Apalos

Oct 7, 2017
I don't have Avast.
Yeah, i'm kinda suspicious of these so called "false positive", just downloaded the newest bitch raider and tried some of my older rpg maker games and had no issue with my anti virus, both avast and malwarebytes.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
just downloaded the newest bitch raider and tried some of my older rpg maker games and had no issue with my anti virus, both avast and malwarebytes.
A suspicious mind is a healthy mind. That being said...:
Do those have hyperlinks in them? So a patreon link that is clickable and opens browser outside the game? If they don't, they don't trigger your AV. I just checked Bitchmaker, it does not have such a link. This game has such option, lo behold, triggers malware alarm.

rpgmaker game.exe with hyperlinked patreon link = triggers alarm as it is technically an adware
rpgmaker game.exe with no hyperlinks in them = no alarm

This will be the case untill AVAST adds patreon links to their default safe list or however they call their built-in whitelist. If they won't, why should they, its up to the users to manually add each and every game.exe of this nature to the exception list.

Reactions: IncineratedMulan

Apalos

Oct 7, 2017
A suspicious mind is a healthy mind. That being said...:
Do those have hyperlinks in them? So a patreon link that is clickable and opens browser outside the game? If they don't, they don't trigger your AV. I just checked Bitchmaker, it does not have such a link. This game has such option, lo behold, triggers malware alarm.

rpgmaker game.exe with hyperlinked patreon link = triggers alarm as it is technically an adware
rpgmaker game.exe with no hyperlinks in them = no alarm

This will be the case untill AVAST adds patreon links to their default safe list or however they call their built-in whitelist. If they won't, why should they, its up to the users to manually add each and every game.exe of this nature to the exception list.
You had a good thought, however I checked another rpgmaker game "Manila Shaw" which has a hyperlink to its creator patreon and it had no such issue.

Damn right I'm suspicious as all fuck! I worked in a Third Party Fraud department and now currently work in a First Party Fraud department for a major US bank. Half the time I deal with idiots who fell for a stupid scam and now owe $1-30K.

Trust no one and be suspicious of everything.

Reactions: Ennoch

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Check this one again. Whats the report exactly? FileRepMalware?

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
Does it sound stupid saying something like "trust me"? :rolleyes:
Its the issue i described above. I could get into a more a detailed version but in a nutshell, its the above. Even if Manila isn't triggering your avast, its something in Avast that went sideway with the recent update of theirs. They might not even fix it but this is false-positive.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
When an AV finds threats where other AV like ESET or Kaspersky don't, I don't trust in it very much. And less if the AV itself contains adware and spyware.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
This is a know AVAST issue, it has been around for at least 5 years. At the very least. Happens from time to time with various applications. Someone two months ago reported an rpgmaker game.exe. This resulted in a -1 score in the reputation meter and since there were no other votes (noone bothers voting rpgmaker games), its a nobrainer, it resulted in a negative overall score. Thus bad reputation. And AVAST considers bad reputation as genuine threat and now singles out almost(?) all rpgmaker games.

Run it through the online malware detector they offer, you'll get the report that its "unsafe" based on solely on this report, but otherwise SAFE. This is another oversight in the AVAST script that they will have to finetune some more.. as soon as they become aware of it. Its only happening since last week but i don't know how many project is involved worldwide. Its just stupid.

I don't know why AVAST thinks that all game.exes' are the same and belong to the same progam and hail from the same source but it does due to some unknown similarity that the sorting script checks.

damnson1111

Jul 21, 2017
I believe I've just finished all the content for this update, except the 2nd BE event in Hospital, if anyone can let me know what it is, that'll be great.

The game's pretty nice so far with the replay value offered by the multiple routes! For the underground travel system, did you get inspiration from Vampire The Masquerade Bloodline? I know it must have existed in other game as well, but that's the first instance that I've seen it. And, thank you again for the wonderful game, I'm eagerly looking forward to future game content and will support its development on Patreon.

Minor spoiler warning.

Also, so far, I also went the route where Kira abstinentes the H-events as much as possible, never met up with the hypnotherapist until "New You", and the lust stays at 3 and goes down to 2 after the fisherman. I started the "New You" with the jammer in my inventory and it doesn't seem to stop Kira from submitting to the procedures, I think I just got less pink texts. Is this intended? I know we aren't there yet, but will Kira be able to go through the main story whilst keeping it mostly together? And, will Kira be able to offer herself to the strangers eventually at high lust in future implementations?

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
does the quest stop at new you?
Yep, for now

I believe I've just finished all the content for this update, except the 2nd BE event in Hospital, if anyone can let me know what it is, that'll be great.

The game's pretty nice so far with the replay value offered by the multiple routes! For the underground travel system, did you get inspiration from Vampire The Masquerade Bloodline? I know it must have existed in other game as well, but that's the first instance that I've seen it. And, thank you again for the wonderful game, I'm eagerly looking forward to future game content and will support its development on Patreon.

Minor spoiler warning.

Also, so far, I also went the route where Kira abstinentes the H-events as much as possible, never met up with the hypnotherapist until "New You", and the lust stays at 3 and goes down to 2 after the fisherman. I started the "New You" with the jammer in my inventory and it doesn't seem to stop Kira from submitting to the procedures, I think I just got less pink texts. Is this intended? I know we aren't there yet, but will Kira be able to go through the main story whilst keeping it mostly together? And, will Kira be able to offer herself to the strangers eventually at high lust in future implementations?
Hello, thank you for your support! BE stands for “breast enlargement”, you can find it on the third floor of the hospital, which is only available once you’ll have “New You” quest.

I did this underground traveling system because “fast travel” was a really requested feature and I thought that this way it’s more immersive, first time I’m hearing about “Vampire The Masquerade Bloodline”, I’ll check it out:)

Kira will be able to slut around once her lust will be high enough, hypnosis is a shortcut to this. As for the “pure” route, yes, it will be there. Every event will be avoidable one way or another. "Jammer" doesn’t work right now, this quest is still work in progress, since it mostly consists of H-events and requires a lot of art.

You had a good thought, however I checked another rpgmaker game "Manila Shaw" which has a hyperlink to its creator patreon and it had no such issue.

Damn right I'm suspicious as all fuck! I worked in a Third Party Fraud department and now currently work in a First Party Fraud department for a major US bank. Half the time I deal with idiots who fell for a stupid scam and now owe $1-30K.

Trust no one and be suspicious of everything.
I have no idea why your AV marks my game, but I’ve noticed people saying that this might be because of my ingame link to patreon, I’ll remove it in next version as a test. Please tell me if this will fix the issue, if you’ll decide to give the game another shot. This also goes for any other person reading this, if you’re having this issue - please tell me whether or not it will go away in the next release.

Olao

May 8, 2018
Everyone's pixel model should match the art, it's something I'm still bothered since first release but I guess it will eventually be fixed, I GUESS!

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018
Everyone's pixel model should match the art, it's something I'm still bothered since first release but I guess it will eventually be fixed, I GUESS!
No combat RPGM is best RPGM. However, would like the character pixel model to match more closely to character art
Eventually yes, there’s still a lot of work, pixel models are not my main priority. I didn’t think they were that important tbh.

Reactions: Punk80954

Verizel

May 25, 2017
why during mini-game (exhibitionism) in park Kira has long hair, but during all other events it short? We would have long hair in all future CG, or just in bimbo-route, or there would be option to chose? I like her new style, so I wanna to see her with long hair more

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes