jonL

Jul 24, 2017
So... I haven't really ever posted but I seem to be stuck in a loop where legion calls you for the second time. The scene just plays over and over again. Some quests say they can be completed like leaving moscow but the game doesn't let you. Any clues?
Mulan is lazy ass, you cant leave moscow, game is full of thouse time bugs.

Last edited:

666dom

Jul 29, 2018
so you the fucking guy have the right to judge ? funny , you are nothing but a fucking Holy Mother like a boring man who want to show off by saying these shit. if you truly do what you say , you should shut up and just watch people say their opinions, none of your fucking business, asshole.
I love people like you: they have nothing interesting to say, do nothing interesting in life, in fact they are nothing. They criticize people who are trying to do something. Even if Mulan is not the most reliable person. To criticize a free product that does not arrive quickly enough is purely stupid. And 15263 posts saying the same thing won't speed up updates

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
I love people like you: they have nothing interesting to say, do nothing interesting in life, in fact they are nothing. They criticize people who are trying to do something. Even if Mulan is not the most reliable person. To criticize a free product that does not arrive quickly enough is purely stupid. And 15263 posts saying the same thing won't speed up updates
At least new people will know how regularly autor updates his game and will make more informed choice of going to patreon and donating to a guy.

Alexia@69

Jan 10, 2018
so you the fucking guy have the right to judge ? funny , you are nothing but a fucking Holy Mother like a boring man who want to show off by saying these shit. if you truly do what you say , you should shut up and just watch people say their opinions, none of your fucking business, asshole.
Who are you to tell people what their rights are? Just because you believe people should be content with being lied to and sub-par "free" products, it doesn't mean it applies to everyone else. And in addition to that, how can you even know who paid for the game and who didn't? And how does paying for the game make the complaints about the game less valid? If Mulan wants to ignore "freeloaders" then it's their choice. You have no need to jump in their defense.

I find it sad that some people share this mentality. How can you expect things to get better if you tell people to shut up and just accept them as they are?

And again, the argument that this game is free is irrelevant. It's free because it's a smart move to have a free version, not for any benevolent reasons. Besides, to ignore (valid) feedback of any kind is purely stupid.

Hand

Jul 19, 2017
listen here
the game isn't get any update
the dev only reply with sarcasm
what else to discuss? nothing
so you all can simply shut up and let this thread die
I did not put this on watch list to listen to your whining

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
listen here
the game isn't get any update
the dev only reply with sarcasm
what else to discuss? nothing
so you all can simply shut up and let this thread die
I did not put this on watch list to listen to your whining
Aiiii..... i just want to hope......... but this chat is the epitomy of despair....... in the end, all we can do is wait....... and if nothing happens, forget...........

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
Problem is - Mulan should start posting daily progress. What was painted, how many or how much of one event was coded and so on, assuming that he is working.
Right now his strategy is saying same lie in some illogical attempt to hold patreons or to have a high ground in shitposting, and niether is working.

Reactions: Voido

Satyrsfaction

Mar 8, 2020
English is an amazing language, but only when used properly
Not everyone here has English as their mother tongue, and typing errors are also possible
(or difficulties with grammar and / or spelling) [or they're one of many victims of a horrible google-translation ].
So if you are so proficient in the English language and think it is so amazing, then help the people instead of talking about their linguistic errors.
(btw "English - Ænglisc, Anglisc, Englisc" has a lot of the German language as its root, with mixture of Celtic, Gaelic influences and also the long-used court language French etc.)

About criticizing:
Because a game is "free" it doesn't mean that I can't criticize. And of course it's allowed to talk about it and nobody has to "shut up". BUT, of course, attention should be paid to the tone of criticism and the criticism should not degenerate.
e.g. I'm waiting for an update for another game (AlienQuest EVE) for a long time and don't know why there has been no update for over a year. There will be reasons (which I do not know), but I will not call the developer lazy or just invent reasons that are not correct.

... Mulan should start posting daily progress. What was painted, how many or how much of one event was coded and so on ...
Daily is a bit too much. Maybe weekly ... or if he / they (team) have something special to say to surprise us / the community.

(Just imagine, you have to inform your mother daily about your daily routine - just because she wants to know if you are well)

Who finds spelling mistakes may keep them :)
(they are part of my secret plan to seize world domination ... muhahahaaa)

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Its now painfully obvious that his friendly attitude at the begining of his dev. career was a mask, and he is only interrested in donations, not in finishing his work and doing it good.
Yes, I am sarcastic and mean, but I am also polite, I believe that’s why you thought that I was “nice” at some point. Here, take this - One of humanity's most noteworthy traits is our ability to process information and react to it intelligently, please consider using it.

That said, I am interested in the completion of the game, that is why I’m also interested in your capitalistic donations - I need funds to hire more people and release the game more often, but I also need to release the game more often to attract more funds. It’s a circle, and life is hard.
For you see, dear JonL, the work that we’re doing is extremely complex, no one even attempts to do what we’re doing for a good reason, and we regret being born.
Since we have no clue how much time it will take - we have no release dates. So, there can't be any “delays” and I don’t understand what some of you mean by “delays”.

I write very detailed weekly posts on my patreon page, explaining everything I do, providing teasers and proof of work that we’re doing. Yes, I’ve made some mistakes, but I’m honestly trying to be better. That said, even with all of my explanations, some people think I’m going to run off and buy yachts with my endless patreon revenue, and there’s nothing I can do about their trust issues.

I genuinely only get positive comments and messages from my english-speaking patrons, the only negative feedback I receive comes from those who have no access to me, because they do not have any clue what is going on.

I do not value your opinions not because you’re “freeloaders”, but because you’re uninformed. However, you’re uninformed deliberately. Since I have no control over my game and can’t stop it from getting leaked, I’ve decided to limit the access to me. Talking to me and receiving any information about the game, is the only thing I can give people in return for their financial support.

So please stop leaking my posts, especially since people don’t want to read or believe them. Oh, and if you want me to value your opinion, try thinking “is this useful to the dev?” before you’ll post something. Because if you scroll through the last 50 or so pages of this forum you’ll see this - “New Art is shit” , “Dev is a fraud”. How is this helpful or useful to me? It just makes me depressed.

In other words, if you want to help, you can either support me financially or with constructive criticism, what you’re doing right now is useless and hurtful.

P.S:
Looking forward to chatting with you once the new version will be out, and you’ll revert to being nice (hopefully).

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
Yes, I am sarcastic and mean, but I am also polite, I believe that’s why you thought that I was “nice” at some point. Here, take this - One of humanity's most noteworthy traits is our ability to process information and react to it intelligently, please consider using it.
You are not as sarcastic as you think you are. Mostly your answers are simple "pay or shut up" just in more words.

That said, I am interested in the completion of the game, that is why I’m also interested in your capitalistic donations - I need funds to hire more people and release the game more often, but I also need to release the game more often to attract more funds. It’s a circle, and life is hard.
Thats extremely contradictive, since completion of the game will cut donations to zero. And do not call donations capitalistic, they are not made on buyer/seller basis, just people supporting You personally, not even your game.

For you see, dear JonL, the work that we’re doing is extremely complex, no one even attempts to do what we’re doing for a good reason, and we regret being born.
It may be more complex , but I seriously doubt that your team is the only one who is making game on RPGM using layers, im pretty sure japs done it a couple hundred times already.

Since we have no clue how much time it will take - we have no release dates. So, there can't be any “delays” and I don’t understand what some of you mean by “delays”.
Than why do you making promises in at least last two patreon messages about "last touches", "finishing in two days" and similar? Thats making even those massages behind paywall a defective goods, completely destroying any incentive for people to donate pay you.

I write very detailed weekly posts on my patreon page, explaining everything I do, providing teasers and proof of work that we’re doing. Yes, I’ve made some mistakes, but I’m honestly trying to be better. That said, even with all of my explanations, some people think I’m going to run off and buy yachts with my endless patreon revenue, and there’s nothing I can do about their trust issues.
They are not detailed, they consist of easy breakable promises and stories how hard you were working. Without actual additions to the game they are cool stories, since we havent seen any changes for four months.

I genuinely only get positive comments and messages from my english-speaking patrons, the only negative feedback I receive comes from those who have no access to me, because they do not have any clue what is going on.
Well, some are leaving. There were messages of people cancelling pledges due to update absence. Maybe they were not so interested in the game since they are ok with it turning into infinite development mode.

I do not value your opinions not because you’re “freeloaders”, but because you’re uninformed. However, you’re uninformed deliberately. Since I have no control over my game and can’t stop it from getting leaked, I’ve decided to limit the access to me. Talking to me and receiving any information about the game, is the only thing I can give people in return for their financial support.
So you havent said that russian tread in your discord was for russians because they are freeloaders and they should stay in their camp. You havent posted there since your first lie about releasing update on December31 and appeared there only after conversation in general tread went in same direction?

So please stop leaking my posts, especially since people don’t want to read or believe them. Oh, and if you want me to value your opinion, try thinking “is this useful to the dev?” before you’ll post something. Because if you scroll through the last 50 or so pages of this forum you’ll see this - “New Art is shit” , “Dev is a fraud”. How is this helpful or useful to me? It just makes me depressed.
I hope those who are bringing your posts here will continue, because it is the only way for potential patrons to see what kind of "content" they are paying for. And there where posts by myself that was purely centered on your game, including why I think that old art was more appropriate, and why dev should post more than cool stories about how much content he made without actually implementing this content in game.

P.S: Looking forward to chatting with you once the new version will be out, and you’ll revert to being nice (hopefully).
Well, if miracle will happen and your update will happen and be proportional to its development time, I will say that i was wrong in regard of your fraud tactics, and will promote your game in other conversations which i was occasionally doing thru 2019.

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018

In other words, if you want to help, you can either support me financially or with constructive criticism, what you’re doing right now is useless and hurtful.

P.S:
Looking forward to chatting with you once the new version will be out, and you’ll revert to being nice (hopefully).
I understand where you're coming from with limiting the access to you, but I can't help but feel it's hurting you and the game in the long run. I think ( and feel free to disagree as this is pure conjecture based on a very limited number of examples) that even if you were to delay access to your key updates by 2 weeks to a month for non paying audience, you would end up with a much better response from this site. It might not happen though, again, this is hypothetical. But I'll do a very broad comparison and compare your project to another, crushstations female agent ( I know there are obvious differences in the production of the game, but there are also some thematic similarities). Like your project, female agent has been relatively stalled for roughly a year in terms of narrative progression as the developers go through a restricting and rebuilding of the game systems and mechanics. The difference here is that communication is more open on the crushstation side of the equation, whereas yours is a lot more closed. In general, I feel more confidant about the crushstation example because I can see more. Not all, but more. Now I don't know if that's something that's going to work in your situation. A glance at your patreon, however, from the view of a freeloader ( sorry about that) shows me that while work is being done, I don't know how much is work and how much isn't. That is much more concerning. Were there a system where limited, publically available messages with a delay were implemented, I know I'd feel more confidant about the project. The source of most of this discontent is that many people view this kind of barrier, necessary though it may be, as the warning sign to a problem all too often seen before on this forum, the abandonment of games. There is a predisposition here to view a breakdown of communication, even if intentional, as the beginning of the end, which I think is a rather fatalistic view, but enough people have been burned because of dropped and abandoned projects that they are predisposed to mistrust. Now I believe that opening the announcements just a little may help in bridging that mistrust a little, enough maybe for people to stop labelling and start looking. And it might also abate the ravenous demand for your patreon only posts, if there is an official source, as well as combatting some who might wish to spread misinformation about your project. Now again. I don't know your specifics, so I can't attest as to whether this is the best option for you and your patreons; that is a conversation between you and them, and they will always be given priority. But I believe that in doing this, in opening communication just slightly, you might just gain some trust in your project from outside the patron wall, and trust that a project is not going to be abandoned anytime soon converts into patreons in my limited experience.

Again, this is all conjecture. Feel free to ignore the old ramblings of a poor pirate if you wish, but I do ask that you think on this. In the meantime, I do hope the community does try to put in perspective that whilst there is the possibility of great risk at the moment in this project, it has not been abandoned.... And that is a cause for hope.

C00kie

May 3, 2018
I Support that team on Patreon and its true.
They once started missing the monthy update schedule and ofered every one to give the next updates for free if you send them an email. They did and the next update will be HUGE like revamped and stuff.

They are not prefessional game designers but in my point of view the top 5 hgame devs i know so far.

Place one being OneOneOne

They learn... they develop... and most of you here play the game for free... so... act accordingly

- Sorry for bad english

impossibleis7

Sep 4, 2019
I need funds to hire more people and release the game more often, but I also need to release the game more often to attract more funds. It’s a circle, and life is hard.
I am glad that you realized that. I have been a patron of yours (albeit 2$) for 8-9 months now (since discovering this game). None of that (including the other couple of creators I support) would have happened if not for f95. I wouldnt even know your game existed.

Mate your explanations dont mean shit when they come at the last moment. By doing so, all you are doing is building up hype, shattering them into pieces and not expect any backlash?!!. Have the balls and the decency to grab a situation by the balls and handle it. If there is a delay, dont wait till the last second in the latest timezone to address it. Do it in the very morning or better yet do it on friday.

And your actions are the very reason we dont trust you. Just take a couple of moments to reminisce those past 8 months. What have you really done to keep my trust?

Seriously, you are taking those patrons of yours for granted. I dont know whether they are on something, but that constant positivity is unreal. But if you are looking for is, positive feedback like "Looks good", I dont know what to tell you man. That really isn't positive feedback.

If your game didnt leak and if it wasnt on f95, I wouldn't be supporting you. Your game been leaked isnt a problem, its something inevitable, and its probably the very reason, people are supporting you.

Because if you scroll through the last 50 or so pages of this forum you’ll see this - “New Art is shit” , “Dev is a fraud”. How is this helpful or useful to me? It just makes me depressed.
Mate I dont I need to tell you that your art is amazing, or that you have your work cut out for you (and I honestly believe that). I believe that and I think you know that. Art is personal preference, but your personal image is something you have to really work on.

P.S:
Dear fresh, what do you think you have been doing for the last few months? You completely dissappeared for a month or two right? Made everyone think you abandoned the game. You almost never meet a "deadline" (and don't play coy here; you keep apologizing for your own deadlines you dont meet). You let people believe that the game will be out every week, and dissapoint them at the very last second with delays. Mate that end has been near, forever. Your behaviour hasn't been just hateful, its even insulting. Everything goes bothways.

Mate, I would love nothing more than to up my donation. I think the game is amazing (honestly the best game out there; otherwise I wouldnt even bother going to this length) and I applaud you for the route you are taking with the game, but you have to learn how to handle incidents right.

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Thats extremely contradictive, since completion of the game will cut donations to zero. And do not call donations capitalistic, they are not made on buyer/seller basis, just people supporting You personally, not even your game.
- Completion of the game will result in another game starting.
- Capitalistic donations.
- Layered art in events and character, plus you forgot to mention our versatile text, normal/dumb/lustful Kiras + references to fetishes, quest completion, appearance and events. I’m pretty sure that we are the only team that does this.
- I’m not making any promises, I’m simply writing what I believe in. There are indeed few finishing touches left.
- I think that my posts are detailed, but you have a right to disagree.
- That russian thing you’re referring to has been resolved, you can go to my discord and read the full story by yourself (using google translate). But basically I just snapped and insulted some people, because they were acting even worse than you are now, and I refuse to be treated like this. That said, I’ve already apologised to them and I never called them “freeloaders”, I called them evil (I think).

Again, I’m not seeing any value in your feedback, it brings nothing new to the table and offers no solution. All you’ve said was “You’re a fraud, old art was better”, just in more words.

Dear fresh, what do you think you have been doing for the last few months? You completely dissappeared for a month or two right? Made everyone think you abandoned the game. You almost never meet a "deadline" (and don't play coy here; you keep apologizing for your own deadlines you dont meet). You let people believe that the game will be out every week, and dissapoint them at the very last second with delays. Mate that end has been near, forever. Your behaviour hasn't been just hateful, its even insulting. Everything goes bothways.

Mate, I would love nothing more than to up my donation. I think the game is amazing (honestly the best game out there; otherwise I wouldnt even bother going to this length) and I applaud you for the route you are taking with the game, but you have to learn how to handle incidents right.
See JonL? If you want to criticize me - this is how you should do it, not only Impossibleis7 is being constructive, but he talks to me like I’m a human being.

Impossibleis7, thank you and you’re right, I should learn to handle things better. So I’m going to attempt to do that here by explaining my actions, but you’ll have to read a lot of text and, you know, actually try to believe me.

First of all, I want you to know that everything I write - I believe in, I never wanted to lie or hurt anyone, all I want to do is tell stupid jokes in my game. That’s it.
The way I see it, there are two major problems right now - lack of time and my poor management, here’s what has happened over the last year or so:

In v0.4.5 we added this extremely complex layered character art that has thousands (not even hundreds) of pictures, we coded them in and put placeholders into the game - just because we don’t want to break your save files ever again.

