm up to Ellie too much in between Speth dates.

Warming up to Vanessa while dating Steph will bump you into Vanessa path + date.

So 4 these main babes, go all in 4 Vane or Steph or Ellie, no mingling the 3 in any way.

Last edited:
Reactions: TeamEquipe

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This is not for the profiles of members of your team (whether Ironstar, the police, or whatever), but rather the profiles of suspects you want your team to investigate (suspects as found on the thumb drive Bedivere left in the dryer).

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
So,I choose a team and then Whistle ID appear to log in and I don't have it. Can't go further....Instead to getting easier with time,the game is starting to get on my nerves with all those paperwork and bs...

Reactions: artofwar and Pinsel

twiztid

Oct 21, 2020
This Whistle thing, dost it work at all? i never was able to log in
Right before you go to visit Lydia with your old boss in the safe house use the code on the app but use 5 or above then go to messages pay 10 pounds and then go to the photo app and add her.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So,I choose a team and then Whistle ID appear to log in and I don't have it. Can't go further....Instead to getting easier with time,the game is starting to get on my nerves with all those paperwork and bs...
I've done the profiles and selected the team, now I'm stuck with whistle app asking for id
That should only happen if you ask to join the team. You're the team leader already and already have access; you're having the team do the investigations for you. Don't try to join the team; choose the other button (I can't remember how it's labeled) and continue from there. Basically:
  1. You read the thumb drive contents from Bedivere to learn about the suspects.
  2. When you are to pick your team, exit your laptop and then proceed to the suspects screen.
  3. Select 3 people to investigate and proceed. (Do not choose Join Kylie's Pub Crew! unless you happen to know the Whistle ID; I don't know that the game has this yet, although I might have missed where it is found.)
  4. Choose a single member of the team to do the investigation into the given suspect (presented one at a time).
  5. Confirm when ready; at night, you should have the chance to see the results of the investigations made.*
*At least, in theory. Right now, when I click the new icon on the laptop to see investigation results, I get a blank area (purple outline with black background) showing up, but nothing populates in it. This could be several problems, so someone with better knowledge of Ren'Py / Python (or WhitePhantom himself) would need to weigh in on the issue. Presumably, you're supposed to see each suspect and whatever the investigator could find out on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Call of Booty

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You need check her moments in office before going to meet Lydia and use code, I use xprivchloexAW9. then in car she write you in wisthle
On Ellie's laptop? I didn't realize that if you snooped on it you had to do something. I can only tell you what I personally have done, and I had no problems leaving the laptop after I finished.

I opened her Whistle app (I think it's second down on the desktop screen) and clicked on one of the girls: Samantha, Chloe, whomever. I read through each entire conversation, but since the game can't really tell if you're actually reading, just moving the scrollbar all the way to the top of the conversation (it begins on the bottom, on the right of the screen). I then moved on to the next girl and went through that conversation. After finishing all of the conversations, I was able to exit with no problem.

If you do the above and still have issues, you may want to ask someone else (possibly WhitePhantom) for help, because it sounds like a bug. Note, however, that if you're using a compressed or Android version of the game, you'll want to search this thread for the person providing that (they aren't official or made by WhitePhantom) and reach out to them to see if they might be able to help you.
MC needs to read the Whistle on Ellies computer and find out about her friends,
then Mc can add them in the moments app,
then MC can follow them and see their pictures,
then MC can find out Chloe has a nude campaign going live on Whistle.

These it is where Mc has to log the Whistle ID of Chloe and get in touch with her
through the speeck bubble as SMS.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
MC needs to read the Whistle on Ellies computer and find out about her friends,
then Mc can add them in the moments app,
then MC can follow them and see their pictures,
then MC can find out Chloe has a nude campaign going live on Whistle.

These it is where Mc has to log the Whistle ID of Chloe and get in touch with her
through the speeck bubble as SMS.
Correct. However, you don't have to do anything on Ellie's laptop just to exit out of it and move along. You only do what you're mentioning if you want to get the Chloe content and learn more about Ellie's private life and interactions with friends.

Pinsel

Dec 25, 2019
Right before you go to visit Lydia with your old boss in the safe house use the code on the app but use 5 or above then go to messages pay 10 pounds and then go to the photo app and add her.
Okey maybe i will replay this at one point. But right now this whole game get too complicated. I was able to continue at the end without using wistle or the phone or laptop. usualy i klick on it and exit right away and continue with the story, pick random investigates and so on. And how is Chloe? :D

Reactions: Call of Booty
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes