BlindXero

Dec 26, 2017
It's a date sim style game, no game like that lets you have multiple routes and have it end well.

That's silly.
I think he's used to playing sandbox games where you can get all scenes in a single play-through by increasing a characters stats, but the way he said it kinda comes off weird as though he's complaining that there are different story options that make a different play-through feel like a different game. I asked myself at one point if this dude was seriously complaining that all games aren't just the same thing...isn't the point of playing new and different games to having something new and different happen than the last game you played? If a game is expansive enough that a play-through can yield a totally different experience then isn't that better?

Also...did anyone tell him about the skip feature? Tab is our friend.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I think he's used to playing sandbox games where you can get all scenes in a single play-through by increasing a characters stats, but the way he said it kinda comes off weird as though he's complaining that there are different story options that make a different play-through feel like a different game. I asked myself at one point if this dude was seriously complaining that all games aren't just the same thing...isn't the point of playing new and different games to having something new and different happen than the last game you played? If a game is expansive enough that a play-through can yield a totally different experience then isn't that better?

Also...did anyone tell him about the skip feature? Tab is our friend.
Honestly this is absolutely just a ME problem.

I'm not complaining that all games arnt the same, i'm just spoiled by harem games/sandbox games where I can see all/most content on a single play through or a best possible path to see all the girls.

Sure skip is a thing but thats not really the issue for me. In VN's I make a safe file any time im presented with a choice. I make a new save for the next choice and so on and so forth making save path for my playthrough. When the game then spiderwebs each choice out to many different paths and with renply's limit of 2 save rows per page, its hard to keep track of which save path was the steph, vanessa, lydia, ect path's.

Just too many variables to keep track of and no "one true path" which is fine, like other's have said, the format is designed so you only have 1 girl your interested in and then replay to find out how it would of gone had you choose one of the others.

Its just for me, having to replay each path, with each update, and trying to figure out "where's the steph saves, wait did i look at the secretary's insta photos on this playthough? Did I choose her friend at the club or her?" ect ect is exhausting keeping it all straight. It becomes more tedius then fun for me.

I'm sure i'll enjoy the game when its finished and I can commit a few hours to each path all the way through so this isnt a problem but right now its just too much of a mess to untangle each update.

kut52

Aug 15, 2018
Good game, solid renders and overall quality content - that lawyer though, yikes - some of this just hurts me physically.

Deadshot101

Nov 8, 2018
here is my unofficial android port of Defending Lydia Collier v0.5.2.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 07.05.2020
Plz Add link to mega

Yuuji97

Apr 9, 2018
Good game , just wondering , will ellie become like the girl in the cover page? I prefer her with her black hair tbh

vultron

May 19, 2018
True of the vast majority of clients and lawyers. Not to mention cops and judges. People in general. So, at least in that aspect, we can consider this story realistic. :unsure: :rolleyes::LOL:
Sure people are dumb but lawyers don't usually just sit there saying nothing while the cops goad emotional and potentially incriminating responses out of their client. lol

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
getting this error if i chose to call vanessa...
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6545, in script
    DCI "Go to go"
NameError: name 'dci_name' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 6545, in script
    DCI "Go to go"
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\DefendingLydiaCollier-v052-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.2-win\renpy\ast.py", line 708, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\DefendingLydiaCollier-v052-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.2-win\renpy\exports.py", line 1345, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\DefendingLydiaCollier-v052-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.2-win\renpy\character.py", line 1115, in __call__
    who = renpy.python.py_eval(who)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\DefendingLydiaCollier-v052-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.2-win\renpy\python.py", line 2059, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Misha\Games\MOE\DefendingLydiaCollier-v052-win\DefendingLydiaCollier-v0.5.2-win\renpy\python.py", line 2052, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "<none>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'dci_name' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Defending Lydia Collier v0.5.2
Fri May 08 17:56:06 2020
i just kept ignoring till it asks me how to refer to her going forward.. picked vanessa and seems like no more issues

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
My walkthrough is completely avoid Steph, give the ex hope, seduce Vanessa and Ellie, knock up Ellie friend, date Vanessa > console hack UhOh = False so you don't fail. :WeSmart:

• Haha
Reactions: DA22

Deniz31

Jul 25, 2017
v.05.25 made public on developer's website.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Defending Lydia Collier v0.5.25.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage, because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).

Geowraith

Jan 28, 2020
I experienced quite a few "tuple index errors" in 5.25 that might have been related to the new side images. Had no such errors in 5.2... using Android.

Reactions: EZ8lt
4.60 star(s) 143 Votes