Game Compressor
Donor
Mar 16, 2019
Defending Lydia Collier [v0.9.1] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 890 MB
Original Size Mac: 889 MB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 250 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 233 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Is there actually any story update? The change log mostly looks like a bunch of complication and extra clicking of things for no real story progress.
I believe the update is to a lot of the UI and such. If I remember the post on Patreon correctly. So there probably is little to no story advancement in this update. Though I haven't checked it out yet as I usually wait a few to make sure it's the public release (that's my own view only).

EDIT: Update from DEV to elaborate: https://f95zone.to/threads/defending-lydia-collier-v0-9-1-white-phantom-games.33797/post-5471122

Last edited:

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I believe the update is to a lot of the UI and such. If I remember the post on Patreon correctly. So there probably is little to no story advancement in this update. Though I haven't checked it out yet as I usually wait a few to make sure it's the public release (that's my own view only).
Ok thanks, I wont bother trying again until next update.

WhitePhantom

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
The game doesn't progress beyond the current endpoint, it was never intended to with v.09.1.

There is a fair amount of new content though, and it fixes many of the most complained about things in the game such as not interfering during the interview and being tied to a specific story route depending on what question you asked during the initial meeting with Lydia.

It's all based on expanding the world and the character's backgrounds and building a framework for me to do things like text messages etc in future updates without throwing a new feature in suddenly halfway through the game.

This update will break saves though because it adds and changes things every single day and there are thousands of lines of code edited/added in the script.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So do we need to start over? I don't mind at all, but I would like to know.

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
So do we need to start over? I don't mind at all, but I would like to know.
I am sure the DEV will say the same, but yes. The saves will be broken going forward and there is a bit of new stuff mixed in. I know once I get caught up on a few things, I will be beginning a new save.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
I am sure the DEV will say the same, but yes. The saves will be broken going forward and there is a bit of new stuff mixed in. I know once I get caught up on a few things, I will be beginning a new save.
I mean, I really don't mind as this is a great game to re enjoy.

Same happens with Shadows over Manstone. I have started that game so many times I cannot count and each time I really don't mind reading everything.

Kaed1107

Jun 10, 2017
Yes I haver played 0.9 and I know all that, but the dev is far from what the poster above is implying that he is 'milking patreons'. Two months is a pretty standard turnaround time for active devs. Heck devs of the more popular games like BADIK / CoBD have a 4-5 month turnaround time and that's with several people already working on the project.
Hi, I'm sorry but what 'CoBD' stands for?

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jan 27, 2017
here is my unofficial android port of Defending Lydia Collier v0.9.1.1.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

from now on my android ports of Ren'Py games have a 2nd, persistent save location like windows. if you uninstall an app, the save files and persistent data remain intact.
therefore the app needs the permission to access the public external storage (or a new one on Android 11 :FacePalm:), because it has to read and write outside its own external storage directories.
you have to grant the permission or the app is shut down.

have fun and please report problems (you can reach me ).
updated: 08.04.2021 (v0.9.1.1)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 141 Votes