Swedra

Aug 13, 2018
Yea, I think the pixel-art style is perfectly fine and refreshing as well, if going further theres a risk that the art-style gets too specific, and/or that too much enery is spent on said thing instead of the textual component of the game.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
Along with tentacles, bestiality, and gangrape by schoolgirls with dicks?
Yes, that's exactly how I have sex in real life.
Well, regardless of the other participants' numbers, gender and proclivities, your control of the sexual encounter pretty much boils down (or should boil down) to either scaring the other party off or consenting to such an activity that they are willing to consent to as well. The original poster was not complaining about the presence of fantastic creatures, zoophilic elements or girls with boy's appendages in the game, so these are beside the point.

JenaiyaSovari

Oct 6, 2019
Well, regardless of the other participants' numbers, gender and proclivities, your control of the sexual encounter pretty much boils down (or should boil down) to either scaring the other party off or consenting to such an activity that they are willing to consent to as well. The original poster was not complaining about the presence of fantastic creatures, zoophilic elements or girls with boy's appendages in the game, so these are beside the point.
He was complaining about not being able to be the dominant sexual partner despite his character's trait and capabilities.
Believe it or not, some people aren't into being submissive sex toys in RL.
So yes, my joke still stands as a valid comparison.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
He was complaining about not being able to be the dominant sexual partner despite his character's trait and capabilities.
Believe it or not, some people aren't into being submissive sex toys in RL.
So yes, my joke still stands as a valid comparison.
Even with a dominant approach, you will either scare people off (meaning discourage them from further contact) or have consensual sex. Can you think of any other ususal outcome in real life that would not be rape?

Besides, this game has been in development for so long that by now it should be plain to see that it's not yet another adventure in bending everyone around the MC to their lustful will, quite the opposite. Even with a very wide degree of freedom that DoL offers, which really stands out among other lewd games, it's the NPCs that are the more sexually active agents, thus the initiative is in their hands at most times, with the MC's progress boiling down to getting better at triggering or avoiding certain sexual situations.

Silver258

Mar 3, 2019
So I had this bug happen to me a few minuets ago, "With your hair in her grip, she yanks back your head. She reads the "Free use" writing on your forehead. She speaks. "Good to see sluts come with instructions now." She continues to push your mouth against her small breast. She reads the "Free use" writing on your forehead. She speaks. "I like my sluts signposted." She frots against your thigh while squeezing it with her own. She presses her mouth against your forehead. She reads the "Free use" writing on your forehead. She speaks. "Such lewd writing." The woman who said that was also the woman that wrote it on my characters forehead too.

DD2

Feb 10, 2019
How do i regain purity in the pray room? is it random or do i have to pray there for hours till i get it? ...its hard to regain purity after tentacle rape so the prayer room is my only hope. It's also necessary if you are doing the bun cream job and have to masturbate which also reduces purity. (got to say this chef masturbation is for a purpose, is not a selfish act MC is doing cream buns so it should not be punish, ^.^U)

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
So I had this bug happen to me a few minuets ago...
I've had that bug as well and I think it is a fairly common one, since it happens because there is no check to see if a particular message was written by the same NPC who is reading it. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next update.

Reactions: Silver258

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
How do i regain purity in the pray room? is it random or do i have to pray there for hours till i get it? ...its hard to regain purity after tentacle rape so the prayer room is my only hope. It's also necessary if you are doing the bun cream job and have to masturbate which also reduces purity. (got to say this chef masturbation is for a purpose, is not a selfish act MC is doing cream buns so it should not be punish, ^.^U)
Random based on your "totem". But try the holycross.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Even with a dominant approach, you will either scare people off (meaning discourage them from further contact) or have consensual sex. Can you think of any other ususal outcome in real life that would not be rape?

Besides, this game has been in development for so long that by now it should be plain to see that it's not yet another adventure in bending everyone around the MC to their lustful will, quite the opposite. Even with a very wide degree of freedom that DoL offers, which really stands out among other lewd games, it's the NPCs that are the more sexually active agents, thus the initiative is in their hands at most times, with the MC's progress boiling down to getting better at triggering or avoiding certain sexual situations.
Talking in-game, could it not be added? The PC already can be dominant or defiantly use acts in many events that have been steadly added to the game over the updates. Like with the pillory you can now exposed a locked up peep and i would consider that as being dominant. And you can stare down harrasers in street events if you're defiant enough. So adding more of these elements to the "combat" in the form of controll instead of just violence i don't see as a big ask or would even be out of place.
I of course would say that it shouldn't be accessable of the bat and you would have to "unlock" those actions either through skill growth or training or feats or something but i don't see the idea of it being added as outlandish and even Vrel at this point says it's coming at somepoint because it's one of the 5 big things peeps ask the most for. This game has evolved so much from when i started playing it that it's inclusion wouldn't shock me.

JenaiyaSovari

Oct 6, 2019
Talking in-game, could it not be added? The PC already can be dominant or defiantly use acts in many events that have been steadly added to the game over the updates. Like with the pillory you can now exposed a locked up peep and i would consider that as being dominant. And you can stare down harrasers in street events if you're defiant enough. So adding more of these elements to the "combat" in the form of controll instead of just violence i don't see as a big ask or would even be out of place.
I of course would say that it shouldn't be accessable of the bat and you would have to "unlock" those actions either through skill growth or training or feats or something but i don't see the idea of it being added as outlandish and even Vrel at this point says it's coming at somepoint because it's one of the 5 big things peeps ask the most for. This game has evolved so much from when i started playing it that it's inclusion wouldn't shock me.
I think the issue isn't whether or not it can be included, it's whether or not it should be included.
For one thing, it would be hard to keep things balanced once you gain the ability to take control in more than the small, personal wins that Lewdness stats currently allow.
For another, much of the game is built on the idea that the MC is barely scraping by, and is forced to go to greater and greater lengths to merely remain sane, let alone pay off Bailey. Giving the MC too much control might ruin that premise.

Or maybe it could work, if Vrelnir's smart about it.
I just hope that he doesn't start implementing ideas based on popular demand. Unless of course he actually wants to do it anyway.

Aug 5, 2019
couple ideas:
Allow the parasitic pregnancy to happen in the womb as well.

Maybe have it so that police come looking for you in the forest if you've been away for long enough. Especially since my characters tend to become one of the members of the wolf pack. And have different reactions depending on what you do there. For instance, when you're the pack leader or the pack breeder(when pregnancy is implemented).

Reactions: jackfreedom

Giulio96

Jan 20, 2018
lol what a noob! Giulio96 (nah, am kidding, i start playing the game like a few month old after it was release after fallowing a link in 4chan /d, so it's funny for me to see newbies coming and complain the game is too hard, sorry about that :D ) Save before doing anything like going in the forest, more if you just started the game and have no clue about anything, in your first month you must focus on grinding academic skills at school, so go to school is a MUST, you need money get a job on the docks on weekends, cafe and also learn how to dance. Do not go fully sexcrazy, remember you are playing with a tender innocent person and your actions or the action on him/her will effect their mental state. someone said this was a PTSD simulator, Also you have to define how you are going to play, if you are defiant as i see, i guess you better choose a big body type MC or PC and try cat, or better wolf transformation so you have a huge bite to fend you off attackers.

more in the WIKI page.
Ofc I'm a noob , I had started playing one hour before.. :cry:

I'm fine with hard games too as long as I get to understand how they work ; my experience here was : day 1 at school >other students asking to hang out at the lake >spend time at the lake > try to go back only to get caught by Eden > escape after a lot of trials and being scarred in every possible way ( rip my poor character ; _ ; ) > day spent earning some money and then dancing > get raped at the dancing school and faint >asylum . It made me get pretty damn upset there and then .

Started a new playthrough just now , hopefully things will go better and I'll learn what I'm meant to do .

Idk how I'm going to play just yet...all is new to me .

It seems you have a very interesting play style.
Meeting Eden on day 1 and go to the asylum within an hour? I think that deserves a new feat.
A lot to learn you have. You have already been pointed to the Wiki. Go there it's usually a bit behind but nevertheless quite good.

You cannot run around in Lewdville and try to kick buts. It's your but that's get to be kicked.
Most places are dangerous. The other places are usually more dangerous.
The whole point of the game is to avoid being beaten and raped or learn to cope with it. One way or the other.
Ikr ? Lol .
Guess that was some awful luck on my side . I am checking the wiki every now and then while trying not to spoiler myself too much about the game ( though I have to learn so... ) .

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
...I think the issue isn't whether or not it can be included, it's whether or not it should be included...
...I just hope that he doesn't start implementing ideas based on popular demand. Unless of course he actually wants to do it anyway...
As someone who has followed this game's development for quite some time now, I think it is safe to say that Vrelnir is definitely not inclined to include domineering actions in the encounters. He has commented time and time again on his blog that "maybe" in the future there could be something akin to it, but his main vision is for a submissive game and I 100% respect that... it is his creation after all.

And on that note agreeing with your fist paragraph, it never fails to amuse me that on every single thread of games that are focused on a certain niche (in this case submission), there is always people requesting that the dev should add "vanilla" stuff that you can easily find elsewhere in other games. They request stuff to be added that clearly goes opposite the intended focus of the game, which would dillute the experience as it would make the dev waste time on features that they didn't initially intend to make...

Is it that hard to understand and respect the artistic vision of a game creator? That if you want your vanilla shit you can simply go find it elsewhere in the millions of renpy and rpgm games?

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I think the issue isn't whether or not it can be included, it's whether or not it should be included.
For one thing, it would be hard to keep things balanced once you gain the ability to take control in more than the small, personal wins that Lewdness stats currently allow.
For another, much of the game is built on the idea that the MC is barely scraping by, and is forced to go to greater and greater lengths to merely remain sane, let alone pay off Bailey. Giving the MC too much control might ruin that premise.
A total dominant play style would result in a completely different game. And it would not work out well (IMHO)
But with proper balancing some variation would possible.
And more variation in play style would be good. This is no complain about the current state. There's already a lot of variation!

More control during friendly encounters - if MC has the skills - would not break anything.

Or starting stuff with NPCs if the relation is high enough, like pulling Kylar into the bushes for a change, groping Eden, slipping into Robin's bedroom, etc. It wouldn't break anything either. It "only" requires scripting...

Maybe some customers _want_ to be dominated. Then MC has to learn a new skill. This skill could then be applied in other situations. But always tied to an appropriate cost and/or risk. And trying it in wrong moment would be - umm - inadvisable.

Or if MC has suffered a lot and learned enough they could - instead of drawing a pepper can - go a little Hulk and turn the table on a rapist. Of course this skill must be limited, and "recharged" after use.

Also a transformed MCs could learn additional skills. A wolf can scare attackers. A cat might slip away (leaving some perforations^^). An angel make attackers regret their doings. ...

With all this I do not want to make MC completely dominant. All of these options must be earned and learned. The use must be limited and come with cost.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Or maybe it could work, if Vrelnir's smart about it.
In my examples i show that it has somewhat already been added in at least a limited way if not just to events. Should more be added? For varieties sake i hope so.
For me combat goes either one of two ways in a 1 on 1 encounter, either i deck them in 3 rounds or i get them off in 5 or less. But usually it's just pick an option for a part then spam the "next" button untill i win the way i choose. Having a "defiant" option instead of just "hit" makes more sense from a Roleplaying perspective. And we do get some already like "being able to tell someone you don't want it in hole x" or "degrading them for their looks" both dominant actions that give rewards if done correctly. So we already do have options it's weather we should have MORE of that type(non violent).
Also that "the MC is barely scraping by" might be true at the start but gets thrown out the window pretty quickly after the first month or so once you get access to artifacts that pay $2000 and jobs that pay $200-$400 per hour. So i see it as just another way players can add to the experiance of how THEY want their RP to go.
As someone who has followed this game's development for quite some time now, I think it is safe to say that Vrelnir is definitely not inclined to include domineering actions in the encounters. He has commented time and time again on his blog that "maybe" in the future there could be something akin to it, but his main vision is for a submissive game and I 100% respect that... it is his creation after all.
And on that note agreeing with your fist paragraph, it never fails to amuse me that on every single thread of games that are focused on a certain niche (in this case submission), there is always people requesting that the dev should add "vanilla" stuff that you can easily find elsewhere in other games. They request stuff to be added that clearly goes opposite the intended focus of the game, which would dillute the experience as it would make the dev waste time on features that they didn't initially intend to make...
Is it that hard to understand and respect the artistic vision of a game creator? That if you want your vanilla shit you can simply go find it elsewhere in the millions of renpy and rpgm games?
Definitely is a strong word. Also "maybe" is neither yes or no. And as this kind of Dom stuff has already been added in many events. I wouldn't say Vrel is "inclined" one way or the other, I'd have to ask them for a straight answer on the subject for their current opinion.
And there have been some great things added that i doubt were apart of Vrels intended focus some of which were straight up contributed by others and others are bits of ideas taken from other peeps posts, and peeps don't want it in other games they want it in THIS game which is one of the reasons peeps play this one as it is a more "complete game" with alot to offer everyone, but if you can tell me what the undilluted experience is supposed to be then i'd be greatfull. And of course what the opposite of that would be.
Is it that hard to understand and respect the artistic vision of a game creator? No.
Should that stop me from offering constructive crittisims and offer suggestions that "i" feel would improve apon it regardless of if gets used by the Devs? You decide! You specificaly.

Reactions: Smol Dragon

sinclairl

Nov 13, 2017
There are already a few events in the game that get close to dominant. Obviously being able to turn the tables during a forced encounter wouldn't work, but there's always the chance that the MC can crack and start preying on people who are weaker than they are. Maybe testing the waters by expanding the one exhibition rape scene the MC can observe, allowing the MC to follow up stealing the victim's clothes with a struggle snuggle if certain requirements are met.

jackfreedom

Mar 29, 2018
responding to some of the people who read my other reply about pregnancy. yeah i respect the creator and his game. he can do whatever he wants with it. was just curios if he had any plans to add more pregnancy options and stuff. love the game too by the way, been checking up and playing for 4 or 5 months i think now

4.50 star(s) 187 Votes