WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Seriously though, the voting will be skewed to DLC due to the fact that only $10+ patrons can vote. Anyone willing to pay 10+ monthly will more likely vote for the game the dev is currently working on. Why else sub? So in that sense it's very surprising despite the structural bias that SoM still has nearly 50% support. My read of that is that SoM could garner even more patrons than DLC. I think a Mr. Dots like 2 month 1 month rotation of the two games would be have the widest appeal and maximize the patron numbers. Obviously DLC-only patrons won't like the idea.

But, I'm saying this in the interest of White Phantom.
giphy.gif

UMM1..PNG

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
BEACH3 (1).jpg

Just an update about v.09.1, this is actually going to be quite a big update in terms of what is added, although it isn't going to progress the story.

Here are some of the things coming so you know what I'm working on and that will be coming and will be retrospectively added to the beginning. As I've been making this update I've decided to add a lot of new stuff, way more than planned 2 weeks ago, so it is taking longer.

The reason I'm doing this is I don't want to release an update and say "Look at these new features", and then two weeks later release another update and say "Look at these new features now" and everybody go "Huh? I just started a new game for the last update, now I've got to do ANOTHER playthrough from the beginning?" and then two weeks later do it again. I feel that would be far more frustrating than just waiting for it in one go.

Coming in v.09.1:

Social Media

Messaging

Banking App and Money
(although this is a tracker mainly for myself to get used to using for future content/games and to gain some experience, no money grind or anything like that will be added to this game.)

Phone Photo Gallery (for any images you may be sent.)

Replacing menus in the earlier days (no more "Click to see fullscreen or skip" in scenes such as the interview.)

Revamped News Websites (again, no more "Click to see this", they'll be interactive.)

Improved Interview Scene (will now be options not to let the Detectives lay into Lydia so hard and to intervene.)

Apartment Laptop (will be able in some situations to use the apartment laptop to re-read news articles, view CCTV and evidence, and to look up characters and their backstories.)

Bug and Grammar Fixes

Small amount of new renders
(these will primarily be small fixes on earlier days, along with lots of new images into the social media app)

So overall v.09.1 is going to be a very technical and world-building update. I know for some people me taking the time to work on this is going to be disappointing as you may just want more fap material, but I like my games to have stories and I feel some of these scenes if you choose to go through them will add a lot of character depth.

Thanks for all the continued support, and whilst I don't really do "technical updates" and the game has played the exact same from The Manifest v.01 to Defending Lydia Collier v.09, I think this is going to make everything a lot more interactive and will be a big improvement!

WP

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Just getting into this and have a question. I am guessing since the harem tag isn't there, one love interest is going to have to be chosen. So my question is, should I be focused on one LI from the beginning? Or explore around until a choice is presented? Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.

erkper

May 16, 2018
Just getting into this and have a question. I am guessing since the harem tag isn't there, one love interest is going to have to be chosen. So my question is, should I be focused on one LI from the beginning? Or explore around until a choice is presented? Any helpful thoughts would be appreciated.
Trying to play the field will very quickly turn ugly in this one. None of the LIs are bad choices, though (except going back to your crazy ex - but maybe that's just my personal preference, idk) so I know a lot of players keep multiple saves running, one for each LI they choose to pursue. Much safer that way. One final bit of advice - no matter what LI you decide to pursue, NEVER put your dick in that disease-ridden skank Ellie is friends with, no matter how hot she might seem...

Reactions: Dyhart

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Trying to play the field will very quickly turn ugly in this one. None of the LIs are bad choices, though (except going back to your crazy ex - but maybe that's just my personal preference, idk) so I know a lot of players keep multiple saves running, one for each LI they choose to pursue. Much safer that way. One final bit of advice - no matter what LI you decide to pursue, NEVER put your dick in that disease-ridden skank Ellie is friends with, no matter how hot she might seem...
Thanks for the info... I was thinking that. So pick one and go with them is the way. Guess we'll see how things go from here. So hard to choose. And I wasn't even thinking of the friend lol.

Sep 27, 2017
Ellie is sweet and innocent. Vanilla (so far)
Steph is very kinky. Sub.
Lydia - not much thus far. Plain sex
Vanessa - Same as Lydia.
Crazy ex - Plain sex and trouble.

Pick your poison :)

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Ellie is sweet and innocent. Vanilla (so far)
Steph is very kinky. Sub.
Lydia - not much thus far. Plain sex
Vanessa - Same as Lydia.
Crazy ex - Plain sex and trouble.

Pick your poison :)
Yeah, going with Ellie's route first. She reminds me a bit of Haley from Haley's Story. So I am definitely going to go the slow burn as far as lewd scenes go sure, but she interested me the most to start. I think I'd like to try the Steph route next and then maybe Vanessa. I'll let Lydia stick with Yennifer probably. And no to the ex and Ellie's friend probably.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
Since it sounds like we'll all need to replay the whole game, I'm happy I decided to skip the last update.
The revamps looks pretty, pretty...pretty good.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
Yeah that did not seem like a good choice but that might be since you'd have to compare her to the lovely Ellie...but I can see there are some consequences as well.

Anyway, I'm hooked. Played from start to the current version and I want more. Great VN everyone. a Must try.

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Yeah that did not seem like a good choice but that might be since you'd have to compare her to the lovely Ellie...but I can see there are some consequences as well.

Anyway, I'm hooked. Played from start to the current version and I want more. Great VN everyone. a Must try.
The problem is that she leaves the game entirely, and says she will be back in a year, yeah right. There is absolutely no incentive to sleep with her since the character disappears from the game. I can understand a high rish/reward if she stayed and joined the office, helping corrupt ellie. But she leaves anyway so fucking her is only risk no reward.

Dyhart

Jul 30, 2017
The problem is that she leaves the game entirely, and says she will be back in a year, yeah right. There is absolutely no incentive to sleep with her since the character disappears from the game. I can understand a high rish/reward if she stayed and joined the office, helping corrupt ellie. But she leaves anyway so fucking her is only risk no reward.
Oh wow...yeah something should probably have to be done about that in later versions.

erkper

May 16, 2018
More importantly, the term "disease-ridden skank" wasn't just because I dislike her personality. She will literally ruin your relationship with more than one LI if you fuck her.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
I really hope we get more time with the EX in the future, right now i don't think many people like her because of how MC react to everything about her, but if you play her path as it is now there is a scene that show that she wasn't the only one "toxic", she says she's working as a teacher at a pre/high school and the MC says something "not bad" about it and she says "no sarcastic comments?" (or something like that) implying that he used to make fun of her career. I'am kinda curious about her character and if their relationship is salvageable. Am i alone or there is more of you interested in her?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I really hope we get more time with the EX in the future, right now i don't think many people like her because of how MC react to everything about her, but if you play her path as it is now there is a scene that show that she wasn't the only one "toxic", she says she's working as a teacher at a pre/high school and the MC says something "not bad" about it and she says "no sarcastic comments?" (or something like that) implying that he used to make fun of her career. I'am kinda curious about her character and if their relationship is salvageable. Am i alone or there is more of you interested in her?
I don't think you are alone but personally the other LIs intrigue me more. My favorite is my little kinky cop tbh.

4.60 star(s) 141 Votes