yandex

Oct 17, 2018
Can't wait. How long does it take to make compressed version after original release?
I myself have been a great appreciator of compressed versions, downloading and playing a number of games in less time, but lately I have felt that compressed versions definitely feel lacking, especially for the games I love, I feel the difference in quality more and more between original and compressed versions.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
I myself have been a great appreciator of compressed versions, downloading and playing a number of games in less time, but lately I have felt that compressed versions definitely feel lacking, especially for the games I love, I feel the difference in quality more and more between original and compressed versions.
it all depends on the source - if the source is webp processed already, then compressing/reducing size further certainly impact quality, particularly on the larger monitors/screens.
yet, if the source happens to be quality raw jpg,png, etc..images, then compressing, ie webp processing, assuming quality settings are higher (85-90), hasnt that much impact on images quality at all. ;)

Reactions: soukunsenpai

yandex

Oct 17, 2018
it all depends on the source - if the source is webp processed already, then compressing/reducing size further certainly impact quality, particularly on the larger monitors/screens.
yet, if the source happens to be quality raw jpg,png, etc..images, then compressing, ie webp processing, assuming quality settings are higher (85-90), hasnt that much impact on images quality at all. ;)
I myself am an avid image collector and as i dont have much storage capacity and collect a lot, i compress images, changing resolution and reducing to 80% quality hardly makes any noticeable difference (unless zoomed in beyond max resolution) and reduces size drastically, currently i am on a pretty small screen 720p, but even on this screen i feel a quite noticeable difference in quality of compressed games since i compared them with original ones, I have since taken to downloading full games in order to fully appreciate the games. Maybe as you say it depends on the source, maybe the compressors try to squeeze out every last bit, each to their own, just want to say if possible to download original games, go for it, comparing side by side there IS a noticeable difference, enough for me to not fully enjoy the game (even on a small screen)

Claudio83

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016

Here it is! Deliverance Chapter VIII release for 10$+ Patrons. Let's get right into it!

Changelog:
- 939 renders, 17 animations,
- 4 new music tracks,

Links:
PC:
MAC:
ANDROID:

Walkthrough: by

Let me know what you think of the new update!
Enjoy!

Zoey Raven

Game Developer/Walkthrough/Guide Maker
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 31, 2019

Here it is! Deliverance Chapter VIII release for 10$+ Patrons. Let's get right into it!

Changelog:
- 939 renders, 17 animations,
- 4 new music tracks,

Links:
PC: MEGA
MAC: MEGA
ANDROID: MEGA

Walkthrough: by

Let me know what you think of the new update!
Enjoy!
Just updated the walkthrough post so it's on here now (unless you want to go look on my Patreon, lots of cool stuff there!) :)

4.30 star(s) 179 Votes