Nayko93

Feb 3, 2018
I've found a bug
When you complet the last shift at the dinner, you can't change cloth anywhere, it say "impossible to do right now"
But returning to the dinner for a other shift unlock it... weird

Also, the dinner is probably the area that lag the most, it's almost impossible to play sometimes

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
I thought the game did a great job given the limited assets of RPGMaker. The narration told by the little details are very well thought out:

-The perfect circular layout of the subway design suggesting a centrally planned city, sharply contrasted with basic things like elevators not working (hinting at rampant corruption).
-The little cracks in the walls of buildings everywhere and the casual garbage strewn about suggesting people do their part as dictated by the central commitee, but their hearts aren't in it.
-The depressive atmosphere in the residential area with little green spaces and where building blocks are just numbers (like people).
-The casual KGB soldiers standing everywhere: holding pink guns. Just like Russia today: do evil but gloss it over with a thin veneer for friendliness
- The Literal Saint Basil Russian style Architecture building in the Red Square.
- Of course, the propaganda strewn everywhere from Stalin statues to Lenin billboards to the posters in the subway suggesting this society enforces a centrally binding ideology for it's citizens.
- Even the characters portray slices of cultural authenticity: rampant alcoholism, joking that track suits were once the "military uniform" of the old USSR (given how popular track suits were in Russia and it's unique position as an attire between the private and the public space)

... I could co on ...

There are alot of little attention to detail that really brings out the world building. Sure, the game is not a triple A title with an entire team dedicated to visual assets, but I still think Mulan did a great job with limited resources. And ultimately, as someone who's lived in Canada for 30+ years, I don't see the similarities between this game and Canada at all.
I think that you overthink things.
Mulan simply painted what he saw in real life. Ukraine and Russia after USSR collapse dropped any renovation programs for 10 years in cities like kiev and moscow. Less populated cities and towns even now are in shit-state.
Overuse of personal transport in cities previously made around public transport exterminated any "green" patches - everyone tries to put their "4 wheel bucket" closer to their home.

Thatdubstepsound

Oct 9, 2022
I think that you overthink things.
Mulan simply painted what he saw in real life. Ukraine and Russia after USSR collapse dropped any renovation programs for 10 years in cities like kiev and moscow. Less populated cities and towns even now are in shit-state.
Overuse of personal transport in cities previously made around public transport exterminated any "green" patches - everyone tries to put their "4 wheel bucket" closer to their home.
Well, to be honest I'm not sitting here analyzing/overthinking the game. The little details of environmental storytelling jumps out almost immediately.

Before the game I knew little about the Soviet Union or Russia/Ukrainian culture. Everything you listed above may seem obvious to you, but were not for me. Yet I understood all of those things within 30 mins of playing the game. It is exactly because as you stated, Mulan took what she saw in real life and re-imagined it in a dystopian futuristic way, while preserving a slice of cultural authenticity of communist slavic life. It was incredible to see a dystopian future not set in America or Europe, and get a slice of slavic culture. It's set me off on a curiousity stream of USSR and Ukraine/Russian culture documentaries. And it's just incredible all that came from a game actually.

Last edited:

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
Well, to be honest I'm not sitting here analyzing/overthinking the game. The little details of environmental storytelling jumps out almost immediately.

Before the game I knew little about the Soviet Union or Russia/Ukrainian culture. Everything you listed above may seem obvious to you, but were not for me. Yet I understood all of those things within 30 mins of playing the game. It is exactly because as you stated, Mulan took what she saw in real life and re-imagined it in a dystopian futuristic way, while preserving a slice of cultural authenticity of communist slavic life. It was incredible to see a dystopian future not set in America or Europe, and get a slice of slavic culture. It's set me off on a curiousity stream of USSR and Ukraine/Russian culture documentaries. And it's just incredible all that came from a game actually.
Idk what kind of documentaries you whatched, but if they were legit, you would have seen that mulan being probably less than 30, never saw ussr, and is making that game mostly by postsoviet liberal propagandists.

123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021

This game is complete nonsense and has nothing to do with what happened in the USSR. Unless, of course, we study that period according to the statements of the liberals, according to which "under Stalin, one hundred million people were shot a day..."
The developer is too snotty to catch at least a minimum of the events in the USSR, and described an absolutely futuristic, hypertrophied world that has nothing to do with what happened in the USSR. This is, personally, his fantasy distorted by hypersexuality.

ABlackOcean

Apr 27, 2021
do we really need to discuss the fictional design of this game? ...

I think its a brilliant idea and a felicitous vision, packed with humor that clearly shows the player how "serious" this should be taken.

Come on guys. It would make even more sense to talk about wether the sky is blue or not.

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
do we really need to discuss the fictional design of this game? ...

I think its a brilliant idea and a felicitous vision, packed with humor that clearly shows the player how "serious" this should be taken.

Come on guys. It would make even more sense to talk about wether the sky is blue or not.
Well I would like to talk about update, but it doesn't exist.

zero987

Apr 13, 2019
Quick question in 4.9.5 two new repeatable events were added
- New repeatable random “harassment” event (27 pages with a ton of references, you’ll only see 1/3)
- New repeatable random “boobjob/blowjob/orgy” event (31 pages, you’ll only see 1/3; 458 pictures)

Where do i see them and how to trigger them?

Thatdubstepsound

Oct 9, 2022
Idk what kind of documentaries you whatched, but if they were legit, you would have seen that mulan being probably less than 30, never saw ussr, and is making that game mostly by postsoviet liberal propagandists.

Yes I got that. I know Mulan didn't live in the USSR. Most of the interviews of older ppl from Moscow and SPB had very fond memories of USSR. Government provided housing, free education, free healthcare, lots of time for community and sports. People had more tightknit communities. There were few luxuries in stores but as one Moscovite said: "we traded all of that (meaning the free public servides) for jeans and coca cola." But keep in mind those inteviewed were Russians in the two major cities, in the late 70s and 80s towards the tail end of the soviet union. Ask minority groups, those who lived in countrysides, and those who lived in the 50s and 50s and the experience would've been very different.

I get Mulan grew up in a post-soviet Ukraine, and communism is seen as the boogeyman. In some ways this idea is right: there were real generational trauma from the famine, the purges, and the KGB during the height of the soviet union. And corruption was a huge issue (and still is in both Russia and Ukraine). But in many other ways there were some real utopian aspects of USSR especially in its later days. Hell I would give up most of the luxuries and goods in stores to have free housing and education.

Nontheless, it is a fascinating game told thru the lense of someone who grew up in the wake of collapsed USSR. Sure it isn't nuanced in showing the positive and the negatives equally, but I can't think of other games where you play as an actual member of a communist society not trying to overthrow it or are secretly a capitalist spy.

Last edited:

Thatdubstepsound

Oct 9, 2022
This game is complete nonsense and has nothing to do with what happened in the USSR. Unless, of course, we study that period according to the statements of the liberals, according to which "under Stalin, one hundred million people were shot a day..."
The developer is too snotty to catch at least a minimum of the events in the USSR, and described an absolutely futuristic, hypertrophied world that has nothing to do with what happened in the USSR. This is, personally, his fantasy distorted by hypersexuality.
Pls recommend a game or movie that genuinely depicts the USSR from within.

Reactions: Vodka10K

Readerf2b

Nov 21, 2020
Ask minority groups, those who lived in countrysides, and those who lived in the 50s and 50s and the experience would've been very different.

I get Mulan grew up in a post-soviet Ukraine, and communism is seen as the boogeyman. In some ways this idea is right: there were real generational trauma from the famine, the purges, and the KGB during the height of the soviet union. And corruption was a huge issue (and still is in both Russia and Ukraine). But in many other ways there were some real utopian aspects of USSR especially in its later days. Hell I would give up most of the luxuries and goods in stores to have free housing and education.
This is exactly what I said. You dont understand anything.
>those who lived in countrysides
Had much more than they have now. Post soviet capitalism pretty much killed countryside.
>those who lived in the 50s
Minus postwar hardships, had better prospects than any other generation. Its literally golden times, were bureaucracy was actually under thumb, people self governed and prices correlated with production level, making things cheaper every year. Kruschev ended it by setting party as only ruling organ, hurting agrarian sector and turning bureaucracy into untouchable class.
>generational trauma from the famine
LoL, that "ukraine privatized famine" had struck whole ussr and even poland (not sovietized at that time)
>the purges
They are called so because they hit mostly the Party, the NKVD and Army. And looking at what had Party become after 40years without purges - they were completely justified.
>the KGB
Oh yeah, that almighty KGB lurking at every corner. Arrests for jokes told in smoke room.
>corruption was a huge issue
That's simply not how centralized economy works. Corruption requires ability to spend cash indiscriminately. The highest form of corruption in ussr was ability to "get" things that was considered rarity. Like DDR furniture, or expensive real fur coat, etc.

123Ins123

Feb 20, 2021
Pls recommend a game or movie that genuinely depicts the USSR from within.
From what I have seen myself, I can recommend the film "Moscow does not believe in tears." There are NO new films made after the collapse of the USSR about him. Everything is either a specific blackness, or they are biased in depicting what was and showing it off-handedly far-fetched.

Reactions: CorwinFr

Thatdubstepsound

Oct 9, 2022
From what I have seen myself, I can recommend the film "Moscow does not believe in tears." There are NO new films made after the collapse of the USSR about him. Everything is either a specific blackness, or they are biased in depicting what was and showing it off-handedly far-fetched.
Cool I'll check it out, thank you

hentacle

Sep 8, 2020
So i chosed the bimbo-way and there spawns a bimbo-woman with who u can interact, but this one will stay in the dressshop after few interactions.
My questions are:
is there any more progress with this, or did i miss something?
And is it possible to make da booba bigger than lvl 3?

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes