scarypumpkin

I am a pumpkin
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
hi scarypumpkin I found a bug when select alarm clock to 2am View attachment 1878397 the day start over at 6am hind of like I'm playing adult parody of Groundhog Day but I'm looping before all the good stuff starts and makes me a really sad panda:cry: lol and keep doing what you love
deleted last reply
I fixed the bug but it's not game breaking... so no update
you're going to have to go back and forth, till 2am to get that mandy scene... sorry
thanks again for finding the bug

• Angry
Reactions: Mario4don

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
:unsure: I tried to play this game but... unfortunately I quickly got bored with it because firstly the lack of ability to skip/accelerate time in the game is really annoying and clicking to go from room to room to skip time is just sick and secondly why even though it's a renpy game another dev is trying to forcefully prevent us from using the console and cheats in it by adding some stupid anti-cheat because if we have activated the console it keeps popping up an error which makes it impossible to play any more.

Apart from these two things about which I wrote above but which are very important to me because they takes away the pleasure of playing, the game could be a good because game have quite nice 2d hand drawn graphics and incest so if it were not for the sick anti-cheat and the inability to skip time, then I might even liked this game.

So to sum up, if the dev add the possibility of skipping the time which should be in the game from the beginning, the more that we have a practically 24-hour clock in the game every day and giving up stupid anti-cheat, maybe someday I will try this game again.

Last edited:
Reactions: StreamSteam

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
deleted last reply
I fixed the bug but it's not game breaking... so no update
you're going to have to go back and forth, till 2am to get that mandy scene... sorry
thanks again for finding the bug
Seriously ? o_O
Was it so hard to share probably one fixed rpy file (because I am still able to understand that you do not want to upload the entire version of the game with this fixed bug in which you fixed this bug so that people could use it in order to progres to this scene normally, especially because in your game you didn't even want to do a simple "skip time" option ?

Really very professional of you. :confused:

scarypumpkin

I am a pumpkin
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
:unsure: I tried to play this game but... unfortunately I quickly got bored with it because firstly the lack of ability to skip/accelerate time in the game is really annoying and clicking to go from room to room to skip time is just sick and secondly why even though it's a renpy game another dev is trying to forcefully prevent us from using the console and cheats in it by adding some stupid anti-cheat because if we have activated the console it keeps popping up an error which makes it impossible to play any more.

Apart from these two things about which I wrote above but which are very important to me because they takes away the pleasure of playing, the game could be a good because game have quite nice 2d hand drawn graphics and incest so if it were not for the sick anti-cheat and the inability to skip time, then I might even liked this game.

So to sum up, if the dev add the possibility of skipping the time which should be in the game from the beginning, the more that we have a practically 24-hour clock in the game every day and giving up stupid anti-cheat, maybe someday I will try this game again.
not every game is to everyone's liking, thanks for giving it a try

Seriously ? o_O
Was it so hard to share probably one fixed rpy file (because I am still able to understand that you do not want to upload the entire version of the game with this fixed bug in which you fixed this bug so that people could use it in order to progres to this scene normally, especially because in your game you didn't even want to do a simple "skip time" option ?

Really very professional of you. :confused:
I'm glad your not confusing me as a professional

13mpty

Aug 31, 2019
well... this is the last time I give this game a try.... so stupid when lewd games want to be like "real" games but in the end they just fuck it up, with stamina, lust, time, bad navigation and above all if you "cheat" the game breaks... for fucks sake..... have fun... i just need too unrepy then

scarypumpkin

I am a pumpkin
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
well... this is the last time I give this game a try.... so stupid when lewd games want to be like "real" games but in the end they just fuck it up, with stamina, lust, time, bad navigation and above all if you "cheat" the game breaks... for fucks sake..... have fun... i just need too unrepy then
so you finally learned how to use unren... good for u(y)

simpleguy787

Apr 23, 2018
scarypumpkin - the game doesnt work with unren.bat . everytime i try to use it to set a var, i get an error a bit later transitioning to the next scene and the error stays even after restarting the game and loading a save before I made the update to the var

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'main_menu'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "message.rpyc", line 415, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1752, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Demon Curse v0.17-public
Sun Jul 24 09:33:32 2022

Reactions: krkarr

scarypumpkin

I am a pumpkin
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
scarypumpkin - the game doesnt work with unren.bat . everytime i try to use it to set a var, i get an error a bit later transitioning to the next scene and the error stays even after restarting the game and loading a save before I made the update to the var

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "message.rpyc", line 415, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1752, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "renpy/script.py", line 918, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.8.1895
Demon Curse v0.17-public
Sun Jul 24 09:33:32 2022
the unren thing has nothing to do with the game it's something on its end or yours
change config.console to False, the game doesn't allow the play change var

scarypumpkin

I am a pumpkin
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
for those that don't know the lust and stamina system is not just there to solely obstruct the players
they will eventually lead to h scene

the nav system is the way it is... is to give me options on how I want do thing (sandbox) and be more creative with the h scene

just want to clarify why those two thing are the way they are

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
for those that don't know the lust and stamina system is not just there to solely obstruct the players
they will eventually lead to h scene

the nav system is the way it is... is to give me options on how I want do thing (sandbox) and be more creative with the h scene

just want to clarify why those two thing are the way they are
A good idea is to only add a room when content exists in it. Rather than creating hundreds of empty rooms and linking them all to a step by step navigation scheme and only then starting to add content to them.

By only adding a room to the game once it has actual content, it avoids the feeling of an empty world that is forcing you to unnecessary click often / "explore" emptiness.

Also, regardless of the above you should offer a better navigation than step by step walking.
For example a visual map of the town with clickable buildings, a picture of the house with clickable rooms, a picture of the school with clickable rooms.

These are far more pleasant to navigate than going through a chain of rooms one by one.
currently if I want to go from bedroom to school I gotta do (IIRC. might be inaccurate as it has been some time):
wakeup > exit bedroom > go downstairs > exit house > go right > go right > go right > take bus to school > go left > go left > go left > go left > enter school > go forwards > go right > go right > enter class > sit in chair to start class.

The vast majority of those steps are permanently completely empty. Mere placeholders for future content.
I should not have to take 17 clicks through empty locations to go from bedroom to school every morning in the game.

(and the above is not even including the morning chores of eating breakfast for stamina and milking mom for lust energy. both of which deplete constantly)

Reactions: jvdw92

scarypumpkin

I am a pumpkin
Game Developer
Aug 10, 2016
A good idea is to only add a room when content exists in it. Rather than creating hundreds of empty rooms and linking them all to a step by step navigation scheme and only then starting to add content to them.

By only adding a room to the game once it has actual content, it avoids the feeling of an empty world that is forcing you to unnecessary click often / "explore" emptiness.

Also, regardless of the above you should offer a better navigation than step by step walking.
For example a visual map of the town with clickable buildings, a picture of the house with clickable rooms, a picture of the school with clickable rooms.

These are far more pleasant to navigate than going through a chain of rooms one by one.
currently if I want to go from bedroom to school I gotta do (IIRC. might be inaccurate as it has been some time):
wakeup > exit bedroom > go downstairs > exit house > go right > go right > go right > take bus to school > go left > go left > go left > go left > enter school > go forwards > go right > go right > enter class > sit in chair to start class.

The vast majority of those steps are permanently completely empty. Mere placeholders for future content.
I should not have to take 17 clicks through empty locations to go from bedroom to school every morning in the game.

(and the above is not even including the morning chores of eating breakfast for stamina and milking mom for lust energy. both of which deplete constantly)
the criticism has been made by others here

I think its 14 clicks if you go straight to class (iirc the good old days)

a lot of the people that don't like the nav system want a simpler experience, they would be happy with a top down map, with the location of every character on it, and don't forget the 4 or 3 day cycle

but this game is about options, and build for a lot of branching paths, if you want to increase possible options of the game you have to increase the complexity of the game

I favor more possibilities over simplicity, so the nav system is not going to change

there are a lot of ways you increase your stamina: breakfast, sleep, nap in class, vending machine school

stamina - 1 for every one hour that passes

lust - 1 + lvl +ability every 24 hour

some might want there stamina and lust at 0 in the future

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
the criticism has been made by others here

I think its 14 clicks if you go straight to class (iirc the good old days)

a lot of the people that don't like the nav system want a simpler experience, they would be happy with a top down map, with the location of every character on it, and don't forget the 4 or 3 day cycle

but this game is about options, and build for a lot of branching paths, if you want to increase possible options of the game you have to increase the complexity of the game

I favor more possibilities over simplicity, so the nav system is not going to change
The thing is, the two are not mutually exclusive. You could allow a top down map or a text based quicknav to coexist with hundreds of empty rooms in between. I have actually seen games do that.

The most important thing is to have fun. Needing 14 clicks to go from bedroom to school, and then 14 clicks to go back, every single day in game... this is not fun.

Reactions: jazz154
2.00 star(s) 12 Votes