Because we didn’t manage to include everything we wanted in 0.4.5, and the fact that it had severe “performance issues”, I felt awful and received a lot of criticism. Then I was silent for around two month, mainly because of comments like JonL is making, and how I was treated by russian community on my own discord - I was extremely depressed, felt like just dropping the game or worse, hurting myself. I’m not fishing for any empathy, just explaining my actions, it’s your call whether or not you want to believe me.

0.4.5 had severe performance issues, so we’ve been busy with fixing it in 0.4.6. For 0.4.6 the plan was to actually layer events, but to quicken the release we had to drop this and I just replaced the pictures like they were before (plus we added basic instinct quest).
I’ve redrawn events not because I’m insane, but rather out of necessity - we needed them to be layered so that we could show all our physical changes in them, I had to remake them and decided to make everything look the same for the sake of consistency (why not? I thought…)

So I already have all our older events with everything (breasts, hair, etc.), but we don’t know how much time it will actually take for us to replace them all - that’s why we’re not doing it right now at all, and the rework is “on hold”.

Because we spent so much time on redoing older art and text, I’ve decided to focus on new content in 0.4.7, gym seemed like a perfect place to add - we had hip enlargements in character art, but no way to increase hips (apart from the cheats). Believe it or not, we actually wanted to chill and catch our breaths after almost dying during the rework, so we picked gym instead of Farm (we were supposed to do farm first).

First two weeks after the release of 0.4.6 went on bugfixes and the artbook, then I’ve started writing, but I didn’t just write the gym, I went on and wrote 60 pages of the farm as well, because I didn’t want to break your saves (I don’t have time to explain how it’s related, but I gave the explanation on my patreon)

At this point New Year started rapidly approaching and we wanted to congratulate everyone with the release of 0.4.7. To give us another incentive and extra motivation I announced the date, which worked like a charm - we really hate disappointing people, so we worked harder than we ever did to make it in time, we crunched all week before the new years eve, both me and Moana were still working on the game on the 31st. But it was just impossible.
Another reason for us to rush 0.4.7 was the fact that both me and Moana had friends and relatives visiting us right after the New Year, and we wanted to go on holidays with clear consciousness and the sense of accomplishment. I don’t know how Moana felt while “celebrating”, but I felt like shit (we both had a two weeks long "holiday")

Gym squatting event has 113 versatile pictures right now, but back then it had 107 (we added body writings to it). And the problem with those pictures is that they need to be in a certain order and some of them are mutually exclusive. Just to let Moana know how it works, I had to create a three pages long guide, and yet, we still made a ton of mistakes (it’s extremely confusing).
The event itself consisted of four parts - four days for you to play with, besides that we also created a new shady shop, added hair salon, nipple piercings, gym outfit and a new tattoo. Everything else was cut for the New Year version (no gropings, no repeatable events, no character art, no interface for the shop).

After our New Year fiasco I’ve changed my mind, because every time we add something - we drop it half way and move forward to something else, so I’ve decided to finish everything that we planned for the gym before its release, announced it on patreon and my patrons agreed that I should do it.

Every week since then we were adding something new and showing teasers on our page, to let people know that the work is going. Every character that is used for this update has art, new grope event with Katya was added for nipple piercings (if you are dating), hair “styling” was added (will only appear in character art), soviet star earring was added, interface to the shop, art for items, repeatable squatting event, worldbuilding text and most importantly - 4 gym grope events, small body writing event and 4 repeatable options of that.

Then I was sick for two weeks, have no clue what it was, but I had a fever and coughing felt like I was stabbed in a lung - this thing immobilized me for almost two weeks.

Apart from benevolence and one outfit, I already showed pictures of everything that we will include in 0.4.7, to prove that we’re working - I’ve spoiled all that we did (and I really didn’t want to spoil anything).
Even the text now is a problem - everything is tied to variables and has alternative versions, making things work is extremely hard at this point.

Both squatting event and grope events are “exceptions”, squatting event is complex because it’s the only place where you will be able to increase/decrease hips in the entire game (apart from some mystery medicine), so I’ve made it complex to make it unique.
And grope events will be used all over the game, in places like - legion1, tunnel, vasilissa mall encounter. We will also use this system for the farm and in other places of the game - it’s designed to quicken the development and give you more things to do in defenestration at the same time.

Right now there’s 153 pictures for our grope art, and 6 pages long guide on how to use them. It has all the symptoms of our gym event - wrong layering, missing pictures and glitches due to mistakes on my end (separating something that shouldn’t be separated may result in disappearance of parts mid event for a second, e.g. I separated male hand from male outfit and had to fix that, etc.).
Just this week I had to edit and resave 80 pictures, but we fixed squatting event, so we can fix this one too - it’s just a bit too complex.

Overall this update will have: A ton of jokes, amazing music, new outfit, two piercings, hair styling, an option to change hair, an option to change hips, new tattoo, new character art, shop interface, items, 4 squatting events, repeatable squatting event, 4 gym grope events, 3 repeatable grope events, 1 body writings event and its repeatable version, Katya grope event, two older outfits, pet training, benevolence, a ton of slightly edited art (Kira’s body, legion 2 event etc.), bugfixes, choices, autosave. And all of it will be versatile - interchangeable art and text based on your choices.
I’m certain that I’m forgetting something, but I’ll try to include everything in the changelog.

When I say that it is almost done, I mean it - everything is written, drawn and coded in, we’re busy with fixing it so you could have the best experience and just so we could forget about the gym. I’ve shown everything on my page already, and look how much text you forced me to write with your concerns!

So, when I say poor management - I mean my choice to make this update so big and my bitterness.
From a financial point of view, it’s extremely important for me to release the game as often as possible. So we should have released it like this - 0.4.6a (bugfix), 0.4.6.2 (benevolence and pet), 0.4.6.5 (4 gym squatting events), 0.4.6.7 (5 grope events) and finally 0.4.7 (customization and repeatable versions). This would lead to us gaining more support and everyone would be happy. Unfortunatelly I was too focused on writing and drawing to notice this, or maybe I’m just dumb.

I may seem a bit rude to you, but it’s only because I’m tired - I know that I’ve made a mistake, I’ll try not to repeat it, but what’s done is done, 0.4.7 is almost ready and it’s a really good update in my totally not biased opinion. Apologies for lashing out on you, but please stop repeating the same thing over and over again - it doesn’t help anyone, I don’t want to be a villain, and I don’t want to feel this miserable ever again.

I hope that I’ve managed to clear things up a bit, now it’s up to you whether or not you want to believe me. If you’re on the fence, I suggest you wait and see what new update will bring, you’re not giving me any capitalistic donations, so just wait and see.

Lyphrus

Jun 30, 2017

P.S:
Just responding to show there are some "freeloaders" on your side. I understand that delays happen, and that it's frustrating and people get impatient. But life happens and can very much get in the way of the production of things. Like Shigeru Miyamoto said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

If anything people are upset that there's been little to no progress in story for the game and things that were there in previous patches are gone. Because you and your team are adding stuff to make it easier in the long run for you as well as making all the dialogue fluid, since you can alter the dialogue in this game with your choices and it can happen real early on. Most games won't have a change, unless already planned from the very beginning, until the route is started and then you're locked into that.

People get mad over dumb things. Be happy that he acknowledges our piracy of his game and hasn't cared enough to put a stop to it.

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
- Layered art in events and character, plus you forgot to mention our versatile text, normal/dumb/lustful Kiras + references to fetishes, quest completion, appearance and events. I’m pretty sure that we are the only team that does this.
- I’m not making any promises, I’m simply writing what I believe in. There are indeed few finishing touches left.
- That russian thing you’re referring to has been resolved, you can go to my discord and read the full story by yourself (using google translate). But basically I just snapped and insulted some people, because they were acting even worse than you are now, and I refuse to be treated like this. That said, I’ve already apologised to them and I never called them “freeloaders”, I called them evil (I think).

Again, I’m not seeing any value in your feedback, it brings nothing new to the table and offers no solution. All you’ve said was “You’re a fraud, old art was better”, just in more words.

See JonL? If you want to criticize me - this is how you should do it, not only Impossibleis7 is being constructive, but he talks to me like I’m a human being.

Impossibleis7, thank you and you’re right, I should learn to handle things better. So I’m going to attempt to do that here by explaining my actions, but you’ll have to read a lot of text and, you know, actually try to believe me.

First of all, I want you to know that everything I write - I believe in, I never wanted to lie or hurt anyone, all I want to do is tell stupid jokes in my game. That’s it.
The way I see it, there are two major problems right now - lack of time and my poor management, here’s what has happened over the last year or so:

In v0.4.5 we added this extremely complex layered character art that has thousands (not even hundreds) of pictures, we coded them in and put placeholders into the game - just because we don’t want to break your save files ever again.

Because we didn’t manage to include everything we wanted in 0.4.5, and the fact that it had severe “performance issues”, I felt awful and received a lot of criticism. Then I was silent for around two month, mainly because of comments like JonL is making, and how I was treated by russian community on my own discord - I was extremely depressed, felt like just dropping the game or worse, hurting myself. I’m not fishing for any empathy, just explaining my actions, it’s your call whether or not you want to believe me.

0.4.5 had severe performance issues, so we’ve been busy with fixing it in 0.4.6. For 0.4.6 the plan was to actually layer events, but to quicken the release we had to drop this and I just replaced the pictures like they were before (plus we added basic instinct quest).
I’ve redrawn events not because I’m insane, but rather out of necessity - we needed them to be layered so that we could show all our physical changes in them, I had to remake them and decided to make everything look the same for the sake of consistency (why not? I thought…)

So I already have all our older events with everything (breasts, hair, etc.), but we don’t know how much time it will actually take for us to replace them all - that’s why we’re not doing it right now at all, and the rework is “on hold”.

Because we spent so much time on redoing older art and text, I’ve decided to focus on new content in 0.4.7, gym seemed like a perfect place to add - we had hip enlargements in character art, but no way to increase hips (apart from the cheats). Believe it or not, we actually wanted to chill and catch our breaths after almost dying during the rework, so we picked gym instead of Farm (we were supposed to do farm first).

First two weeks after the release of 0.4.6 went on bugfixes and the artbook, then I’ve started writing, but I didn’t just write the gym, I went on and wrote 60 pages of the farm as well, because I didn’t want to break your saves (I don’t have time to explain how it’s related, but I gave the explanation on my patreon)

At this point New Year started rapidly approaching and we wanted to congratulate everyone with the release of 0.4.7. To give us another incentive and extra motivation I announced the date, which worked like a charm - we really hate disappointing people, so we worked harder than we ever did to make it in time, we crunched all week before the new years eve, both me and Moana were still working on the game on the 31st. But it was just impossible.
Another reason for us to rush 0.4.7 was the fact that both me and Moana had friends and relatives visiting us right after the New Year, and we wanted to go on holidays with clear consciousness and the sense of accomplishment. I don’t know how Moana felt while “celebrating”, but I felt like shit (we both had a two weeks long "holiday")

Gym squatting event has 113 versatile pictures right now, but back then it had 107 (we added body writings to it). And the problem with those pictures is that they need to be in a certain order and some of them are mutually exclusive. Just to let Moana know how it works, I had to create a three pages long guide, and yet, we still made a ton of mistakes (it’s extremely confusing).
The event itself consisted of four parts - four days for you to play with, besides that we also created a new shady shop, added hair salon, nipple piercings, gym outfit and a new tattoo. Everything else was cut for the New Year version (no gropings, no repeatable events, no character art, no interface for the shop).

After our New Year fiasco I’ve changed my mind, because every time we add something - we drop it half way and move forward to something else, so I’ve decided to finish everything that we planned for the gym before its release, announced it on patreon and my patrons agreed that I should do it.

Every week since then we were adding something new and showing teasers on our page, to let people know that the work is going. Every character that is used for this update has art, new grope event with Katya was added for nipple piercings (if you are dating), hair “styling” was added (will only appear in character art), soviet star earring was added, interface to the shop, art for items, repeatable squatting event, worldbuilding text and most importantly - 4 gym grope events, small body writing event and 4 repeatable options of that.

Then I was sick for two weeks, have no clue what it was, but I had a fever and coughing felt like I was stabbed in a lung - this thing immobilized me for almost two weeks.

Apart from benevolence and one outfit, I already showed pictures of everything that we will include in 0.4.7, to prove that we’re working - I’ve spoiled all that we did (and I really didn’t want to spoil anything).
Even the text now is a problem - everything is tied to variables and has alternative versions, making things work is extremely hard at this point.

Both squatting event and grope events are “exceptions”, squatting event is complex because it’s the only place where you will be able to increase/decrease hips in the entire game (apart from some mystery medicine), so I’ve made it complex to make it unique.
And grope events will be used all over the game, in places like - legion1, tunnel, vasilissa mall encounter. We will also use this system for the farm and in other places of the game - it’s designed to quicken the development and give you more things to do in defenestration at the same time.

Right now there’s 153 pictures for our grope art, and 6 pages long guide on how to use them. It has all the symptoms of our gym event - wrong layering, missing pictures and glitches due to mistakes on my end (separating something that shouldn’t be separated may result in disappearance of parts mid event for a second, e.g. I separated male hand from male outfit and had to fix that, etc.).
Just this week I had to edit and resave 80 pictures, but we fixed squatting event, so we can fix this one too - it’s just a bit too complex.

Overall this update will have: A ton of jokes, amazing music, new outfit, two piercings, hair styling, an option to change hair, an option to change hips, new tattoo, new character art, shop interface, items, 4 squatting events, repeatable squatting event, 4 gym grope events, 3 repeatable grope events, 1 body writings event and its repeatable version, Katya grope event, two older outfits, pet training, benevolence, a ton of slightly edited art (Kira’s body, legion 2 event etc.), bugfixes, choices, autosave. And all of it will be versatile - interchangeable art and text based on your choices.
I’m certain that I’m forgetting something, but I’ll try to include everything in the changelog.

When I say that it is almost done, I mean it - everything is written, drawn and coded in, we’re busy with fixing it so you could have the best experience and just so we could forget about the gym. I’ve shown everything on my page already, and look how much text you forced me to write with your concerns!

So, when I say poor management - I mean my choice to make this update so big and my bitterness.
From a financial point of view, it’s extremely important for me to release the game as often as possible. So we should have released it like this - 0.4.6a (bugfix), 0.4.6.2 (benevolence and pet), 0.4.6.5 (4 gym squatting events), 0.4.6.7 (5 grope events) and finally 0.4.7 (customization and repeatable versions). This would lead to us gaining more support and everyone would be happy. Unfortunatelly I was too focused on writing and drawing to notice this, or maybe I’m just dumb.

I may seem a bit rude to you, but it’s only because I’m tired - I know that I’ve made a mistake, I’ll try not to repeat it, but what’s done is done, 0.4.7 is almost ready and it’s a really good update in my totally not biased opinion. Apologies for lashing out on you, but please stop repeating the same thing over and over again - it doesn’t help anyone, I don’t want to be a villain, and I don’t want to feel this miserable ever again.

I hope that I’ve managed to clear things up a bit, now it’s up to you whether or not you want to believe me. If you’re on the fence, I suggest you wait and see what new update will bring, you’re not giving me any capitalistic donations, so just wait and see.
I have noticed that the amount of character art had increased already in the last update, or was it the update before that, and that you were trying to make kira more lively, which I really appreciated at the time. If this is what this has been for, to make those parts with the more varied and vivid variations and multitude of poses, consistent across the entire game, then honestly I can say that I can see why its taken so long, and why you're so tired. It seems like a years worth of work for a larger team than what I think you have. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is in the next update. Heck, if it's good enough, I promise to give that good review I've always been thinking of but couldn't quite find the time or effort to write......

Reactions: IncineratedMulan

ARLASKY

Oct 19, 2018
I have noticed that the amount of character art had increased already in the last update, or was it the update before that, and that you were trying to make kira more lively, which I really appreciated at the time. If this is what this has been for, to make those parts with the more varied and vivid variations and multitude of poses, consistent across the entire game, then honestly I can say that I can see why its taken so long, and why you're so tired. It seems like a years worth of work for a larger team than what I think you have. I'm looking forward to seeing if this is in the next update. Heck, if it's good enough, I promise to give that good review I've always been thinking of but couldn't quite find the time or effort to write......
Shite.....
I'm a hypocrite aren't I?

jonL

Jul 24, 2017

So you see flaws of your management, you stating the ways to resolve them, by the way they correspond with what I was writing before, but you still are not correcting your mistakes. Just fucken release small update returning "new you" events that were cut off. If you are not showing any work done outside of promises and checklists how else should we call you but a fraud?

• Angry
Reactions: devidevil888
4.00 star(s) 102 Votes