Unity Abandoned Delivery Pilot Dreams and Debts [v0.8] [Acac]

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
TitleScreen2.png

Overview:
She's a private pilot for hire. But she also has a massive debt. Help her clear her debt and become a free woman.

Delivery Pilot is a reverse dating-sim, where the protagonist must offer lewd favours to build relationships and thus make money. Each week, she has to repay part of her loan, and amount grows each time. Can she make money fast enough to clear her debt?
Thread Updated: 2022-12-31
Release Date: 2022-12-31
Developer: AcacGames - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.8
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Scenes List (Spoilers):

Developer's Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win32: - - - -
Win64: - - - -

Extras: -

20220918-2.JPG 20220728 - 1.JPG 20220728 - 2.JPG 20220728 - 3.JPG 20220728 - 4.JPG 20220728 - 5.JPG 20221028-1.JPG 20220728 - 6.JPG
20221231-1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Tinstaafl

Dec 20, 2018
I actually believe, that the framework of this game has some potential, but at the current state it's definitely not worth playing.

After probably 2h+ of playing and being able to unlock at least 2 higher level officers, I've lost at 12.44k repayment (probably close to day 90 and repaying like 8% of the original debt) before (as I assume) unlocking any more serious content. The options, by which you can influence your earning and prevent bankruptcy, are so limited for now, that loosing (more of when, than if) is almost entirely a matter of luck.

Combining this with restricted autosave feature, making it impossible to save scum, and with the current balancing, it makes it a hardcore roguelike with not enough content to justify any replayability and without even any satisfactory ending. C'mon, Mr. Loan Shark, this is a lewd game, and when she can't pay her debt you just take away her ship without even enslaving her?

A lot of things will need to be improved and added, before this game is worth playing. First of all the grindfest needs to be seriously limited. Eliminating unnecessary "Finished" clicking and changing at least the ship interface, making it unnecessary to go to living room before getting to cockpit and to loading bay are the most obvious changes to be made. Actually, with a pretty limited number of locations (3 on ship and 7 or 8 when visiting starports), all of them should just have permanent shortcuts in the interface, with those inapplicable at the given moment either grayed out or obscured. Also, in my opinion, the strict roguelike formula will not work here - bankruptcy should have some serious lewd effect instead of just ending the game and erasing all the progress.

Good luck in further development :) .

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Gotta agree with Tinstaafl (which was TANSTAAFL when Heinlein introduced it :) ) that the game has potential, but the limited game length and reliance on randomness works against it.

I liked the way choices were balanced between getting more money for a given mission from someone who knows the MC versus getting less money but more reputation with higher-level officers that would give you better missions in the future. I didn't like the 5-day interval between loan repayments, because that meant that a single planet with no jobs for a day meant that the loan would default for that period.

I liked that the loan payment values went up over time, but didn't like that this wasn't really balanced against what could be earned over time, meaning that the game was just a matter of delaying the day you lost.

I liked the idea of balancing morale against income, but don;t think that it worked in this iteration. Morale was never a problem, and income was always a problem. I'd work in something like prostitution or smuggling that could make money at the cost of morale.

The sexual harassment stuff was good, but it had no impact on play. Graphics were crude but worked for something at this level of development. If there is any actual sexual content, it proved too hard to get to for me. Maybe a cheat menu or not actually ending the game when "lost" would get the game better reviews.

So, this worked for me as a tech demo, but not really even an alpha version. I'll be interested to see where it goes. GL with this.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Hmmm, I made it to day 61 in the first attempt - with a lot of eternally same.

What strikes me negatively, apart from the eternally same grind, is that the game still seems to have some bugs.
For example, a major doesn't want to talk to me, even though I have one subordinate at relationship level 2 and the other even at level 3. Requested however are two with at least level 2. Request fulfilled, no action possible.

I now had to earn over 10k credits every 5 days. But I had only three people until then, who offered me around 2,600 credits per order.
On the one hand, I had to be at the right station to get one of the three, and on the other hand, from day 40 on, it happened more and more that I couldn't land an order at all.
Here there was room for additional work. For example, in the bar or similar frivolous places.

On a positive note, the automatic nature of the visit rules for the individual stations or people. It would be too confusing to have to keep every single arrangement in mind here and to have to produce the dress code in the inventory.

If there is more balance between merit and debt rates, more earning options, and some placeholder pictures are replaced with real drawings, the game still won't be a gem of the genre, but it would help the replayability immensely, because currently I wouldn't start a second attempt to last longer than day 61.
Also, some unnecessary clicks should be abolished. Yes, it would be logical to enter the cargo area from the cockpit first and then check the cargo. But why switch back to the staging area to leave the ship? I think 5 clicks could easily be saved in the daily routine.

Translated with (free version)

Reactions: acac

Ashani

Nov 1, 2017
Hmmm, I made it to day 61 in the first attempt - with a lot of eternally same.
Similar situation - on 4th attempt managed to survive till 120~ days while paying about a quarter of debt.

What strikes me negatively, apart from the eternally same grind, is that the game still seems to have some bugs.
For example, a major doesn't want to talk to me, even though I have one subordinate at relationship level 2 and the other even at level 3. Requested however are two with at least level 2. Request fulfilled, no action possible.
Didn't encounter such a situation, managed to befriend two majors and grinded one to 6th lvl relationship and once had a job paying a whooping 16k sadly jobs became less and less profitable with passing time...

I now had to earn over 10k credits every 5 days. But I had only three people until then, who offered me around 2,600 credits per order.
On the one hand, I had to be at the right station to get one of the three, and on the other hand, from day 40 on, it happened more and more that I couldn't land an order at all.
Here there was room for additional work. For example, in the bar or similar frivolous places.
Also noticed officers offering less and less jobs with passing time, majority of them being low paying ones. I'd suggest better paying jobs becomming more common, and worse paying jobs less common with each relationship level.

On a positive note, the automatic nature of the visit rules for the individual stations or people. It would be too confusing to have to keep every single arrangement in mind here and to have to produce the dress code in the inventory.
As a person who have weakness for outfit system I'm all in, hoping for it to become more than just a visual change

If there is more balance between merit and debt rates, more earning options, and some placeholder pictures are replaced with real drawings, the game still won't be a gem of the genre, but it would help the replayability immensely, because currently I wouldn't start a second attempt to last longer than day 61.
Also, some unnecessary clicks should be abolished. Yes, it would be logical to enter the cargo area from the cockpit first and then check the cargo. But why switch back to the staging area to leave the ship? I think 5 clicks could easily be saved in the daily routine.

Translated with (free version)
Agreed with simplifying clicking stuff, more money earning opportunities, and better art assets - especially for MC. Completely disagreeing with gem of genre because... this genere could be called Delivery Pilot - no other game have touched such concept as far as I'm aware. Also defo seeing gameplay becomming less repetive with some improvements - with gameplay itself having pretty solid foundation.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Checking out the dev, this game system is one he's using in several games, so maybe he doesn't have a lot of options to skip clicks. I agree that there are a large number of clicks that are unnecessary and wouldn't appear in the ideal version of this game.

Mercedes

Nov 19, 2017
Checking out the dev, this game system is one he's using in several games, so maybe he doesn't have a lot of options to skip clicks. I agree that there are a large number of clicks that are unnecessary and wouldn't appear in the ideal version of this game.
In several?
What other games by him are there?

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
In several?
What other games by him are there?
Kinda. The first game I made in Unity was Darkmorrow Arena, which you can find on F95 and Newgrounds. Back then, I did make the UI.

Since then, I kinda just took the UI I already made for Darkmorrow and then plonked it down on future games, including Delivery Pilot and some others that I haven't shared. I could redo the UI in this game, but it would take a while. I think it's probably worth doing, but I wanna make sure the flow of the game is ironed out, first.

There's another game I worked on even further back, Called Demon Hunt: Mournholm Castle. That one wasn't made on Unity, so there wasn't much I could transfer over from that one (other than design ideas).

boobthief

May 25, 2017
Really good start!

I played for a long time like some slot machine addicted degenerate, rapidly clicking the patterns of buttons to progress.

As others have mentioned, the financial management is basically unfair. It's like multiple pyramid schemes that you joined all at the bottom. The game would reward you for playing tactically for following paths (choosing the specific Captains who report to a Major who report to a Colonel) up the pyramid but factor in the RNG and mathematically you will run out of money before you get there. I think the best way to solve this would the officers offering multiple missions so you can build up the relationships in intelligent path(s) up the pyramid.

I strongly dislike the game over mechanic from either losing (running out of stats) or winning (paying off your loan), similar to the previous game Darkmorrow Arena, which I think ruins a game. It's essentially permadeath, which sucks if you feel your time was wasted (you didn't learn anything you were just unlucky in RNG).

I think there should be opportunities to win or lose money e.g. games of chance in the bar, side missions, smuggling, piracy.

RNG morale loss would make more sense if it were better explained in text e.g. based on previous events and if you had a chance to offset the loss by boosting another stat e.g. corruption.

Without looking to offend based on developer's choices, I've no idea why this was made with Unity. RenPy and SugarCube offer the story-telling engine without needing to waste time creating the story-telling engine itself. Just thought I'd throw that out there if you feel you're spending time that could be better spent producing new content.

Hope to see more updates - this is a potentially great idea!

Ashani

Nov 1, 2017
  1. Add morning scenes in the beginning of that game, that should succinctly explain ranks, how pay scales for missions, and hopefully give the player some direction and things to think about. Right now, I don't think what the player can do is being signaled well to the player.
  2. Add some labels for officers. Currently, there are 6 personalities that affect morale, pay and scenes. By giving them labels, it should help the player make more informed decisions.
How would those morning scenes look/work like ?

Labels would help a lot + I would also suggest some kind of officer hierarchy display like:
1647984709415.png

1. Make officers have 100% chance of giving missions (unless their subordinates don't know the MC well). Currently, it's set to 60%. I thought it might be fun, but in practice it's pretty anti-fun.
  2. Add a bonus system. Each playthrough will have one or two big but situational, randomly rolled bonuses (can be re-rolled). For example, 50% more income for missions from Yellow stations.
  3. Minor tweaks, including making one of the officers pay a bit more (but also cause more morale loss).
Some randomness is still fun, maybe make at least single officer on station give missions ?

Great idea with bonus system ! Though could be improved with situational events - like blockade/accident events etc. Or even more ambitiously - economy simulation with supply and demand.

Tweaks making paying more - maybe additional officer trait with neutral/greedy/generous payments ? Also could be affected by certain deals, like if MC went on paid date same officer is willing to pay a small bonus for next assignment, or maybe dressing up to certain officers liking for small bonus payment or better missions. Also suggest low paying missions being less and less common with relationship level increase, and high paying ones becomming more common.
  1. Add morning scenes, where unnamed NPCs will harass the MC if she isn't fully modest in her attire. The chance of this occurring will be based on how scandalous she looks.
  2. Unlock all her outfit pieces, as higher level obligations. To get these obligations, her relationship level with officers have to be higher.
  3. Add a dress-up/undress system. Something I really want to add is having the player go through the outfit steps that the MC has to go through, due to the her obligations the player has chosen. If it's deeply unpopular, I'll add a skip button.
  4. Add many more lewd scenes further down the track, maybe version 0.3 or later.
Would morning scenes work like Cargo bay scenes ?

What does it mean 'Unlock all her outfit pieces' ? Meaning completely nude ? Or every outfit piece to be up to officer liking ?

What does it mean 'having the player go through the outfit steps that the MC has to go through' ? Meaning there's linear outfit skimpification ? like Trousers --> Office Skirt --> Mini skirt, etc. ?
Also want to once again mention I love the dress up systems a lot.

More scenes in the mood of current humiliation scenes ? Yes please !
  1. When the MC has a mission, entering the vessel can take the player directly to the cargo hold.
  2. When the Cargo hold is inspected, the return button could take the player directly to the cockpit.
  3. When leaving the cockpit in the evening with an ongoing mission, the player will be directly taken to the cargo hold.
  4. Look into adding more and on-brand sound effects and controls.
  5. Unfortunately, there's not much I can do here, right now. I could redo the UI, and I might do so some day. But, this will be a big job.
I'd see Cargo hold as main 'hub' of the ship treated as both entry and egress.

If cargo is to be treated as main hub there should be direct option to enter the cockpit, and simplify travel

Additional sound effects and controls wouldn't hurt

Regarding UI it's understandable - baby steps until it's polished ;)

1. Cannot manually save and load. Unfortunately, this is not likely to change. It's a design choice I like and it would be too hard to switch now. What I can do instead is try to balance the game around this fact and the "Iron Woman" design.
  2. Too Grindy. Unfortunately, this is true. This also doesn't work well with an "Iron Woman" style game. In those kinds of games, you'd typically like to die fast and try again. However, this is meant to be a long experience. You don't have to do it in a single sitting. I hope that it's still fun for some people, to see how far they can go, even if they don't beat the game. That's why I've added the archive. I also hope to make the journey more fun with more lewd scenes in the future.
I like this design philosophy personally, and hope for it to stay ;)

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
not allowing manual saves can be a risky propostition, i personally like to be in control of saving plus you might want to cut down on the amount of clicking to complete misions, also the game seem to feature a neverending increasing debt scenario (until you cant cover the payment enough time) its a really fun game but could be better mainly if the debt system didnt overwhelm job opportunities/payment and the morale system could use some rebalancing (unless your really careful/lucky its too easy for it to go zero/negative, espcially as traveling lowers it as well as events)

Last edited:

acac

Game Developer
Jun 22, 2018
Thank you for the feedback and kind words, everyone!

It's like multiple pyramid schemes
This is my favorite description of this game, thank you, lol

Without looking to offend based on developer's choices, I've no idea why this was made with Unity. RenPy and SugarCube offer the story-telling engine without needing to waste time creating the story-telling engine itself.
No offense taken. I’m actually a C# programmer. I’m not really a writer (although I wish I was). I’ve tried Twine and I considered RenPy. Ultimately, picking up Unity seemed a lot easier than learning python. Also, I liked how much control I have in Unity. In my last game, I wanted to make a lot of my own RPG mechanics and crafting mechanics and levelling mechanics, and it was just easy to do with Unity and C#. And, due to the nature of Unity, once I built the UI for one game, it’s very easy to copy paste it into the next game (although with not stellar results, sometimes…). Lastly, I really, really wanted “Iron Woman” mode saving system, so that was easy to make on Unity, lol.

Unity is really easy to learn. I encourage everyone to try it. You’ll go from downloading Unity to playing a 3D real-time game in about 2 hours with the right free tutorials.

What does it mean 'Unlock all her outfit pieces' ? Meaning completely nude ? Or every outfit piece to be up to officer liking ?
Yep, that's the idea. In practice it probably won't be completely nude. But it might get to a point where she's not wearing a shirt anymore. Or maybe she isn’t wearing any panties under her miniskirt. It's all up to the officers, though. My hope is that morning events will lean into this. Maybe once in a while, as she walks towards the office, a maintenance staffer flips her skirt, showing everyone what’s underneath.

What does it mean 'having the player go through the outfit steps that the MC has to go through' ? Meaning there's linear outfit skimpification ? like Trousers --> Office Skirt --> Mini skirt, etc. ?
Also want to once again mention I love the dress up systems a lot.
So, this is one of the earliest ideas I wanted to make. It’s actually inspired by a twine game called FightClubReborn. The idea is that there’s an outfit the MC is comfortable wearing. Translated to the player, it would be a single click to put it on, and then go on to the next event. But, maybe an officer wants her to wear make-up everyday on that station. This is annoying to her, but it’s also annoying to the player, because they have to click an extra click, to put the MC’s make-up on. Then, if she has to take off her pants, take off her comfortable panties, put on a sexy black thong, and then slip on an effeminate skirt, that’s something I want the player to slog through (with clicks - take off, take off, put on, put on), just like the MC is. I think this can be fun, but it can be grindy and annoying for some. I might make this, but also put a skip button to the corner, and leave it up to you what you want to do.

Last edited:

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
So, this is one of the earliest ideas I wanted to make. It’s actually inspired by a twine game called FightClubReborn. The idea is that there’s an outfit the MC is comfortable wearing. Translated to the player, it would be a single click to put it on, and then go on to the next event. But, maybe an officer wants her to wear make-up everyday on that station. This is annoying to her, but it’s also annoying to the player, because they have to click an extra click, to put the MC’s make-up on. Then, if she has to take off her pants, take off her comfortable panties, put on a sexy black thong, and then slip on an effeminate skirt, that’s something I want the player to slog through (with clicks - take off, take off, put on, put on), just like the MC is. I think this can be fun, but it can be grindy and annoying for some. I might make this, but also put a skip button to the corner, and leave it up to you what you want to do.
You might even want to have the choice of how she dresses influence some of the officers in terms of hw much they will pay - some positively, some negatively, with it being consistent for each officer. I also like the idea of every captain having a job every day, so the player has to make strategic decisions about whose cargo to take, rather than the player usually just be stuck with taking the job that is available.

Reactions: Ashani and acac

Ashani

Nov 1, 2017
This is my favorite description of this game, thank you, lol
+1 to that :D

Yep, that's the idea. In practice it probably won't be completely nude. But it might get to a point where she's not wearing a shirt anymore. Or maybe she isn’t wearing any panties under her miniskirt. It's all up to the officers, though. My hope is that morning events will lean into this. Maybe once in a while, as she walks towards the office, a maintenance staffer flips her skirt, showing everyone what’s underneath.
Oh my, skirt flipping sounds great. Could even be expanded to different reactions depending on what's underneath. Or trying to pull down her shirt.

Also maybe outfit selection/vows could impact more scenes:
Dates - different reactions/outcomes based on outfit selection - including some cash/relationship increase/rare contract offer/date being more obnoxius, etc.
Relax - Chance of positive/negative events similar as above. Could be events with meeting officers relaxing as well. MC would have much higher chances for good/bad events in the pool wearing slutty bikini over boring one piece (Maybe vow negotiable as well ?).
Passengers - Special outfit/behavior set when carrying&checking passengers (during occassional autopilot break ?) - for potential additional rewards
Unloading - Cargo crew may enter a deal with officer to make unloading a little more interesting/cut cost for officers (MC outfits/behaviors)(Vow enfored)
Sleeping - Probably exaggering here but whatever - During the sleep there could be an fire alarm or just emergency training and MC would have to ran out of ship dressed in whatever she was sleeping in (once again Vow regulated)

Annoyance of dressing/undressing will fit well with Iron-Woman kind of setting :D
Thought you'd go for a more organic kind of outfit progression. Meaning more variants for progression, bottoms for example: like shorts --> Hotpants as an alternative to skirt route. Similarly with multiple tops up to a skimpy bikini. Also spice up atmosphere with stuff like piercings/garter belts/net stockings/even remote controlled vibrator lingerie.

You might even want to have the choice of how she dresses influence some of the officers in terms of hw much they will pay - some positively, some negatively, with it being consistent for each officer.
Sooo let's say one officer orders her to walk in skirts, while other guys dislikes skirts and will pay her less ? Sounds good. Maybe some sort of captain rivalry ?

I also like the idea of every captain having a job every day, so the player has to make strategic decisions about whose cargo to take, rather than the player usually just be stuck with taking the job that is available.
Regarding jobs every day I'm not entirely convinced - I mean what would stop you from ignoring Captains once you get access to Majors ?

MoolaMoona1

Jan 1, 2019
I do love games that focus on the what, rather than the how. You are girl. You must make money. You get groped and undressed. That and some rudimentary drawings are all I need, really. Why waste time say lot word, when few word do trick?

I literally can't win, and traveling takes way too many clicks, though.

Reactions: acac and Ashani

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Regarding jobs every day I'm not entirely convinced - I mean what would stop you from ignoring Captains once you get access to Majors ?
Agreed. That's why I restricted my recommendation to captains. My argument is that, if you have to pay every five days, a day with no cargo likely means a 5day where you can't pay the loan. Lengthen the loan period, and it's likelier that you can make up for a lost day by getting a really good cargo.

Reactions: Ashani

Ashani

Nov 1, 2017
Agreed. That's why I restricted my recommendation to captains. My argument is that, if you have to pay every five days, a day with no cargo likely means a 5day where you can't pay the loan. Lengthen the loan period, and it's likelier that you can make up for a lost day by getting a really good cargo.
Well I believe with higher relations/more vows and more events(typed some examples above) accounting for payment, even 60% mission occurrence is okay - though with at least one mission guaranteed on each station.

I do love games that focus on the what, rather than the how. You are girl. You must make money. You get groped and undressed. That and some rudimentary drawings are all I need, really. Why waste time say lot word, when few word do trick?
I personally love text descriptions of how's the mc treated/feeling about it. Pics are just icing on the cake ;)
Like I got impression she's becoming more accepting the more she got harassed in cargo - which is perfect

2.70 star(s) 6 Votes