whitecode

Nov 1, 2017

notable additions include:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
there will be more, but this is the interesting stuff i've noticed vrel has merged so far
Surprised that Alex will get pregnancy content first, though considering that they are one of the more isolated character it makes sense

Reactions: rf300400

boopx

Apr 28, 2020
I don't usually comment, but is anyone getting a glitch where the skin color is wildly incorrect for the player in combat?

View attachment 2965234

This seems to persist across all 4.x versions for me and across Firefox and Edge. Possibly a new browser standard issue? Kind of scratching my head on this one. Haven't tried on a different computer, but I'm having a tough time imagining how this could be a PC-specific problem.

I also noted terrible performance on Firefox, but that doesn't have much to do with anything here.
Okay, anyone who has been experiencing this issue will be pleased to know I have solved it. The issue lies in the `closeRed/chest` folder's images mistakenly being rendered with some colorspace other than RGB. It's likely that whomever made or updated these images accidentally set the color profile as CMYK or some such.

Because of this, the chest image is mistakenly a more orange red (left) than the correct color (right)

1696031997482.png

When brightness/saturation/hue-shift filters are applied via CSS, this causes the left image to become nearly pale white, or a more gray shade of brown (if you have darker skin). This doesn't seem to be the case for the other shots as those are correctly colored.

This is also why turning of skin color in performance options solves this problem—the skin color option does not use the closeRed images above.

Using , you can set the colorspace of the images in `closeRed/chest` to RGB, which solves this issue.

You can use the below PowerShell command to modify the folder in bulk if on Windows:

Get-ChildItem *.png | ForEach-Object { magick $_.FullName -set colorspace sRGB $_.FullName }

Something like this should work for bash if you use MacOS or Linux (though I haven't observed this problem on those):

for f in *.png; do magick "$f" -set colorspace sRGB "$f"; done

And of course if none of that works, I've repacked my folder for others to use if needed

EDIT: Actually, this only seems to fix it for Firefox. Chrome seems to render the colors incorrectly across the board.

EDIT2: fixes all color issues in Chrome

Last edited:

X Death

Jan 22, 2020
Okay, anyone who has been experiencing this issue will be pleased to know I have solved it. The issue lies in the `closeRed/chest` folder's images mistakenly being rendered with some colorspace other than RGB. It's likely that whomever made or updated these images accidentally set the color profile as CMYK or some such.

Because of this, the chest image is mistakenly a more orange red (left) than the correct color (right)

When brightness/saturation/hue-shift filters are applied via CSS, this causes the left image to become nearly pale white, or a more gray shade of brown (if you have darker skin). This doesn't seem to be the case for the other shots as those are correctly colored.

This is also why turning of skin color in performance options solves this problem—the skin color option does not use the closeRed images above.

Using , you can set the colorspace of the images in `closeRed/chest` to RGB, which solves this issue.

You can use the below PowerShell command to modify the folder in bulk if on Windows:

Get-ChildItem *.png | ForEach-Object { magick $_.FullName -set colorspace sRGB $_.FullName }

Something like this should work for bash if you use MacOS or Linux (though I haven't observed this problem on those):

for f in *.png; do magick "$f" -set colorspace sRGB "$f"; done

And of course if none of that works, I've repacked my folder for others to use if needed

EDIT: Actually, this only seems to fix it for Firefox. Chrome seems to render the colors incorrectly across the board.

EDIT2: fixes all color issues in Chrome
I never thought of this, i think any browser that using chromium is has this problem, i use opera and when i change the color to rgb it changed. good to know.

Bugmenot97

Mar 20, 2021
I remember they were saying combat revamp was going to be their next major update. Was there any news on this matter?
I actually started modding on my own, but put it on pause when they announce that, because I also found the combat system to be horrible, especially because I wanted to add/modify some actions

DenseFool

Oct 30, 2020
I remember they were saying combat revamp was going to be their next major update. Was there any news on this matter?
I actually started modding on my own, but put it on pause when they announce that, because I also found the combat system to be horrible, especially because I wanted to add/modify some actions
Long time from now likely.

Kiyumi

Jun 26, 2022
Vrel just pushed the change notes for 4.2 to git!

Knowing how they usually do this, they'll probably add any final additions now and test it, releasing this probably within a week, possibly 2.

Honestly, the update is much smaller than I hoped... oh well.

Last edited:

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020

Knowing how they usually do this, they'll probably add any final additions now and test it, releasing this probably within a week, possibly 2.

Eh, it's still a lot more than other games. I know one or two that only add oh so few but take way too long to update

Reactions: srg91

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
The fact that 99%-100% of this still put smiles on my face reading through it truly convinces me that I'm down with almost anything at this point. I'm surprised by how much of the customization aspects that appeared in this changelog appealed to me, and now I'm excited for a number of wardrobe changes + some variance in events depending on some of them.

Hopefully this can also mean that I'm very satisfied and appreciative of the smaller parts of the game too. :giggle:

Mar 26, 2019

Did they really had to decriminalise not going to school? They kind of make the game too easy. Wish they would at least make it optional, with a slider or something.

Reactions: Helivesoncemore

X Death

Jan 22, 2020

Nice, cant wait, although i cant see the fix for mayor project that keeps on gone. oh well...

ive add quick fix to the cheat ive made, just in case someone got the same problem.
Download - cheat + server : 31MB, Cheat only : 51KB

or just copy this script below to your browser console

Tannin00

Jul 1, 2017
Until the school is improved to be an interesting long term gameplay element forcing people to sit through it forever is more of a punishment than anything. There is nothing "difficult" about going or being forced to go its just annoying to have to deal with.
Eh... well, as happens in real life, in that sense, I think that the school, except for the lack of greater content of its own (not from the NPCs, of course, there aren´t few of them), it makes sense for it to be heavy and even without benefit, since we´re obviously not kids in the game but "young adults" and therefore our grade is high school, so little or no more at that point we learn more given that it is the last "paradise" before hell of what does university mean.

In addition, there is something that can be done so that the school has greater weight, in this case and in my opinion it would be in the area of history, either to and by "learning" the history of the city, for example, it could be delved deeper and unlock a option to work o participate in the government of a city of this type or on the other hand, to learn more about the underground world below or for another example to learn more about abnormal phenomena such as the ruins, ghost, the red moon or the night monster that whether you like it or not, the basic game even if you cancel all the unnatural options such as monstergirls/boys, transformations and others, the basic game has fantastic elements yes or yes and those that are 100% mandatory, they need in a 1000% to be deepened more...

But of course, if already on top of how heavy it is to maintain the game code, now if one add the weight and danger of adding actual lore, well... instead of now 2 or 3 updates in a year, hopefully we would have 1 and I not know if it was worth it.

DMNDCE

Jun 14, 2017
I was really hoping for those combat sprites but having different body sprites is a good start. Some good changes there.

4.50 star(s) 193 Votes