LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
None of the windows links currently work for me - all sale the file doesn't exist.
Transfer, MEGA, and GOFILE links are all BROKEN.

UPLOADHAVEN, Mix Drop, and Anon Files all work.

But who wants to download from these crappy sites? I sure as heck don't, it's 5 frickin gigs and these dumb sites keep crapping out on me.

Xorgroth

Modder
Oct 12, 2017
Waiting on the Android port, but looks good. Like playing this one while in bed but who knows if I can wait. Might just do the pc version.

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Bimbo Steph path update should have already been out but it got delayed:
White Phantom said:
It's another thing that is slowing me down. I think it is completely unfair on people who pay for me to sit around knowing it is available, so I have to (twice today I've had to stop working on Bimbo Steph to do it) write up and send a dozen different DMCA requests out. Then they refresh the links, and I have to do it again. All because 1 person decides "hey I'm going to give this game I didn't work on and have no right to share away for free". I get it can be a lot for some people, however I release the game for free after a period so it is not like you "have to pay to play", you just need to wait a couple of weeks? If everybody pirated there would be no Defending Lydia Collier, this is my job.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
I must say I was kind of sceptical on this whole anti-piracy endeavor by WP, turns out I was horribly wrong, the guy was losing mad money because of piracy, as his current income spike tells us.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: supermanz95

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I must say I was kind of sceptical on this whole anti-piracy endeavor by WP, turns out I was horribly wrong, the guy was losing mad money because of piracy, as his current income spike tells us.
So he initiated a DMCA takedown with the file hosting sites? Usually those things take time. Interesting. I was about 2/3 of the way through the d/l when it went offline. First time I've seen this happen.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Bimbo Steph path update should have already been out but it got delayed:
Not wise to waste time and effort dmca'ing pirate links when the update is already being shared p2p and everywhere else.
Just accept that piracy exists because your game is good and move on.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: supermanz95

sunaboz

Donor
Jun 25, 2018
Not wise to waste time and effort dmca'ing pirate links when the update is already being shared p2p and everywhere else.
Just accept that piracy exists because your game is good and move on.
It is wise if you want to earn more money and the huge spike in the number of subscribers/patrons shows it. Since many people can't wait they either beg for someone to upload it or they become patrons themselves.

And the dev does have a point that the game is available for free so all this whining that patrons don't share the links is pathetic and silly (especially since we all know that it will be leaked much sooner than that).

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
It is wise if you want to earn more money and the huge spike in the number of subscribers/patrons shows it. Since many people can't wait they either beg for someone to upload it or they become patrons themselves.

And the dev does have a point that the game is available for free so all this whining that patrons don't share the links is pathetic and silly (especially since we all know that it will be leaked much sooner than that).
I get his point and of course he deserves recognition and patrons. My point is you can't stop piracy once the game has been shared. Yes, you can take down some links but there will be new ones the same day.

CCrusader

Nov 29, 2020
Most people don't understand that this site is a free advertisement. No game would be as big as it is now if it wasn't on this site. No game. Most people like myself, play a game that has good reviews and if we like it we go and support the dev. To say that this site "hurts" this game or any game is just stupid and not true. Most devs wouldn't even be making close to what they make now if their game wasn't on this site because how the fuck would anyone know they are making a game or if it's good?. I get it, devs spend thousands of dollars on their games and I and a ton of other people respect that, that's why if we like a game we go and support it. So by sending DMCA requests out, you are practically showing the middle finger to all the people that positively rated your game on this site which by itself made other people try the game and ended up supporting you. It just doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 146 Votes