Ren'Py Completed Defiler Wings [v1.4.1] [The Old Huntsman]

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
It won't do <insert thing here> is just about the worst kind of problem report you can do.

There's no useful information in such a request, no indication you even tried, and you're essentially asking someone to become your personal tech support without paying a dime. :(

Anyway, I think Old Huntsman&co have long moved to other works, so you're stuck trying to figure things out on your own, with help from other players. IDK if the Android conversion was done by someone else or, if so, whether that person is still active here.

Last edited:

maladjusted

Oct 15, 2019
What do I need to get the Archetype achievenet?
I know, it says: "Win as a regular dragon", but what does that mean?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Looks like the condition is one set of wings, 2 paws and one head. You know, a 'regular' dragon. :)

Reactions: maladjusted

Live_This_Moment

Mar 23, 2018
All links of android app have apk which do not work. I request to have a working apk. All of them give the same error while parsing...

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I'm having the same issue, found a solution?
Looking at my directories, you've probably installed 1.4.1 on top of 1.0.1. Don't do that. The first has 'girl.rpy' and the second has 'girl_events.rpy', but neither has both.

MasterWiky

Jun 14, 2020
Looking at my directories, you've probably installed 1.4.1 on top of 1.0.1. Don't do that. The first has 'girl.rpy' and the second has 'girl_events.rpy', but neither has both.
Yeah, that was it, the "BoneyMod_0.3" was for 1.0.1.
Thanks.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
How the hell do I start a new game?? Theres no option in game to do so, or to delete your existing save. I tried deleting and redownloading and it still somehow has my old save game still.

The reason im trying to start a new game is i downloaded the translation after i had already played some and it fucked my game up

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
How the hell do I start a new game??
delete your existing save.
Right-click -> Reset progress. Also, Ren'Py games have saves and settings in two places, the game directory itself and somewhere in your 'user' directory, depending on OS. Deleting just one of them is not enough.

flamewolf393

Nov 13, 2020
Right-click -> Reset progress. Also, Ren'Py games have saves and settings in two places, the game directory itself and somewhere in your 'user' directory, depending on OS. Deleting just one of them is not enough.
I didnt know standalone extracted games could do that. I thought only games that were actually installed could modify files outside their own directory.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Games have been storing crap in the 'My Documents' folder since... almost forever. You should take a look, you might discover some weird thing you've long forgotten about is hogging several gigabytes with saves and whatnot. :cry:

It's not as if it's a protected directory or anything. And if you run any executable, you pretty much give your computer over to it. Not everything, but a lot.

Reactions: Reij

Daba

Jan 22, 2018
Games have been storing crap in the 'My Documents' folder since... almost forever. You should take a look, you might discover some weird thing you've long forgotten about is hogging several gigabytes with saves and whatnot. :cry:

It's not as if it's a protected directory or anything. And if you run any executable, you pretty much give your computer over to it. Not everything, but a lot.
What folder, couldn't find anything related to Defiler Wings in My Documents.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
What folder
DW, and other Ren'Py games, store their stuff in , depending on OS and version.

The My Documents comment was aimed at games in general. I think it largely started there, and then spread to My Games, Appdata, and now even more obscure Steam folders and whatnot. :cry:

Reactions: Daba

Ramen Rena

Jun 29, 2017
umm, I must be missing something but I have 82k and a Cloud Ruined Castle unfortunately I can only leave as soon as I arrive... Is there some spell or event I need first?

Ramen Rena

Jun 29, 2017
perhaps, I ran into a bug. I'll try a fresh game 'n see what happens.

Edit: Hmm, the Volcanic Forge & Ice Citadel are off limits to me as well, now that is curious..

Last edited:
2.60 star(s) 7 Votes