Arkus86

Jun 3, 2018
it just simply doesn't make sense from a societal stand point because while I think bailey would in any other circumstance would collect his pound of flesh by any means possible, if bailey was truly making his money of the back of orphans, he would probably just boot those who age out of his orphanage to make room for more asses in beds for a guaranteed income. Not risk upsetting the whole apple cart by whoring them out.
That depends. If Bailey has emty beds anyway (and since it seems every orphan has a full room to themselves and the attic is outright abandoned and forgotten, I don't think they are pressed for space), it would make sense for Bailey to make use of that free space, allowing their orphans extended stay... for a price.
Now add that Bailey seems to have powerful connections in this small town where police is beyond corrupt, and they hardly risk anything by whoring the orphans out.

Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
it would make more sense for bailey to boot your ass out at 18 just to house another orphan for a guranteed income versus expecting you to pay him 2k gbp a week. it would make more sense if you happen to rent from bailey and bailey doesn't give a fuck about laws, it would make alot more sense given that the police doesnt go after rapists but would punish your for self defense.
I don't think it's intended for the player character to be read as >=18 years old in the first place. I mean, officially, sure, but I thought the original story was that they were the equivalent of U.S. middle school (I know shit all about the UK education system!). But in general, I get your point about the circumstances not really holding too terribly well up to close inspection. It's not something I would like to investigate because it's really sad, but I have heard a number of times that orphanages in the Western world tend to be pipelines to prostitution, both child and adult. I'm not exactly sure how that works. Is it the institution itself and/or the people at them that are pushing them into it, or is it just a byproduct of orphans typically not having good adult role-models and close supervision that would keep them away from it in the first place? Or maybe not having any kind of strong safety net in the event of failing as an adult, which they're probably more likely to do given all the apparent disadvantages of being an orphan? I don't know, but DoL seems to play upon these kinds of thoughts. Given that there are legitimate legal issues at play here, I am okay with it being a bit fuzzy and not totally making sense, especially since I do like the vague-ish setting that allows you to walk the line between occupying both a child's and an adult's worlds. That blend of both is a big part of what makes DoL's setting so interesting to me.

Last edited:

ravenhunter

Dec 20, 2017
Can sumeone help me
when I start the game I always get this error message and the images are not displayed

Failed to load image img/body/basehead.png for layer basehead ;
Failed to load image img/hair/sides/default/shoulder.png for layer hair_sides ;
Failed to load image img/body/basenoarms.png for layer base ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/base.png for layer facebase ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/eyes.png for layer eyes ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/sclera.png for layer sclera ;
Failed to load image img/body/leftarmidle.png for layer leftarm ;
Failed to load image img/body/rightarmidle.png for layer rightarm ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/iris_left.png for layer left_iris ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/iris_right.png for layer right_iris ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/eyelids.png for layer eyelids ;
Failed to load image img/body/breasts/breasts1.png for layer breasts ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/lashes.png for layer lashes ;
Failed to load image img/face/default/mouthneutral.png for layer mouth ;
Failed to load image img/clothes/legs/girlsgymsocks/full.png for layer legs ;
Failed to load image img/clothes/under_lower/plainpanties/full_gray.png for layer under_lower ;
Failed to load image img/clothes/feet/schoolshoes/full.png for layer feet ;
Failed to load image img/clothes/lower/sundress/full_gray.png for layer lower ;
Failed to load image img/clothes/upper/sundress/full_gray.png for layer upper_main ;
Failed to load image img/clothes/upper/sundress/1_gray.png for layer upper_breasts ;
Failed to load image img/hair/fringe/default/shoulder.png for layer hair_fringe ;
That happens if you don't unzip the game. Did that by accident.

Reactions: wildfire42
Oct 6, 2019
it would make more sense for bailey to boot your ass out at 18 just to house another orphan for a guranteed income versus expecting you to pay him 2k gbp a week. it would make more sense if you happen to rent from bailey and bailey doesn't give a fuck about laws, it would make alot more sense given that the police doesnt go after rapists but would punish your for self defense.
No, you are not thinking in business terms. Sure, 44k per head should be more than enough to cover the expenses of an orphanage and to provide a tidy bit of profit on top, particularly if the facilities are not kept up properly. Even given the graft, most of that 44k is going into the maintainance of the operation; after all, the place must be kept up in such a way that it can survive an inspection. What is Baily, then, if that is how the orphanage is conducted? Just a well paid, crooked state employee who make the lion's share of profit above the board.

