SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
and that speaks volumes about those players...and people in general nowadays.
If it brings in more players which in turn more money, why not, they are just text on the screen.

I've never cared about them, but I've come across so many people on this site alone who want them. It's a no-brainer for devs to spend some time on that, for sure.
Yeah, especially even the non-adult side, with "achievement hunters".

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
It takes less time than adding scenes to a gallery.

Many on Steam do want the achievements, a lot of AVN games that didn't have them, went back and now added them because it was a highly requested feature.
Yeah there are even games on Steam whose only purposes (or benefits) are achievement providers. I wonder why, I don't understand the appeal. I might be too old for that shit.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yeah there are even games on Steam whose only purposes (or benefits) are achievement providers. I wonder why, I don't understand the appeal. I might be too old for that shit.
With Microsoft/XBOX not sure about the others, earning achievements will in turn earn you points which you can cash in for well, real cash, or gift cards, or in store credit.

Reactions: m1st3r1

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
If it brings in more players which in turn more money, why not, they are just text on the screen.
im getting the economics behind it, was just too lazy to put in bold parts from your post i was referring to.
and as usual more work is needed now to better explain that statement :BootyTime:

i was talking about people and what they consider as "important" - an achievement in avn, really:LUL:
though those "people" are mostly kids, nowadays business and trend-setters are still amusing...

*walking back into the shadows...waiting for russians or disease-x pandemic to reset the world back to basics...*

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Achievements are something I like, but when they affect the gameplay, like finishing a game without taking damage (the typical no-hit run), but in a visual novel :unsure:, I think they'll be unlocked automatically because it's just a click to advance the text.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
Achievements are something I like, but when they affect the gameplay, like finishing a game without taking damage (the typical no-hit run), but in a visual novel :unsure:, I think they'll be unlocked automatically because it's just a click to advance the text.
If it is a cinectic novel, you ar right, but if the game has several paths and even some gaming mechanics (how to banlance your behavior in order to reach a goal), it could be a little quest to reach them.

But to be honest, they are not much more (even likely less) than a gallery. I prefer a gallery as it also gives you hints about what you did not discover yet.
Thinking about archievments, I even thing they might be strange with adult visual novels. "Other players see your new badge: "You have reached the gay/torturing/incest ending!" :D .

Reactions: PickerLewd

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Thinking about archievments, I even thing they might be strange with adult visual novels. "Other players see your new badge: "You have reached the gay/torturing/incest ending!" :D .
On Steam you can hide it so that only your friends or no one can see it, as well as your list of purchased games.
In my case, I don't care what they think, so I leave everything on :LUL:.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Besides a sense of accomplishment with achievements, I can track down what routes or scenes I've already unlocked or haven't yet.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Are there consequences for being both on Vanessa's path and Ellie's path?
They'll eventually clash if I'm not mistaken. If you lean more to Ellie, you'll have to break up with Vanessa. Other way around, I think it's fine.

Since MC has to travel to another island on Vanessa route, cheating on her with other main chicks doesn't feel as satisfying since you're cut off from them.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
The latest Steam version is now up and the walkthrough has been updated as well.

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
why doesnt this get updated like other games?its been 2 days/
Well $5 patrons get it 8 days after release so there is probably a better chance then. I don't think this update is very big though from what I've seen, which is a shame. Was definitely hoping for more normal Steph in particular.

ZenIro8

Oct 4, 2023
Well $5 patrons get it 8 days after release so there is probably a better chance then. I don't think this update is very big though from what I've seen, which is a shame. Was definitely hoping for more normal Steph in particular.
now i get it thanks man

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
I was actually hoping for some more normal Steph too. That's my favorite path and hasn't been much for a while now. I haven't seen much love for normal Steph, so I thought there wasn't many fans and wouldn't be high priority. Fingers crossed we'll both be happy.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Justaphase

Justaphase

May 1, 2024
I was actually hoping for some more normal Steph too. That's my favorite path and hasn't been much for a while now. I haven't seen much love for normal Steph, so I thought there wasn't many fans and wouldn't be high priority. Fingers crossed we'll both be happy.
Yeah Steph is awesome and somewhere in my top 10 for sure. I don't really like corrupting her or turning her into a bimbo, which is strange I guess as that kink is such a big part of DLC.
It's obvious how head over heels she has fallen for the MC and seeing her reaction to getting the hard drive from Marissa is a highlight for me. There is so much more content on the bimbo path that it feels unfair. She gives the MC the option of getting her pregnant on the bimbo path which is cruel as it's a kink of mine, wish it was in the normal Steph path also.
I see that the dev has given the "no toy or bondage" option with the latest release so maybe I will enjoy it more than I did.

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes