RoamingZone

Feb 1, 2020
Anybody knows does dev working solo on this game? If he is, i'm not surprised of delay.
He is and seeing the level of rendering of every render, the manual work of every model, the detailed work of every environment, place and location and the animations I´m wouldn't be really surprised if this is not the only delay that's gonna happen in future updates. This is his FIRST game after all, problems are always bound to happen so if people are not supporting the development I find it funny that they are complaining. Sorry I took off from your question but the answer is yes, he works alone.

Feb 12, 2021
so 1st of all, YES, i've gone back n read the comments in the last couple of pages. with that being said, would appreciate any new/updated info, if he has posted any on his patreon site. i get real-life happens, but still...4 months now?

• Sad
Reactions: ActiveShooter

parqueo

Jan 21, 2019
He hasn't mentioned anything on the Patreon page beside that the March 11th ETA has been dropped.
He's been giving updates on his discord recently though and has talked about a time table for the next realease.

On the 27th of March he said that the update should be expected in a week/ one and a half. So early April by the looks of it.

fuckmymamarunnin
this is the information so far

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
so 1st of all, YES, i've gone back n read the comments in the last couple of pages. with that being said, would appreciate any new/updated info, if he has posted any on his patreon site. i get real-life happens, but still...4 months now?
If you're a patron, you'll have a access to his discord where he's pretty active and will give an update if you ask him.
On the 27th he said it'll be done in about a week/one and a half, so probably between April 3rd and April 7th(Those dates haven't been confirmed, just me estimating).

For the wallpaper with the bullies and Nicole, that's suppose to be later today. People who will have access to it are Demon Tier patrons.

I've been following this game for a bit and it's still pretty young in it's life cycle(this will be the third update since release) so I'll try to explain the reasoning from what I've heard from the dev's side of it.
- He's a solo developer and this is his first game.
- I'm pretty sure he has another job, he's mentioned being called in a few times.
- Caught COVID during the development of chapter 4 which slowed down the process.
- This is the biggest chapter yet apparently(More renders and animations).
- Had to reinstall the software he was using due to long loading times.
- Tried a new development cycle for this update, but he'll revert back to the old one in chapter 5.

That's what I've gathered so far and I am ok with the delays since he seems pretty honest and alright. This project is also very high quality so it'll have a longer period between updates compared to most games.
I'll keep my criticisms for when the update releases or if the update doesn't somehow release in April.

A the moment, I trust this dev and think he's doing a pretty good job.

Duriel

Aug 25, 2017
For the wallpaper with the bullies and Nicole, that's suppose to be later today. People who will have access to it are Demon Tier patrons.
giphy.gif

- Caught COVID during the development of chapter 4 which slowed down the process.
Oof, seeing so many friends catching it as if it was a simple cold its not even funny, I guess this and the new working cycle played a big factor in the delay, though with those out of the way for the next update, am trusting it wont take as long to develop 0.5?

tbill2000

Mar 15, 2019
If you're a patron, you'll have a access to his discord where he's pretty active and will give an update if you ask him.
On the 27th he said it'll be done in about a week/one and a half, so probably between April 3rd and April 7th(Those dates haven't been confirmed, just me estimating).

I've been following this game for a bit and it's still pretty young in it's life cycle(this will be the third update since release) so I'll try to explain the reasoning from what I've heard from the dev's side of it.
- He's a solo developer and this is his first game.
- I'm pretty sure he has another job, he's mentioned being called in a few times.
- This is the biggest chapter yet apparently(More renders and animations).
- Had to reinstall the software he was using due to long loading times.
- Tried a new development cycle for this update, but he'll revert back to the old one in chapter 5.

That's what I've gathered so far and I am ok with the delays since he seems pretty honest and alright. This project is also very high quality so it'll have a longer period between updates compared to most games.
I'll keep my criticisms for when the update releases or if the update doesn't somehow release in April.

A the moment, I trust this dev and think he's doing a pretty good job.
Thank you for informing us, I didn't know he was sick.

I hope he recovers. :cry:

Bob Jewl

Jan 23, 2018
View attachment 1732031

Oof, seeing so many friends catching it as if it was a simple cold its not even funny, I guess this and the new working cycle played a big factor in the delay, though with those out of the way for the next update, am trusting it wont take as long to develop 0.5?
Idk how bad his COVID was, but he mentioned it a few times a couple weeks ago.
For chapter 5's development cycle, in theory it should release faster than this update did since he's gonna be going back to his older methods and doesn't have COVID anymore.
That's easier said than done though, especially considering that he tries to make every chapter longer than the last one and other circumstances could occur in the next few months.

We'll have to have wait and see, right now we gotta wait to play chapter 4 for a couple more days.

Last edited:

lipe2410

Forum Fanatic
Dec 23, 2018
Idk how bad his COVID was, but he mentioned it a few times a couple weeks ago.
For chapter 5's development cycle, in theory it should release faster than this update did since he's gonna be going back to his older methods and doesn't have COVID anymore.
That's easier said than done though, especially considering that he tries to make every chapter longer than the last one and other circumstances could occur in the next few months.

We'll have to have wait and see, right now we gotta wait to play chapter 4 for a couple more days.
I see in his patreon that he is very close to reach his goal to work in Demon Boy full time. I hope he can do that in chapter 5 if he reach his goal.

Reactions: Bob Jewl

Bobrik123

Feb 7, 2021
I see in his patreon that he is very close to reach his goal to work in Demon Boy full time. I hope he can do that in chapter 5 if he reach his goal.
2 days ago 99%, yesterday 98%, today 97% of reaching the goal.
...perhaps due to not fulfilling the promised timings.
Anyway, I wish him luck.

Reactions: TheGreatCornholio

Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
2 days ago 99%, yesterday 98%, today 97% of reaching the goal.
...perhaps due to not fulfilling the promised timings.
Anyway, I wish him luck.
The numbers drop because its the end of the month, not because people are dropping subs because of the delays.

Guys is it just me or is any1 else seeing Will Smith in the front page??
Trying after rubbing my eyes ,nope the prince is still there
It's not just you, i was getting Chris Hansen and Will Smith, keep in mind it's April Fools' today so a lot of weird and wacky shit might happen :D

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes