keenkp

Nov 25, 2019
The more we wait, the more the content requirements will be. The developer makes a cruel joke to himself by delaying the release of the new version.
hahahahaha this is classic FreshMulan style.

I know what the situation, he is not a workaholic and this game takes him a lot of energy, and always he is not a plan guy.

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
hahahahaha this is classic FreshMulan style.

I know what the situation, he is not a workaholic and this game takes him a lot of energy, and always he is not a plan guy.
You know, by postsoviet standarts 2k$ per month is very good money. You can employ begginers coder and artist on full time 8/5 basis outside Moscow, and have other half to yourself. So its not funny anymore. His "work" results for previous year is two small updates and ton of excuses.

Ryaa

Jul 19, 2018
I've been putting off this game for a couple months, just wanted to ask if any of the paths are "beatable" right now?

CorwinFr

Feb 19, 2018
We all know the story about Freshmulan and planning, but we have to be honest, there is a lot of improvement in graphic and story (you can like or not but it's another problem). The thing we can discuss is the balance in each update between new content (dialog, H-scene) and technical improvement (tatoo, grope system, etc.).

Patreon is not Steam, you pay to help a developer in his project whatever it is. If you want change the project help the dev with more money or sent him smart comment into Patreon.

I know the story "I will not give a buck and download free, I want update each week with more content, I can pay 1000 € / $ / ... if you do that..." Don't be a child and be honest at least with you about that.

Anyway I hope a release soon like any of you BUT I know to much pressure on some dev (some people are more affected than others when you're hard with their work they take it to personally) can cause drama or bad decision making.

So I try to keep my fucking mouth shutdown when I'm about to say something not positive or not useful. (I said I try ;) )

Be cool, use your time on another drug, don't think to much about it. An stay in touch.

Last edited:

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
We all know the story about Freshmulan and planning, but we have to be honest, there is a lot of improvement in graphic and story (you can like or not but it's another problem). The thing we can discuss is the balance in each update between new content (dialog, H-scene) and technical improvement (tatoo, grope system, etc.).
He started rebuilding his game at January2019, right after second mosfilm update. Almost two years already, and we still dont have fully upgraded content.

Patreon is not Steam, you pay to help a developer in his project whatever it is. If you want change the project help the dev with more money or sent him smart comment into Patreon.
To be called developer you need to develop. And in general Patreon is fraud-supportive, since no penalties for frauds even exists. I personally no longer want to help Mulan in any way, i wish to see this game abandoned, so my earler hope for a good game will stop disturbing my mind.

I know the story "I will not give a buck and download free, I want update each week with more content, I can pay 1000 € / $ / ... if you do that..." Don't be a child and be honest at least with you about that.
I quit donating any money on patreon years ago, since donations level never correlates with development speed, quality and probability of game being finished.

Anyway I hope a release soon like any of you BUT I know to much pressure on some dev (some people are more affected than others when you're hard with their work they take it to personally) can cause drama or bad decision making.
Yeah, because waiting and support had brought us to this marvelous ton of content, such fruitful two years of development.

HotPotLovers

Apr 23, 2018
dude I got you point in someway, cus I used to be his patron like a year back or so for like a few months. But you want this good game to be abandoned? that's bit extreme, isn't it? If you don't like what you see here, just stop coming to this thread, you won't be bothered if you don't see shit. right?
After all, we are getting things for free here, complains on some level are fine I guess, but this is just bit out of the line.

Reactions: Yeahwathever

Idontplay

Oct 30, 2017
This is why Patreon use the term "reward": because our isn't an actual payment, but a reward for the work was did by the developer until that moment; at least this is how I interpret the term reward.

To be called developer you need to develop. And in general Patreon is fraud-supportive, since no penalties for frauds even exists.
This is why I think how Patreon works is wrong: if we don't have any guarantee about a project, why should we pay a monthly support? It think it would be better if it allowed one-time payments and in fact this is how I use Patreon: when I decide to support someone, first I pay the amount I decided to pay, then I revoke my support in order to avoid any future payment; until I don't decide the project is worthy for a further support.

Last edited:
Reactions: CorwinFr

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
But you want this good game to be abandoned?
It is already abandoned, even if mulan himself belives its not. He no longer have inspiration to create a game, all he is doing is prolonging development to have almost passive patreon income.

jonL

Jul 24, 2017
It is pretty weird the game started off real strong then getting updates to it became an absolute shitshow.
Its not weird. Solo/small team devs cant do prolonged development due to loosing inspiration. Or they are frouds, who makes solid demo+good advertised patreon then go into work simulation mod for years.

AlisaB

Jun 19, 2018
It is pretty weird the game started off real strong then getting updates to it became an absolute shitshow.
Yea, at the beginning the game was getting frequent updates(about 1 per 2 months) with good amount of content. Then came multiple art reworks which took a lot of time but game looks better imo.
Then Mulan got obsessed over the idea of having hundred customization options for everything: clothes, tits, butt, tattoos, piercings etc. This slowed down development speed significantly, basically 2 updates per year which we have currently.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 103 Votes