• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
Not scamming but this is a bit abnormal that he hasn't even said anything yet and we're past his due date promise. If I were him I'd be busting my ass so that my next message isn't an apology in a day or two but an actual release.
IMO Ero should've at least said something about him not going to be able to finish the update for the weekend.

• Angry
Reactions: GreeperDark3dART

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
At least developer is communicating. Personally I think it's better than complete silence.
Yes and no.
He was communicating a few weeks ago during the first couple missed ETA's, now he just puts out weekly updates with little to go on outside of another ETA he didn't meet.

Before he was responding to comments on discord or patreon, telling us the progress and if he was going to miss an ETA.
This time around he just went radio silent while his fans were waiting without knowing that it wasn't going to release this weekend.

We still don't know what's going on with the update now. I hope it releases before the end of the month, because this update releasing in may would be unfair to the patrons who were expecting it in april IMO.

I wouldn't of mind the release being in may, but again it's the unrealistic ETA's that he keeps putting out that gets peoples hopes up for april which hasn't happened.

Hopefully Ero learns from this with the next few updates, because this stuff will stunt his growth if it keeps going like this and he'll lose trust from his fans.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
Before he was responding to comments on discord or patreon, telling us the progress and if he was going to miss an ETA.
This time around he just went radio silent while his fans were waiting without knowing that it wasn't going to release this weekend.
That's just the worst possible thing he can do though, growing radio-silent and less transparent as the missed deadlines keep piling up, he might end up abandoning alltogether out of sheer pressure from failed expectations.

And have seen a fair share of games meeting that very fate after a promising start, really wish it wont be the same here

Last edited:

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
That's just the worst possible thing he can do though, growing radio-silent and less transparent after a series of missed deadlines, he might end up abandoning alltogether out of pressure from failed expectations and sheer amount of pressure.

And have seen a fair share of game meeting that very fate after a promising start, really wish it wont be the same here
He probably went radio silent because his fans would've been upset about hearing about the update not dropping, but at least they would've known about it and most would try to understand. Ero just repeats the same mistake in giving unrealistic ETA's he cannot meet.

I think he's doing too much outside of what he's capable of. We know that he doesn't have the best PC so rendering takes much longer, especially with how high quality they are. I understand he added more renders this month which is cool, but he was already running behind schedule and now we're closing in on may.

This might sound controversial, but I don't think he should do the animations. Considering that he doesn't have the best PC and that the last two updates have been delayed due to issues with them, it makes me believe that they are slowing down the process.
Animations are great, however the renders are already high quality enough to carry this game IMO. He could always add them on after the game is completed and once he gets a better PC. That's just my take on it though.

Overall it would be a shame if this game was abandoned due to the pressure Ero has on him, too many promising games have suffered the same fate.
I hope it doesn't come to that and that Ero is able to get a proper schedule for development going for the next few chapters.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Overall it would be a shame if this game was abandoned due to the pressure Ero has on him, too many promising games have suffered the same fate.
I hope it doesn't come to that and that Ero is able to get a proper schedule for development going for the next few chapters.
I'd suggest he takes a couple of weeks to take things slow and put together a schedule of tasks and collecting some metrics for measuring his productivity. It'll give him a realistic outlook on what he can achieve and, if he so desired, could share with the community when he's ahead or behind on schedule. Sure this purely delays the next update but his current workflow is detrimental to himself and his community.

I'm not convinced Ero will abandon this project, but if he misses the April deadline then he's fucking over his Patreon supporters. Even of Ch. 5 isn't fully complete he should release what he has before the start of the next month. I'm sure many of us played Dreams of Desire and couldn't care less about a few aspects not meeting Ero's expectations.

I've also seen a recent post mentioning their approach to Patreon subscriptions and I absolutely agree with them. I pulled my supports after Ero missed the March 11th deadline in favor of supporting Leap of Faith (a prime example of a high quality dev). Its nothing personal against Ero, but the lackluster updates and continued missed deadlines left me feeling like I was wasting money.

I promise this is the last thing I'll add to my rant: Ero seriously needs to invest in a dedicated rendering rig. The price of GPUs has dropped to the point where an RTX 3090 is $2000 and a 3080 Ti is $1200 - $1600. This was one of the milestones Stone Fox Studios (devs behind Chasing Sunsets) had early on and they showed remarkable improvements as a result.

RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
I have learned a long time ago to never take a VN update date seriously, because most of the time it always gets delays or problems arise along the process. I'm more annoyed that he has been hyping people up with this releases dates and then he doesn't deliver. In this case if he felt that he needed more content to tell the story in Ch.4 better and he communicated this via Patreon or Discord, I would have been okay with this this way and I would have know that a release in March would have been impossible.

tagestas

Mar 7, 2018
Have you noticed... that most games with high raiding... beautiful animations and characters... for some reason abandon or slow down updates... "Money rules the world" in every sense.:cautious::(:oops::rolleyes::cry:
You think he‘s making something special? It’s round 1k $ and that buys you almost nothing to go into semi-incognito mode like many patreon pages here. Considering the time he puts into this, his reward is a little bit low, to be fair, and I’d probably say that he’s running out of motivation for the project as a whole too( I don’t buy that overly ambitious crap. I’ve been on this site , supported many - have seen enough). Happens many times with ambitious projects and first-time developers. Plus to be a little bit critical it’s not a fully original story to begin with and even though he renders the images to a crisp , there are much better works out here with more reliable creators , so he must go a lot further still to prove himself. He lost ~200 Patrons last month - undeniable proof that his supporters don’t believe in him. Of course it’s his first time and I personally don’t care if this update ever gets out - it’s definitely not getting finished at this rate unless he’s making 10k and then it’s going to be a milking ride. Thats why you I don’t support any developer here who I’m not certain that is committed, because I support the project not only the next update and him living off of my 10 $. Less ambition goes a lot further the first time around. That is the point of my comment too - never gather hype over gofund me project, keep expectations low and be unforgivable to deadlines because it’s the only substantial thing that doesn’t make you regret your support (if whoever read this supports the guy). BTW I follow many pages but this, even though fairly new, is extremely active; goes to show that this mommy-kink is more contagious than Covid. Peace!!

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
you mean during short pauses, when he finds time for it?

atm, he is dedicated to finish the course held by few great lecturers such as icstor, aorrta, ttll...
cant wait to see the wonders he will do around, once he gets his degree there :WeSmart:
Nah. This is just a dark joke about his nickname " Hiken no Ace ". Don't know if you're familiar with One Piece, but this character, Hiken No Ace, meets a Tragic Fate :( in the story

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Nah. This is just a dark joke about his nickname " Hiken no Ace ". Don't know if you're familiar with One Piece, but this character, Hiken No Ace, meets a Tragic Fate :( in the story
well, i did miss your point there (not familiar with that character/game/comic).
though it wasnt that bad the way i put it as well:HideThePain:

Jan 3, 2019
Guys, it's time to get used to it and know that most of these games with good renderings and animations are starting to come out less often, because the influx of patrons gives them money and the developer understands that it is more profitable for him to feed with promises or excuses, like: sick three times a week, rescues a raccoon, the PC overheated, helps rescuers etc. Money spoils many. and unfortunately, the authors of the games at the beginning try to release updates more often and as soon as they reach the amount of monetary support they need, they begin to do what I indicated above. Do you know what the problem is? Many have already pointed this out and know that this is disrespect for themselves by patrons, i.e. they do not care that the author often deceives them, they are ready to wait and pay money, in fact there is nothing for it. I think a temporary unsubscription of patrons would help in the fight against such a situation. Typically, we support the first 3 months and find out how the author will release the content. And if the author has lied at least once, then everyone should unsubscribe from him before the update is released, but this is unlikely..

SpitfiremarkV

Nov 5, 2018
Guys, it's time to get used to it and know that most of these games with good renderings and animations are starting to come out less often, because the influx of patrons gives them money and the developer understands that it is more profitable for him to feed with promises or excuses, like: sick three times a week, rescues a raccoon, the PC overheated, helps rescuers etc. Money spoils many. and unfortunately, the authors of the games at the beginning try to release updates more often and as soon as they reach the amount of monetary support they need, they begin to do what I indicated above. Do you know what the problem is? Many have already pointed this out and know that this is disrespect for themselves by patrons, i.e. they do not care that the author often deceives them, they are ready to wait and pay money, in fact there is nothing for it. I think a temporary unsubscription of patrons would help in the fight against such a situation. Typically, we support the first 3 months and find out how the author will release the content. And if the author has lied at least once, then everyone should unsubscribe from him before the update is released, but this is unlikely..
IMO main problem in that case is breaking promises. Seriously, he give an ETA 7 times. 7 times in this 2 month he break his word and frustrate a lot of people, who believe in his words.

I'm fine with devs who take more time for an update and if they provide some progress info. But! If you give a release date - make sure you can deliver in exact same day. I'm even fine with some delays. Shit happens and something went wrong sometimes and dev need more time to polish game. No harm done.

But this situation? Week by week Ero make promises, and then break them. He promised release in March, in early April, in late April. Now is almost May. And he still don't release Ch.4. He constantly says "i'll be able" but he's not. He's NOT able and at least he need to stop giving this false ETAs.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes