secret_agent

Dec 20, 2019
what does it change between 0.4.0 and 0.4.1???
0.4.1 is the official release, so it has bugfixes for anything that the (paying subscribers) beta testers submitted from 0.4.0.

The only art change that I know about is a possible art change from the recent livestream of replacing the Leslie in kitchen with breakfast plates image. The newer art might replace the older image, but I'm not 100%. Otherwise, it's just bugfixes and no new content.

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
he usually updated DDS every 6 weeks before he worked full time, only this time it took more than 3 months but because it was a huge update (don't know if this is really true because some people say it was not that big) so now he works twice as long as he did before so does it mean he will update it 3-4 weeks from now on ?
hey, gotta reply to this one - my first two updates took 8 weeks, not 6, and were much, much smaller than v.04. I've posted elsewhere that my playtime speedrunning the game was 1 hour 15 minutes for v.01-3 and 1 hour and 5 minutes just for v.04.

I don't want to be rude but I can't tell if you just don't know what you're talking about or are being intentionally misleading - either way, please don't set unrealistic expectations for people about me or my work.

----------------------

On another note for everyone else, Public v.04.1 is already uploaded to Mega and GDrive, just waiting on Anonfiles - OP will be updated at 10AM PST.

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
Alright, v.04.1 has arrived!

I have spent the last week playing through this over and over and have fixed an enormous amount of things that were reported, every note I got was addressed and while this is a much, much smoother playing experience am sure there are still bugs in some form. If you play v.04.1 and find one, shout it out in the bug-report channel on the discord (or just yell about it here, someone's bound to get it to me eventually). I wasn't able to figure out the android version, but for those of you that want to play on your phones the Compressed version works well on Joiplay, and I've pinned a short guide on how to do so in the OP.

I'll be gone after tomorrow for ~ a week before diving in to Sabrina and v.05, but I want to thank anyone that's played so far and enjoyed the game - especially Count Morado, you fucking saint of the seven seas, I don't know how you find the time/drive to answer everyones questions on here but I appreciate you so much for doing so.

Alright, that's enough from me, happy gaming, I'll catch y'all later. (I'll be streaming the first half of new scene art for Sofia's History class tonight at 5PM PST, and the rest of it tomorrow at 10AM PST)

Lnw

Aug 7, 2017
I posted yesterday: #2,622
Also, you probably have learned from your mistake but remember to save in a different slot each morning when the game opens the save menu. If the game opens the save menu at anytime, save in a different slot. There are more than enough slots. I would also recommend never saving anywhere else except when the game prompts you - there is no need to.
Yeah, I usually have better saving habits (Dishonored Clean Hands made sure of that), was just playing without paying too much attention. Either way, a few minutes after the post I figured out the the 0.3 save in OP was just before the first day of school (I haven't played since 0.1, I think, so didn't know what each update included) and replayed the start of the day, now remembering to save as I should.

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
hey, gotta reply to this one - my first two updates took 8 weeks, not 6, and were much, much smaller than v.04. I've posted elsewhere that my playtime speedrunning the game was 1 hour 15 minutes for v.01-3 and 1 hour and 5 minutes just for v.04.
:oops: My intention was honesty, dont get me wrong i appreciate that you try hard for your fans do you plan to make always mega updates now and btw how long will it take you to release new builds in future

Reactions: BreadManGames

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
:oops: My intention was honesty, dont get me wrong i appreciate that you try hard for your fans do you plan to make always mega updates now and btw how long will it take you to release new builds in future
Cool cool, I didn't want to assume anything just trying to make sure people know what to expect. To answer your question, these next few updates will be big, yes, and will take around as long as v.04 to complete. Until I can get through the commissioned girls the updates are going to stay around these 15-20 event huge versions. Hopefully when I get past these I can speed up production (hopefully I'll have aprogrammer by then too, in talks with a few options).
I don't give firm deadlines or production windows because I don't like letting people down and I hate missing production windows, so I'd rather keep a dev log for those that want to stay in the know and announce it when it's ready.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
only miss the arianna remember how to trigger that girl?
Stand in front of her on the track in the park and she stops. Click on her.
Has anyone finished all the V0.04 beta content yet?

How many leslie (Mom) scenes there are? I am playing this version and progressing the story has been difficult since it's really laggy. I dont it will be worth it for me to play it as it is if there arent many of her scenes
Many of us have. She has 2-3 new at the couch and one at the hospital.
So 0.4.1 is the real game?? Where were some scenes missing, for example that of leslie penetrating her because in version 0.4.0 there were not therefore in version 0.4.1 there are these scenes where he penetrates leslie at night??
There are not. MC isn't going to get Leslie that quick.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Just speedran 4.1 and it all looks good!
Though, here are some notes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Finally, to end on a high note - Thank you for making it so people should not be able to leave the hospital front door before they complete their lobby clean up shift.

For players wondering if they did every quest in 4.1 - see the video in the spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
How do I run the game after downloading the file through WIN?
Unzip the file and go into the DD_V04_1_PC folder and double-click Game.exe

BreadManGames

Satan's Baker
Game Developer
Oct 17, 2021
  • When there are arrows to move to adjacent areas of the neighborhood in the corners - can't click on them because the hitbox for either the map symbol or the phone is too large.
    1656614627484.png
    1656614627484.png
  • I might have missed a prompt to start on the "sabotage the laundry" quest line - There was no quest in the journal for it until after I bought the new gym outfit on my own and that kickstarted it. Had I not remembered that step from 4.0 - that quest line wouldn't have appeared.
  • I appreciate the fix on the quests, so that once they are finished they end up in the book with all the bookmarks (signifying they are complete) but it would still be nice for the "Sabotage", "Spy Cameras", and "Church" quests to still get a "That's all for this update" or "That's all for this quest (at this time), but you can return to replay".
  • Speaking of "Spy Cameras" - do I miss the notification that there is a new image waiting in the phone or are players expected to check after a few days on their own?
Good thoughts, I hadn't considered the hit boxes issue for players that moves via clicks, I'm a keyboard man myself haha. In v.05 I will add another tile for the building so the UI won't interfere where players can move.
- For sabotage, yeah it's assumed that players will buy the womens clothes after the conversations with Leslie, but I will add the quest to the journal earlier so players are aware it's an option.
- I'll add the completion note for those three other quests as well.
- Again, yeah something I didn't think of, I'll add a notification for the new pic.

Nice finds Morado!

Vanheller

Dec 30, 2021
Hey has anyone seen the laundry basket in the version 0.04.1 because I've played the 0.04.0 when it first came out and it was there near the laundry machine. Idk if it's me or it's a bug.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes