dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Im not trying to be smug, but have you ever tried to develop a game? Its the demands that are unreasonable even if peoples frustrations are understandable. Even if people would make these project together with other people, coordinating a team require additional administration + time + costs. That coordination is easily one fulltime job in itself. I don't think most people really understand what they are demanding. In addition to that, managing patreons and having additional rewards for patreons is almost a full time job in itself.
What's your point? You literally add to his statement, people should really look into developement and what it entails before making a game.

Though good communication is key: when you have an issue and can't work on the game, warn your supporters. Don't announce a release date when you're not 99% sure you'll be able to release it. A few days of delay once in a while is understandable, not months.

Ratface666

Mar 22, 2020
What's your point? You literally add to his statement, people should really look into developement and what it entails before making a game.

Though good communication is key: when you have an issue and can't work on the game, warn your supporters. Don't announce a release date when you're not 99% sure you'll be able to release it. A few days of delay once in a while is understandable, not months.
My point is that you dont understand how much work it is to produce something of this scale with multiple components. Just because they decided to create a game on their spare time doesnt make them obligated to produce content indefinetely.

No amount of preparation can anticipate all that is to be done during a project, all projects in game development or otherwise reach unknown massive road blocks discovered along the way, let alone for hobby side projects.

Those who want to support a creator can do so. He has most likely put in far more hours of work into this project that could easily have generated more profit elsewhere.

Seeing people suggest ”well he should have worked in a team” kind of proves my point. Its delusional to believe administering and coordinating a team would have been some sort of easy fix to game development, as if it doesnt come with its own heap of time consuming problems.

zitadoxoto

Dec 22, 2018
Its of course uncool to leave people hanging, but I also believe people seriously underestimate the amount of work it takes to create a game of this quality for one person. Just the renders and post work would require somebody to work full time to release bi-monthly. I'm not even exaggerating
It's ok to be late on the schedule, but you don't have to lie.

This game is a scam. No work was done. The update doesn't even exist.

Reactions: Doom Marine

Scythe_KoP

Mar 14, 2019
I forgot to say, when you abandon your project, have the decency to tell it to your supporters and don't scam them.
Or when it takes longer just tell your patrons that they can un-pledge until the update releases. Anything is better than radio silence.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
My point is that you dont understand how much work it is to produce something of this scale with multiple components. Just because they decided to create a game on their spare time doesnt make them obligated to produce content indefinetely.

No amount of preparation can anticipate all that is to be done during a project, all projects in game development or otherwise reach unknown massive road blocks discovered along the way, let alone for hobby side projects.

Those who want to support a creator can do so. He has most likely put in far more hours of work into this project that could easily have generated more profit elsewhere.

Seeing people suggest ”well he should have worked in a team” kind of proves my point. Its delusional to believe administering and coordinating a team would have been some sort of easy fix to game development, as if it doesnt come with its own heap of time consuming problems.
Well, First Ero was working fulltime on this project, Second no it doesn't take that long to finish an update with 700 Renders as he claimed, 4-6 months is more than enough but taking almost a year is unforgivable

Feb 11, 2022
Officially, no. Have to wait until 22/23 April for the tag. But yes for all intents and purposes, this game is abandoned.
Quite the significant drop in patreon numbers from March to April (down to 236) since many supporters finally realising the scam. It was in the 500 range in late 2022 when the hype from the dev for the new release (that never arrived) was very high.
The diehards will continue to hang on for a while until the pool eventually dries up completely. A sad end, but necessary because this was one of the worst cases of development lying I have seen and that includes all the big names here that everyone knows.
He gonna wait 1 day before the tag to release the update

• Haha
Reactions: Raul
Feb 11, 2022
It's just sad that after 1 to 2 years of active development, he's gone silent as a lamb and hasn't at least said he's done publicly. If he's actually burnt out from making the game, then say so, don't leave us hanging. I was a demon for close to a year or so and the conversations about the game turned from praising the guy to just plain hating on him, especially in the public discord. There was more talking in the public discord than there was in the private one. If Ero is reading this thread, please say something for goodness sake. I don't think he's a scam artist. I think he's just seriously burnt out from making games and can't commit to a deadline, which makes sense.
I really doubt he ends up doing that.

He probably logs here to see how the thread is going, i bet that he kinda likes to see us hating on him at this point

andreshadow

Jun 1, 2017
hello everyone, I know this has nothing to do with the subject but I wanted to know why games like this one from ero and others that are abandoned most have practically unique characters and why they don't recycle the female characters I see many other games that basically take base characters and just give them a stir and that's it. I know it's much easier to do this than to change the appearance and leave something different.

TSL_JOK4R.

Mar 31, 2020

once you start a project and publish it on patreon the supporters expect it to be completed (Duh)... so yes the dev is obligated to finish the project because people believed in him and put money on the development ( if a dev publish a game and states before it will be abandoned after awhile... NO ONE will support him).

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes