Ren'Py Completed Defiler Wings [v1.4.1] [The Old Huntsman]

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes

Ramen Rena

Jun 29, 2017
AH!, I knew that I must have been missing something how did this slip past me; thanks a bunch, no I only have a green at the mo.

Framper

Jan 3, 2020
okay i am all kinds of confused right now so im just gonna ask a bunch of questions and hope some kind soul answers me
1. Which version is better in terms of game content and english translation
2. Whats the point of the mod or like whats in it?
3. Which verion is best overall

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
1. Which version is better in terms of game content and english translation
Define 'game content'. :D In general, for translation I'd say DW 1.01, followed closely by Deranged Dragon Mod (DDM). The others are much worse in that regard.

If 'content' means 'lots of stuff and features', DDM. If it means a relatively straightforward and pleasant game experience, DW 1.01. For some really bizarre stuff when you get bored and can read Russian or tolerate machine translations, DW 1.4.1.

2. Whats the point of the mod or like whats in it?
Autism. :p

If you mean 1.4.1, lots of weird and peripheral stuff like selling girls to the Sultanate, girls having affairs with your lizardmen, quests from the Witch, etc. I haven't played DW for a long while, so I'm slightly blurry on the details.

If you mean DDM and not 1.4.1, the point of that one is to make you tear your hair out. :devilish: Aka turn the original into a moderately tight resource management game. There's a whole changelog in the mod thread, too.

3. Which verion is best overall
Don't believe me, 'cause I'm biased. :sneaky: But my opinion is that DW 1.0.1 is the 'purest' and (maybe) most polished of all the variants. It's also the most restrictive. DDM is at the other end of the spectrum, and the only one still being (slowly) developed.

Framper

Jan 3, 2020
Where is that mod? why cant i find it and is the mod compatible with DW 1.0.1 alongside the boney mod

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Where is that mod?
Here. But it's for the 'reboot' game, Time for Dragons, not Defiler Wings itself. Read my review if you want an outline of how the different versions relate to each other.

why cant i find it
No idea. ? :p

and is the mod compatible with DW 1.0.1 alongside the boney mod
Neither. And Boney mod is mostly superseded by DW 1.4.1, although the Runglish becomes a major obstacle there.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
I dont know why I bother with machine translations. They may as well be a separate language.
That's sort of the charm of it, from a certain POV. The dragon isn't quite fluent in 'human', so he has trouble making sense of all their quirks.

Anyway, 1.01 is relatively free of machine translation, and my mod for the reboot is also trying to (slowwwly) get rid of it.

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Could someone fix the android port
Probably not, since that one's ancient, and Old Huntsman has move on long ago.

"Can't instal" doesn't automatically mean the problem is with the game and not PEBCAK, though. :p

ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
I know it's outside the scope of the thread, so feel free to ignore me, but what did happen to Old Huntsman? As far as I know the games he made are pretty beloved but I haven't heard from him in a while. A quick google does little, since that seems to lead down into rabbit holes in Russian.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

vkozyrev

Jul 2, 2017
I know it's outside the scope of the thread, so feel free to ignore me, but what did happen to Old Huntsman? As far as I know the games he made are pretty beloved but I haven't heard from him in a while. A quick google does little, since that seems to lead down into rabbit holes in Russian.
Take a look at

Jman9

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2019
Maybe it is corrupted because your browser/DL manager/whatever messed up. Maybe your archive software is screwed. Maybe you're using the wrong software. Maybe your OS doesn't match the version. Maybe it's Windows 10 and it's trying to 'improve' something. Maybe the server you downloaded from caught on fire, was then doused with water, and half the files are now fucked.

...did you actually expect anyone do diagnose your problem with such vague information? :cautious:

Try the other file hosts for whichever version you downloaded. If the result still says it's corrupted then the most likely explanation is PEBCAK.

reverendprimal

May 18, 2021
I have a few questions: How do I get the free lands and conquer the mistress? Fight the demon prince? Find goddesses and female thieves?

2.60 star(s) 7 Votes