Now think of the orphanage as it is presented in the game--as a proper business enterprise that is maximized for the production of profit. Also, just for the sake of argument, let's say that the orphans are in fact minors. Now, the state would provide that 44k per head for each of them, an unknown fraction of which would be realized as profit. The entire cost associated with the orphans would be covered by that portion of the 44k that is not profit. Thus, any further income that Bailey might acquire from the orphans would be pure profit. At a rate of 104k per head of additional income, Bailey could realize an absolutely extraordinary profit, profit that might be then reinvested into the enterprise that allows this exploitation to continue. From that profit, Bailey could bribe officials, hire enforcers, maintain other profit-making facilities (eg. rape dungeons), which is exactly what it appears Bailey does. The town appears to be run by syndicate between a number of extra-legal business actors, of which Bailey is one. Bailey would have to be running a tremendously profitable enterprise to be able to hang with that crowd. A relatively well-off government employee could not pull that off.

Last edited:

empty sides

Aug 22, 2018
come to think of it, the update might mess up my usual route of escaping bailey, which is run away to eden. Due to the whole children situation. this might have to rework how I play.

LandBeach

Jun 3, 2019
No, you are not thinking in business terms. Sure, 44k per head should be more than enough to cover the expenses of an orphanage and to provide a tidy bit of profit on top, particularly if the facilities are not kept up properly. Even given the graft, most of that 44k is going into the maintainance of the operation; after all, the place must be kept up in such a way that it can survive an inspection. What is Baily, then, if that is how the orphanage is conducted? Just a well paid, crooked state employee who make the lion's share of profit above the board.

Now think of the orphanage as it is presented in the game--as a proper business enterprise that is maximized for the production of profit. Also, just for the sake of argument, let's say that the orphans are in fact minors. Now, the state would provide that 44k per head for each of them, an unknown fraction of which would be realized as profit. The entire cost associated with the orphans would be covered by that portion of the 44k that is not profit. Thus, any further income that Bailey might acquire from the orphans would be pure profit. At a rate of 104k per head of additional income, Bailey could realize an absolutely extraordinary profit, profit that might be then reinvested into the enterprise that allows this exploitation to continue. From that profit, Bailey could bribe officials, hire enforcers, maintain other profit-making facilities (eg. rape dungeons), which is exactly what it appears Bailey does. The town appears to be run by syndicate between a number of extra-legal business actors, of which Bailey is one. Bailey would have to be running a tremendously profitable enterprise to be able to hang with that crowd. A relatively well-off government employee could not pull that off.
The real business is keeping the orphans as labor at most until they have to leave, at which point Bailey makes you rent one of her places and makes sure you're basically a slave to her which makes up for the orphans not doing as much along with less trouble as you'll be an adult and thus have less legal protections or restrictions. Such as needing to go to school and devoting your time to work.

Count_Viraxis

Dec 26, 2018
Hate to be that guy but is there any news or timeframe for the upcoming update?
Its been such a long time although I know it's the big 4.x update, would just love to know how one of my favorite games has been.

crash.7ds

Nov 18, 2018
Vrelnir's last message on Discord was from March 16, so they are still active. Beyond "it's done when it's done", there hasn't been any updates by Vrel about the Preggo update.
Vrel is still responding to posts on his blog site, and much more recently than anywhere else. My END button hates that site with a passion, btw.

Reactions: ExNought
Oct 6, 2019
Hate to be that guy but is there any news or timeframe for the upcoming update?
It appears to currently be in that state where the devs keep thinking that they are almost done before they discover that the new pregnancy mechanic has completely broken some other game function that they had not anticipated, causing them to have to go back and completely fix that function. It's all part of the all-too typical development of the pregnancy mechanic.

Oct 6, 2019
The real business is keeping the orphans as labor at most until they have to leave, at which point Bailey makes you rent one of her places and makes sure you're basically a slave to her which makes up for the orphans not doing as much along with less trouble as you'll be an adult and thus have less legal protections or restrictions. Such as needing to go to school and devoting your time to work.
Forcing young orphaned adults into slavery would be considerably less profitable than doing so with children would be. Without the state paying for the means of subsistence for the adult slaves, that cost would have to be deducted from that roughtly 104k per head that Bailey extracts from the orphans themselves by force. On top of that, the costs associated with maintaining an adult slave workforce is significantly greater than the cost of utilizing child labor, which means that ultimately adult slaves would realize a fraction of the profit that a proper orphan child would, assuming that each generates a similar amount of income.

