Ren'Py Completed Defiler Wings [v1.4.1] [The Old Huntsman]

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
I have a few questions: How do I get the free lands and conquer the mistress? Fight the demon prince? Find goddesses and female thieves?
As your dragons loot and spawn more offspring, the mistress' army will grow. You will be able to inspect it when you visit her lands. At some point you can trigger the final battle where you lead the army against the free lands. The battle will give you choices about how to fight.

At the end of the battle sequence, you can chose to challenge the mistress or submit to her.

I'm not sure what you mean by the demon prince, there are some large enemies that can be encountered via random events, the angel, the dwarven golem and the elf queen. If these enemies are alive when the final battle is triggered, you will have to fight them at that point.

To find goddesses, search the mountains and the sky regions, you will encounter their lairs, there is also a minor type that can be found in the forest.

Thieves will try and steal your treasure when your dragon is sleeping, you can never be perfectly safe from them but you can hire guards, install traps, and move your lair to a more remote area.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Is this 1.0.1 or 1.4.1? I'm going off of memories of 1.4.1, mostly.

At the end of the battle sequence, you can chose to challenge the mistress or submit to her.
As far as I recall, you always have the option to start the Final Battle in story mode, although without much of a success rate. Ditto for betraying the Mistress.

There is an option to betray her post-battle, but that requires you to maintain a delicate balance with the Witch's sperm donations.

I'm not sure what you mean by the demon prince...
The Prince of Hell, Architot/Archimonde/Architec/however he's spelled that week. The Infernal Seals tick over, he comes calling.

To find goddesses, search the mountains and the sky regions, you will encounter their lairs, there is also a minor type that can be found in the forest.
I think what you mean are Titanesses, not Goddesses. AFAIK, you only encounter those during the Final Battle.

Thieves should be coming out of your ears, usually. :D But I'm not aware of there being any female thieves, or even an achievement related to them, unless you count my mod.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I can't install the android version.
I have no personal experience with Ren'Py and Android, but others have had success using (the proper version of!) Joiplay to run regular versions of various Ren'Py games.

And if I try the html I just get an error
What HTML?

Anyway, this iteration of the game is pretty dead. You might want to try either the reboot or my mod for the latter.

DarkklouD

Aug 9, 2020
I have no personal experience with Ren'Py and Android, but others have had success using (the proper version of!) Joiplay to run regular versions of various Ren'Py games.

What HTML?

Anyway, this iteration of the game is pretty dead. You might want to try either the reboot or my mod for the latter.
Ok, thanks

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I don't remember exactly, but basically 1.4.1 has a bunch of extra, mostly cosmetic features, like a more visual rape minigame, girl fates and love interests, the history section. Contentwise, there's the Elder Witch quest, the zombie storyline, extended demon ending with Princess Violet, maybe some more. Nothing particularly game-changing from a mechanics POV.

But the translation is much worse.

Last edited:

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I remember that each phase required something but i can't remember what.
Well, the fun is in finding out for yourself. Successfully beating her without spoilers gives a much better sense of accomplishment than just following a guide and getting to see the ending screen and credits, which taunt you with unfulfilled promises and a link to Old Huntsman's now dead blog. The Мельница outro track is pretty nice, though.

If you absolutely can't play without spoilers:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hextroyer413

Sep 13, 2017
So I was trying to get the T-Rex achievement but despite qualifying for it i didn't get it, does taking magic from the witch or using her magic invalidate the achievement?

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
...does taking magic from the witch or using her magic invalidate the achievement?
What do you mean by 'using her magic'? From a quick glance, it looks like having the magic boost from the Witch active invalidates the achievement, but using it up and resting before proceeding to endgame shouldn't. Didn't actually test it, though.

Reactions: Hextroyer413

Hextroyer413

Sep 13, 2017
What do you mean by 'using her magic'? From a quick glance, it looks like having the magic boost from the Witch active invalidates the achievement, but using it up and resting before proceeding to endgame shouldn't. Didn't actually test it, though.
FUCK
I tried to increase my chances of success by visiting the witch three times before the invasion. At least now I know.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Probably not. DW was never a scene or story-focused game, and some of the biggest additions were to the endgame and some rather noninteractive mini-stories about the fates of your captives.

OTOH, the machine translation isn't entirely incomprehensible.

If you want genuinely new interactive content, I added a little in my mod for the reboot game. But the mod is not for everyone, and definitely not something to play just for the story. Or play the reboot. There's at least one sizeable new storyline. But it's translation is about just as bad, and I never got to proofreading all of it.

Eh, IDK. If you want a dragon with a well-written story, play Ravager.

If you want 'one of the hardest ero game I have ever played', go for my mod. Which has issues, some by design and some by accident. Maybe I'll get an update done one day.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
IDK, I get a 'no module named love' error with it. Is it 1.0.1 English, 1.0.1 Russian or even 1.4.1?

I'm not really familiar with original DW code, and I don't really want to be. If this is not something simple, either accept that you've lost that save, or move on to the reboot where I can actually help you. It's probably more interesting to play that at least once than farming achievements in DW, anyway.

ponly8801

Apr 8, 2019
Does anybody have the text or a summary of the Star Wars intro at the beginning? I accidently clicked part of the way through and don't want to have to sit through the thing again.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
v1.41 MTL is unplayable. gives a renpy error immediately as you start the game. tried ignoring it and it kept on throwing other errors.
also the MTL is atrociously bad and they didn't even translate everything, some of the settings are in russian

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes