PinkiCannon

Jun 13, 2020
Anyone else having a consistent crash when trying to go to the City Outskirts? I'm reading that v20 is generally a bad release so I'm not sure if it's that or something else

mrme

Nov 8, 2017
You guys ever played Duke Nukem 3D? Old game, had some cool erotic things in it, like strippers showing boobs, and girls encased in alien pods being milked or impregnated, I dunno there was no explanation. Apparently aliens were kidnapping human females, no explanation I think.
Anyway, you saying this made me remember them moaning, would be cool having something like that, some place with girls stuck into machines or pods being filled with eggs and birthing them, being milked, or just endless made to orgasm.
And that's why I said so many times already this game has so much potential, but I really doubt it'll ever get there at this pace.
I remember that.
I also remember a flash game made by some dude obsessed with those images

1728219841528.png

DudeBro79

Jun 8, 2020
I remember that.
I also remember a flash game made by some dude obsessed with those images

View attachment 4105316
That guy's responsible for the art in arguably the best Duke3d mod these days, Alien Armageddon. He spent a ton of time basically modeling and re-spriting the captured women so they could be seen from multiple angles. Also the mod allows you to rescue them.
SPOILER_duke0000.png

Reactions: Horny_Baum

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Anyone else having a consistent crash when trying to go to the City Outskirts? I'm reading that v20 is generally a bad release so I'm not sure if it's that or something else
It's probably just the same object issue we all posted about. Just use Kekpuker's script and add this to your engine.ini:
Code:
[/script/engine.garbagecollectionsettings]
gc.MaxObjectsInEditor=2000000
gc.MaxObjectsInGame=2000000
gc.MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=0
gc.ActorClusteringEnabled=True
gc.BlueprintClusteringEnabled=True
gc.MultithreadedDestructionEnabled=1
gc.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=30
gc.NumRetriesBeforeForcingGC=0
gc.MinDesiredObjectsPerSubTask=2500
I'm mostly certain you'll be able to play, moving between maps and all.

Btw, Coolant_Leak, tested this again yesterday, lowered the GC Max Objects all the way down to 2kk! And it's working flawlessly now. I think the trick was the NumRetriesBeforeForcingGC, at 1 it still failed and gave the engine time to flood too many objects past the MaxObjects vars, now I'm using even lower numbers than the default, and no more crashes nor loading different areas problems.
Also, all texture problems are simply straight gone, no more random blurry rocks or objects. Nothing of it was supposed to fix it, but as I said before, maybe the engine has some "stop streaming shit when there's too much shit" preventing it. I dunno, me dumb.

Know what? We should charge the dev for bruteforce debugging AND working around quick fixes for his fucking mess hahahahaha
Sigh, what one won't do for a pussy...
That guy's responsible for the art in arguably the best Duke3d mod these days, Alien Armageddon. He spent a ton of time basically modeling and re-spriting the captured women so they could be seen from multiple angles. Also the mod allows you to rescue them.
View attachment 4105424
Wow, that escalated quickly hahahahaha, never knew those existed. It was fucking mean that when you tried to break the girls free they just exploded. Nice someone was bothered enough to make a mod to free them, since, well, Duke is supposed to be the good guy, right? He's the epitome of a fucked up american bigot, but still, the "good guy" there.

Last edited:

Shiey420

Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, dev surely have to do some debugging soon before its too late. Game runs like shit on even higher end hardware let alone something mid-tier. Crashing just makes it worse.

GanjiangMoye

Mar 24, 2024
Yeah, dev surely have to do some debugging soon before its too late. Game runs like shit on even higher end hardware let alone something mid-tier. Crashing just makes it worse.
i didnt have any problem with my laptop i dont understand why you have some weird crash

mamaboiii

Oct 13, 2018
Then congrats, you're the exception not the rule. Most people here do have problems with this game, especially the last 20.2 version.
Or maybe those that have performance issues post their grievances and those that can still run the game fine have no reason to. The game was always very demanding and on my machine nothing (noticeably) changed in regards to performance.

Shiey420

Nov 12, 2018
i didnt have any problem with my laptop i dont understand why you have some weird crash
Temps and clocks are "fine" as far as a laptop can go but for some reason its just runs so much worse on even dogshit quality and i dont know the reason behind it.
Its a 4800h+3050ti with 32gb ram btw.

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
Or maybe those that have performance issues post their grievances and those that can still run the game fine have no reason to. The game was always very demanding and on my machine nothing (noticeably) changed in regards to performance.
After spending so much time tweaking engine .inis and seeing other people posting the MaxNumObjects crash, I find highly unlikely this is a "vocal minority" situation.
This crash consistently happens/happened in many other UE5 games, exact same MaxNumObjects crash popup, exact same default limit of 2162688 triggering it. They all have/had the same exact workaround, enforcing the GC or increrasing the GC's number. Don't believe me? Search for UE and 2162688 and look at the results.

I think if this was the exception, not the rule, it would be quite hard and rare to find, don't you?

MunchTop

Oct 25, 2023
It's probably just the same object issue we all posted about. Just use Kekpuker's script and add this to your engine.ini:
Code:
[/script/engine.garbagecollectionsettings]
gc.MaxObjectsInEditor=2000000
gc.MaxObjectsInGame=2000000
gc.MaxObjectsNotConsideredByGC=0
gc.ActorClusteringEnabled=True
gc.BlueprintClusteringEnabled=True
gc.MultithreadedDestructionEnabled=1
gc.TimeBetweenPurgingPendingKillObjects=30
gc.NumRetriesBeforeForcingGC=0
gc.MinDesiredObjectsPerSubTask=2500
I'm mostly certain you'll be able to play, moving between maps and all.
I added that script to engine.ini but now I'm getting this error. What did I do wrong?

Astcit

Jan 14, 2021
I added that script to engine.ini but now I'm getting this error. What did I do wrong?
It's saying 65536 objects, the UE default is 2162688, and mine on that reccomendation you quoted is 2000000.
So either you changed the number, or I don't know. You sure you put that on the right file, in the right place?

3.60 star(s) 57 Votes