Adult slaves , at the rates we are talking about, would still likely be profitable enough to keep, but there would be quite a lot of extra expenses that would further eat into Bailey's rate of profit. There is no state system in place to keep adult slaves in bondage beyond the town, which means that escapes would be common, and each escapee would bring trouble that is expensive to deal with back to the town either in the form of a criminal element or in the form of legal hassle. Bailey would need to personally maintain the system that keeps the adult slaves in bondage. The problem with adult slaves has always been that they don't just go away when they are no longer being productive the way that waged laborers do. Keeping them in significant numbers the way that Bailey does thus becomes far more trouble than it is worth. Sure, Bailey could keep an orphanage full of adult slaves, but why? Keeping orphan children has a wildly higher rate of profit and is much safer and more sustainable.

shirt356

Dec 18, 2022
Some questions about sex toys.

1. I'm able to carry and use some of the toys during combats. But for strap-ons there seems to be no way to wear them during combats, neither pick them in hands. The only way I've figured out to use them is to wear them on from the wardrobes in advance of encounters. But you know, it's quite annoying seeing them on PC portrait. So is it really the correct and only way to use strap-ons?

2. I tried to wear anal bead/plug but seems it neither have effects on clothing like strap-ons do, nor change anything during combats. I also imagined it would raise arousal over time like some parasites do, or even something like anal shields which need to be removed during combats, but there's no effects on these aspects too. What's the point of wearing these in current vesion?

3. I've seen interactions using lubes, but haven't found anywhere to use aphrodisiac pills.

As a female PC I'm quite interested in defiling my girl LIs by using these toys, so these mean a lot to me.

Jetstream300

Aug 28, 2018

Degrees of Lewdity but is a game where the player character is always in a unfortunate situation, they will never be able to be the "aggressor"
Define "aggressor", is it like I can't rape other people? Or is it that I can't be the top of the relationship or someone who dominates in a consensual sex scene?

Reactions: Garu81
Aug 22, 2021
Some questions about sex toys.

1. I'm able to carry and use some of the toys during combats. But for strap-ons there seems to be no way to wear them during combats, neither pick them in hands. The only way I've figured out to use them is to wear them on from the wardrobes in advance of encounters. But you know, it's quite annoying seeing them on PC portrait. So is it really the correct and only way to use strap-ons?

2. I tried to wear anal bead/plug but seems it neither have effects on clothing like strap-ons do, nor change anything during combats. I also imagined it would raise arousal over time like some parasites do, or even something like anal shields which need to be removed during combats, but there's no effects on these aspects too. What's the point of wearing these in current vesion?

3. I've seen interactions using lubes, but haven't found anywhere to use aphrodisiac pills.

As a female PC I'm quite interested in defiling my girl LIs by using these toys, so these mean a lot to me.
I can't speak to most of those questions as I have made the same observations and found no workarounds.

Regarding the aphrodisiac pills though, you can choose to swallow one yourself in most places where you can masturbate. I found this particularly helpful when edging the PC to increase fluid capacity and when working at the cafe.

shirt356

Dec 18, 2022
I can't speak to most of those questions as I have made the same observations and found no workarounds.

Regarding the aphrodisiac pills though, you can choose to swallow one yourself in most places where you can masturbate. I found this particularly helpful when edging the PC to increase fluid capacity and when working at the cafe.
Ok, hope the authors will improve it in the future. Thanks for answering my questions anyway!

johnyakuza1

Jun 5, 2022
I love this game. The fact that you start as a Virgin and you can try hard to save it but to no avail.. unfortunately it doesn't depict defloration as well as I thought it would. Needed more blood after breaking the hymen.

BTW the latest update is v0.3.13.5 but this one is very old

Oct 6, 2019
I love this game. The fact that you start as a Virgin and you can try hard to save it but to no avail.. unfortunately it doesn't depict defloration as well as I thought it would. Needed more blood after breaking the hymen.
There isn't really that much blood involved IRL unless she has a condition or you just went in dry like an asshole, but it does put an end to the fun for the night.
BTW the latest update is v0.3.13.5 but this one is very old
Lel, welcome to The Pregnant Pause. We are currently in the second trimester.

4.50 star(s) 186 Votes