DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Cheat engine is often the simplest and quickest way to deal with these types of grind-stat games.

Reactions: rev_10

InTheWoods

Apr 13, 2022

Split(6gb)
Part1: - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD
Part2: - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD
Part3: - MEGA - WORKUPLOAD

Why create a multi-part RAR containing a single ZIP file? This takes twice as much disk space and CPU time to decompress. The easier way to do it would be to just create a multi-part ZIP file. Pretty much all compression software can do that, but an example using 7zip:

1671473997524.png

Reactions: Stringy Bob

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
The two letdowns for me is terrible controls and the lack of saving. I don't often have an hour to sit down and do a complete demo in one sitting. If I hit a crash bug or freeze, then I have to redo that entire hour. No thanks.

Anyone have a video of the tentacle scene? I don't have the time in my day to play for over an hour on a game in one sitting...

Cornelius Igarashi

Dec 20, 2022
"This app can't run on your PC"
"To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

Any suggestions? I'm running on Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, build 22621.963.

Screenshot_20221220_030539.png

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
"This app can't run on your PC"
"To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

Any suggestions? I'm running on Windows 11 Home, version 22H2, build 22621.963.

View attachment 2251185
Have you tried running it in Compatibility Mode and selecting either Windows 8 or 10? Worth a try if you haven't. Not sure what else might be causing it other than W11 being fickle.

Also, welcome to the forum (y)

aquiro

May 29, 2018
Have you tried running it in Compatibility Mode and selecting either Windows 8 or 10? Worth a try if you haven't. Not sure what else might be causing it other than W11 being fickle.

What worked for me was running the Executable burried in the Binaries folder.

..\Deluded_v0.1_default\SRTE\Binaries\Win64\SRTE.exe

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
massoblivion ;

If there was 5 features to suggest, they would be:

1] Object Highlighting = Highlight containers that can be looted, objects that can be interacted with, people that can be talked to. Would greatly reduce tediousness of trying to find a specific something in the environment. Then change its color, if its been looted once already or eliminate it entirely if it is empty.

2] Change the Camera Viewport Angle = The nausea I get from playing it is entirely due to the angle and the camera bobbing. It might be more "realistic" but I prefer "functional / practical" over "realistic". There are a lot of good third person cameras to take inspiration from, such as Rise of the Tomb Raider, WH40k Space Marine, or Gears of War. Move the camera angle for walking and running to something like them, and it would eliminate a lot of the problems I have with it.

3] Eliminate the Need for Stat Grinding = Make it so that you can do the activity at any stat level, but give more benefits the closer you are to maximum. That way, doing more of the activity will make you better at it, but you aren't locked out of content because your stat is too low. Very few games are enjoyable when you have to grind stats or skills. For example, Skyrim, you can do basically any activity at the lowest skill level, but being higher in a skill, will just make it easier to do it. Whereas, in Fallout 3, if your computer skill is too low, you don't even get the chance to hack a higher grade computer.

4] Eliminate Input Delay = I've noticed that for interaction and even starting to walk there is like a 250 ms delay before doing the action. Some things have even greater delay, such as sprinting; I hold down shift and then after 1000 ms I start running. This combined with the camera angle makes for very frustrating control experiences. Turning the character is especially problematic as it sometimes reads the turn too fast and the camera swings violently, and other times it is too slow and then it runs into a situation where I turn right, but then turn left, so then it turns right when I wanted to turn left.

5] Eliminate Timed Dialogue Responses = Everyone hated them in Mass Effect, so learn from their mistakes and remove them. Most of the time, the interactions don't even need to be a quick response... its not like in Mass Effect 2 where you had a short time window to do a Renegade action. There is no benefit to responding quickly in the situations in this game, and honestly, the text is quite small and it takes time to read all the options. I'm a fast reader, and even for me, I'd lose 50% to 60% of the time on the bar, reading the text.

I do like the art style, animations and such, but I can't really play it for more than 15 minutes before the nausea overwhelms me and I quit. And without saving of any kind, if I quit after 15 minutes, I have to redo all 15 minutes the next time I sit down.

Reactions: LDV and rev_10

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
2] Change the Camera Viewport Angle
5] Eliminate Timed Dialogue Responses
For these 2 I totally agree!

1] Object Highlighting
Could be useful but I don't really see the need for it. You have a crosshair and an interaction icon appears when close and over an object. If you disable the crosshair the icon still appears when looking at an object.
3] Eliminate the Need for Stat Grinding
Yes, but it's a first release so maybe it'll be better in the future versions.
4] Eliminate Input Delay
I didn't notice it that much, or at all.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
For these 2 I totally agree!

Could be useful but I don't really see the need for it. You have a crosshair and an interaction icon appears when close and over an object. If you disable the crosshair the icon still appears when looking at an object.

Yes, but it's a first release so maybe it'll be better in the future versions.

I didn't notice it that much, or at all.
Well I've noticed several situations with the interaction icon, where it will appear when you are in the general vicinity of an interactable. So you click to interact and nothing happens. You have to be precisely on point to interact with specific objects, and that is why highlighting is quite useful. Like in the cemetary at the start, if you get close to where the skirt is, but don't click on the skirt, you can actually get that interaction icon to appear and nothing will happen until you properly click the skirt.

Generally when developers implement stat grinding its because it is easy to implement and it helps to pad the content to make it last longer. Not necessarily more fun or better gameplay, but it creates the illusion that the game has more content than it actually has. For example, World of Warcraft when it was initially released, had about 50 hours of enjoyable content, that they padded out to last for 500 hours. So, this is unlikely to change unless you really push the developers to change it up.

I play with a high DPI gaming mouse, with 1200 dpi increments (usually play at mid-setting so 3600 dpi) so I notice input delays a lot more than other people might. But even still, the time when you hold sprint and the time when you actually start sprinting is the most obvious one.

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
Well I've noticed several situations with the interaction icon, where it will appear when you are in the general vicinity of an interactable. So you click to interact and nothing happens.
Are you referring to the kitchen? I noticed there are cupboards that have this and we'll probably be able to interact with them in the future. Other places include the mirror and sink in the bathroom, the tv that the dad is not watching and probably more. I think they're simply not ready yet and devs should probably remove the interaction icon from them.

For the stats - a suggestion from me would be to have a cap on how much grinding can be done with one action (some can reset per day). So you don't get 100 lewd points by repeating the same conversation with the dad.

I notice input delays a lot more than other people might
I know what you mean but I don't think it's an issue in a game like this. Although it's probably an easy fix so maybe they can do it in the next update.

Cornelius Igarashi

Dec 20, 2022

Thanks for the welcome! I actually tried that already, but there's no Windows 10 option for me, just up to Win8. I'll try it anyways and see if it works.

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
Thanks for the welcome! I actually tried that already, but there's no Windows 10 option for me, just up to Win8. I'll try it anyways and see if it works.
No worries, I haven't upgraded to Windows 11 yet so had wrongly assumed that there was a Windows 10 option in Compatibility Mode. If the Win8 option doesn't work have you tried the workaround that aquiro mentioned in their post?

What worked for me was running the Executable burried in the Binaries folder.

..\Deluded_v0.1_default\SRTE\Binaries\Win64\SRTE.exe
Good luck, I hope one of the options works for you.

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
not sure this matters or not BUT i downloaded the top download (singleton) when i started i use the SRTE.exe in main folder
played all the way until im in the bathroom then couldnt do shit so came here done a bit of reading seen others mention they played the exe from Deluded_v0.1_default\SRTE\Binaries\Win64 so started a new game running that just to hit my head on the wall and having same issues so 2 conclusions ither ive reached the end of this current version or dont work on pc
when i click settings no settings yet should be noted i dont have a controller i use the keyboard (not sure that matters or not BUT figure it should narrow down and help pin point the issues) so what should i do? (WINDOWS 10 PRO)

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
couldnt do shit
As in the game froze and you couldn't move? Or you could not interact with the dresser to retrieve the clothes? Or you could not put on the clothes? Or could not exit once you've done all that?

str8up

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2020
As in the game froze and you couldn't move? Or you could not interact with the dresser to retrieve the clothes? Or you could not put on the clothes? Or could not exit once you've done all that?
i could move and so on but just couldnt interact with anything yeah the mouse icon or what ever switches for door showed a door icon for the cupboards (dunno how to describe this well) but mouse icon had like fingers so id click and press keys on keyboard but nothing happened

dippiv

Jul 10, 2022
I had to run it in compatible mode to fix the "E" interaction key bug.

Great game so far. There is a lot to do for such a small demo. The debug camera let me explore everything and I love seeing things in development and the end of boundaries.

Sex scenes are great, and it took a bunch of replays to see most of the outcomes. I have more to do but building up the right stats is a fun thing to explore. I tried to use console to add them and open a door but it sent me to the main menu.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.60 star(s) 40 Votes