Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
That's the worst part man, he's lurking but not saying anything
At this point i wouldn't either. Facetank the flak? What's the point. The thing is, he still earns a nice buck for it so admitting quitting can negatively impact that. Saying anything else? Wouldn't change much regarding the 'facetanking' part. So there is really no reason to pick up a conversation.

This isn't the first project that meets a suspiciously similar fate. Very strong visuals, get a few updates, Dev suddenly go radio silent and that is it.

I call this the russian special.

JustAmou

Jul 11, 2020
It's hard to believe, a part of me doesn't want to accept this because of the amazing quality and potential it had but Demon Boy really is abandoned now, somewhere deep I believe It'll come back but this is just pipe dream.
Rest easy Demon Boy!
Bro whats the game with animations on scond signature ?

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
At this point i wouldn't either. Facetank the flak? What's the point. The thing is, he still earns a nice buck for it so admitting quitting can negatively impact that. Saying anything else? Wouldn't change much regarding the 'facetanking' part. So there is really no reason to pick up a conversation.

This isn't the first project that meets a suspiciously similar fate. Very strong visuals, get a few updates, Dev suddenly go radio silent and that is it.

and now those "well informed" are gonna tell you - "wtf, dude, he isnt Russian, he is Dutch":HideThePain:
then those will go to patreon and pledge some other wallpapers and/or smooth talking "rookie" developer, and the whole cycle will start yet again:BootyTime:

Radon671

Feb 4, 2022

This guy showed his face on his videos (according to patrons who saw it). This is not an option for professional scammer.
BTW, maybe his relatives somehow saw WHAT he doing (he is young) and stop his lewd business.

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Honestly, if he does come back, I expect it to be with the new chapter right off the bat, so that we can see that he really did work on the game. And there will also be a sad story about the pressure being too much and him needing some time to relax and no mention of taking that sweet Patreon money in the meantime, no sir, that topic will be completely ignored. And the cherry on top will be him promising that he has changed now and will aim for faster releases and better communication.

Vigeous

May 3, 2021
Honestly, if he does come back, I expect it to be with the new chapter right off the bat, so that we can see that he really did work on the game. And there will also be a sad story about the pressure being too much and him needing some time to relax and no mention of taking that sweet Patreon money in the meantime, no sir, that topic will be completely ignored. And the cherry on top will be him promising that he has changed now and will aim for faster releases and better communication.
In addition to what you said he will need to stop the Patreon bill for 3 months where he was inactive. That's why I'm saying it's a hard thing to do but this is the only way to gain back the trust of his supporters.

Nerro

Sep 9, 2017
wow, a dev who ghosted to keep milking patreon?

I can't believe it! This never happens!

giphy.gif

BTW, was this game close to finish or??

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: fuckmymamarunnin

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Like who? She looks...more real/natural(?) than any game I've played.
Photo Hunt has a realistic looking black woman. She's younger, but she doesn't look like a Caucasian model with a black skin applied like in many VNs. At least, IMO.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dooble

May 3, 2018
Photo Hunt has a realistic looking black woman. She's younger, but she doesn't look like a Caucasian model with a black skin applied like in many VNs. At least, IMO.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I've played it, doesn't quite beat Lydia for me but she's in the convo for top 5 if I had to make a list. It's like you said, at least she isn't a reskin or some other unnatural attempt.

Feb 11, 2022
Is it really the end? While I don't have much hope the game will come back, the abandoned tag is basically an automatic label due to a length of no official communication about a game's development for 3 months. I know some view the tag as a finale to finally be able to move on from a game and the tag may be a sign to newcomers to be maybe not check the game out in the future, but I am truly curious if anything else will come of this. Even if Ero drops the game officially, if he will come back at all and address what happened or anything at all. The abandoned tag doesn't really change anything about the current situation other than maybe it gives people a reason to finally give up hope and move on.
Seens unlikely, but if that is the case, then it's almost certain that he will not continue with the project.

4.30 star(s) 124 Votes