slavegal

Apr 17, 2020
So, according to the changelog, there is no advance on the storyline, this's another fixing update. Alright, I will skip it again.

Oct 8, 2022
"Always" is a strong word when he's had literally dozens of instances where he promised something, in his own exact words, and never held up on it, and even on the changelog end of things we had 15+ months of "changelog" vanish with a single post.

And the argument of "The people he scams don't realize they're being scammed, so there's no problem" is glaringly flawed. The only thing he's "overenthusiastic" about is taking money, dude actively does less than the bare minimum for developing his game which infers that he doesn't want to work on it at all.

He only came back because he couldn't coast anymore after taking a supporter hit due to the game being marked as abandoned on here. There's a reason most of the micro-updates are in 3 month intervals, it's because he's trying to keep the auto-flag from triggering.
Show me one changelog whos content wasn't implemented.
And again no one is getting scammed here. They can stop giving him money at any time. No one's forcing them and they can end their support for any reason they want.
Also there is no auto flag. It was only marked as abandoned for like five minutes because a bunch of crybabies like you weren't happy with the content of the updates. In order for a game to be abandoned or on halt the creator has to actively declare that. He never did and he posted regular updates on the state of the game regardless.
Also like what are you tryna do here? Calling the game a scam has literally never worked. It's also kinda stupid to say there's no new content five days after a content update.

Oct 8, 2022
So, according to the changelog, there is no advance on the storyline, this's another fixing update. Alright, I will skip it again.
It's sort of a split update if you will. A new quest was added last update, but he added the visulas in this one. So he did advance the storyline.

Rein

Game Developer
May 8, 2017
Mulan very clearly made some very bad decisions in the past, for which I have already expressed my extreme disapproval.

However I believe none of us should be eternally punished for the mistakes of their past. At some point we all must be allowed to simply ourselves, no longer burdened by the sins of our past, worst selves. I am happy the lesson has been learned, and the man is communicating and releasing updates somewhat regularly.

Now, are said updates enough to make me subscribe again? Absolutely not, I do not feel I got value out of the money I invested in the past. But they're enough to make me at least cheer him on.

Oct 8, 2022
Mulan very clearly made some very bad decisions in the past, for which I have already expressed my extreme disapproval.

However I believe none of us should be eternally punished for the mistakes of their past. At some point we all must be allowed to simply ourselves, no longer burdened by the sins of our past, worst selves. I am happy the lesson has been learned, and the man is communicating and releasing updates somewhat regularly.

Now, are said updates enough to make me subscribe again? Absolutely not, I do not feel I got value out of the money I invested in the past. But they're enough to make me at least cheer him on.
It's really funny to clown on Mulan tho

Karkhel

May 15, 2017
So this part of the changelog confuses me: ' Added text references to Kira’s appearance in a Modest Proposal quest (cum, pregnancy, some fetishes, whether or not her breasts are out and body writings); ' so is pregnancy in the game or still just a debug?

Reactions: bro111

SpectreGT

Jun 10, 2020
So this part of the changelog confuses me: ' Added text references to Kira’s appearance in a Modest Proposal quest (cum, pregnancy, some fetishes, whether or not her breasts are out and body writings); ' so is pregnancy in the game or still just a debug?
No it is coded into the game, but not accessible. This is something a lot of people don't really pay attention to that Mulan does. There is a shit ton of inaccessible art and choices coded into the game in every new small update we have received over the past year or so. All of it is related to systems that are not accessible in the game yet (pregnancy, makeup, breast sizes above 5). You can literally go into the files and see it, but it will not yet appear in game without cheats. Theoretically, what this means is that when those systems become accessible in the game, he will not have to return to reimplement changes to all the prior events. This is good. Will it turn out perfect? We can only guess at this point. I worry greatly about the art debt the team has accumulated at this point. So many fucking breast sizes and ass sizes and lip sizes and now branching choices has to be resulting in a shit-ton of lift on the art side. I am genuinely unsurprised that he is now having to split updates in half, one half implementation of events, the other half implementation of art.

Also, for all the people that are complaining about him not finishing the farm update, what the fuck do y'all want at this point? A year ago people were crying on here for him not releasing Main Story quests, so he pivots from the Farm to do that, and now we back to crying about no farm? Y'all just about as indecisive as Mulan is.

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Show me one changelog whos content wasn't implemented.
The scrapped update's changelog. Like I repeatedly said.

And again no one is getting scammed here. They can stop giving him money at any time. No one's forcing them and they can end their support for any reason they want.
You're saying it's not a scam because they can stop at any time and they're not being forced. Scams, by their very foundation, are predicated on the victims being deceived into not thinking they're victims and willingly going along with it.

Also there is no auto flag. It was only marked as abandoned for like five minutes because a bunch of crybabies like you weren't happy with the content of the updates.
There literally is an auto-flag. That's just an objective fact, it's directly confirmed to exist by the moderators themselves. Also the flag on this game was explicitly stated to have been placed by inactivity, not reports.

In order for a game to be abandoned or on halt the creator has to actively declare that. He never did and he posted regular updates on the state of the game regardless.
That's objectively not true. Firstly, he had a period of radio silence, so that disqualifies the claim of "regular updates", secondly go look at the rules for the flag itself. How could there be a qualifier for dev inactivity on this site if you need dev activity to place the flag?

Also like what are you tryna do here? Calling the game a scam has literally never worked. It's also kinda stupid to say there's no new content five days after a content update.
I didn't say there's no new content, I said 14 months ago he stole 15 months of crowdfunding under the false pretense of making a completely fictional update that he never worked on to begin with, and that he's drip-feeding micro-updates to game the Abandoned flag rules. These are both true statements.

And I'll call a scam a scam if I please, I truly don't care how hard you try to defend a dude who's repeatedly been caught lying and trying to gaslight people. If even one person changes their mind about wasting their money on vaporware then that's good enough for me, as I said.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheNextOne

SpectreGT

Jun 10, 2020
Is it possible to play the game with zero to minimum body modifications?
Yes, you start at minimum breast, butt, and lip size when you start the game. There is a mandatory breast enlargement right away, but proceeding down the main quest will allow you to get a reduction. However, if you repeatedly degrade Kira there are some points that will increase her breast size. You are always able to return to the reduction place though, so you shouldn't really worry about it. Butt size only goes up if you do squats at the gym. Lip size is through an event, but is a permanent change as of currently, so be on the lookout for that one if you don't like DSLs.

Reactions: Hhl12 and Weezy12

IncineratedMulan

Game Developer
Mar 23, 2018

You're saying it's not a scam because they can stop at any time and they're not being forced. Scams, by their very foundation, are predicated on the victims being deceived into not thinking they're victims and willingly going along with it.

There literally is an auto-flag. That's just an objective fact, it's directly confirmed to exist by the moderators themselves. Also the flag on this game was explicitly stated to have been placed by inactivity, not reports.

That's objectively not true. Firstly, he had a period of radio silence, so that disqualifies the claim of "regular updates", secondly go look at the rules for the flag itself. How could there be a qualifier for dev inactivity on this site if you need dev activity to place the flag?

I didn't say there's no new content, I said 14 months ago he stole 15 months of crowdfunding under the false pretense of making a completely fictional update that he never worked on to begin with, and that he's drip-feeding micro-updates to game the Abandoned flag rules. These are both true statements.

And I'll call a scam a scam if I please, I truly don't care how hard you try to defend a dude who's repeatedly been caught lying and trying to gaslight people. If even one person changes their mind about wasting their money on vaporware then that's good enough for me, as I said.
-I don’t know whether or not there is an auto-flag on F95, but when this thread was tagged as “abandoned”, I made a ticket and the mods removed it. It is enough for a dev to say that the game is still in development, there’s no need to post an update (it’s in the rules btw)

I don’t post an update every three months - I post it whenever I feel that I’ve got something to show. For example - 0.5a was in September and 0.4.9.9a was in May (that’s 4 months).

-What 15 months?
There’s never been a period where I was silent for that long, and there’s never been a break between updates that long either.

You’re making stuff up for dramatic effect which damages your argument. Stop doing that, there’s plenty of stuff that I actually did wrong - focus on that.

-What’s this mysterious scrapped update you’re talking about? The last one? The one where I had to split all announced content into separate updates because I underestimated the workload?

The only thing I “lied” about is time and I didn’t do it on purpose - I just can’t predict it. Which is why we no longer have release dates and I just speak about planned content in general.

Look, I’ve handled things poorly in the past, but I’m doing my best to rectify my mistakes. Right now I’m trying to work faster, being more active online and releasing updates with some consistency.

I don’t know what else you expect me to do - this is just the amount of time it takes to make a game in this artstyle, with this amount of bodymods.
I am slowly becoming faster (this layering update was finished 2 weeks faster than the previous layering one), but that is a problem - bodymods, they eat the majority of my time and I’m not fast enough (yet).

I think I’ve handled things better this year, there weren't any periods of time when I was silent and there’s been relatively consistent updates, so I really don’t understand why are you whining right now, when things are good (or at least becoming better).

Oct 8, 2022

Again, show me a changelog coward.
Second, you might have some mild amnesia. People literally decided to message the mods to get an abandoned tag. And when it happened Mulan quickly came and had it taken off. Again, because HE WAS STILL FUCKING ACTIVE. Also regular progress reports were posted about each month or so even at that time. I think the longest we went without a developement update was two months. Y'all just cried because there were no major content updates and when there was an update, you just felt that it wasn't enough. And that's why everyone started to shit themselves and wanted an abandoned tag. Also the game is free, so who tf cares.
And lastly, let the people on patreon do what they want. Calling them stupid isn't making a point. No one's getting decived here. They get exactly what they're paying for. The ability to influence developement and insite into the developement.

4.00 star(s) 103 Votes