Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
So we're going to have one main girl and multiple side chicks? We can still finish the game having completed all their storylines though, I take it, in just one playthrough.
He just means whatever girl's story you prioritize. It's a harem game, you can get all the girls.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
and a dozen quests for 6 NPC's is still more than 1-3 quests for 12 NPC's, so that's more work. And we're still in the introduction phase of the game. It's only 0.5, people.
Not if you also consider the time that goes into creating the art for the additional 6 characters, the actual character design, their places and so on. And it doesn't matter if it's 0,5 or a thousand people:

In a month you have only a limited amount of time that you can spend with actual development that will result in some playable output, so focus definitely matters. 150 hours spend on 6 characters will lead to more engaging and fullfiling content than 150 hours of development spread across everything without really achieving anything relevant.

In the full game they would exist. Stop thinking this game won't attract new players. There will be people who play from v0.10 and if they don't follow the quests as they were implemented, they'd end up skipping all those previous area's, wondering why there's nothing there before they get to the area's that do matter.
I can't follow this idea. New players will play from the start and won't miss anything, old players will just load in their old savegame or the dev sets up a savegame that starts at the edge of the new content.

The problem is that you want to designate area's to certain NPC's and suddenly a quest for that NPC is in a entirely different area you haven't gone to yet.
Nah, that's what I am trying to tell you all the time: You imagine this project like it's already there and the dev has to deal with whatever happens, like: "Oh shit, now I created this girl and she needs to buy whine, but there is no whine store, what a surprise!"

That's highly unrealistic and won't happen. The dev knows what's needed and what to do, it's him who creates the game. So he will of course not implement this confusing thing you imagined here, but something that makes sense right from the start.

Nothing stops him from sending them to the same whine store avaiable from the beginning, or building a new one whenever it's required.

But Cassie's storyline doesn't start at the gym. The main focus will be there, yes, but it doesn't start in, nor will it be limited to the gym.
The gym with her is listed as individual story line in the quest log, that's why I named it this way. Anyways, you get the idea.

I'm not talking about interior maps, but exterior maps. Those need to fit correctly.
Yeah, I already took that into consideration. Like I said, you could flip the whole city and puzzle it within an hour. So even if they'd swap the whole map in the end for whatever reason that's done in a day. That being said, this is something that has nothing to do with the modular approach that I suggested.

If everything is planned out from the beginning then there's no need to change anything later. I didn't say create only 1/4 quarter of the city and then freestyle the rest. I said plan the whole thing but start with the first 1/4 so you can create focused and rewarding content before moving on.

If you plan it modular right from the beginning you'll do it in a fashion that makes sense so that there are no interferences with locations like stores, characters or new parts of the city - all the things that you mentioned aren't any issue because the plan right from the start already takes care of that and naturally makes sense to be developed and released this way.

Last edited:

rahulz

Nov 21, 2021
Good luck with your game. Love the art style. this has a lot of potential. I'll bookmark and keeping my eyes on this game, hopefully it will get enough support and people interests to grow. really like the hand drawn art. Hope the direction here is to add in a nice corruption arc for each character.

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
Not if you also consider the time that goes into creating the art for the additional 6 characters, the actual character design, their places and so on. And it doesn't matter if it's 0,5 or a thousand people:
You mean those additional 6 characters that would have that art made for it anyway in the long run? All the characters are already planned out, so the art work will be the same regardless when they'll come out. It will still need to be done.
New players will play from the start and won't miss anything
What start? It's a game with parallel storylines. There is no start. You'll be able to choose which of the main girls you'll pursue first. So, if a new player picks one of the newest girls to start with, they'll skip the first area's. But since it's all one big area, the new players will have the same locations to visit as the old players.
Nothing stops him from sending them to the same whine store avaiable from the beginning, or building a new one whenever it's required.
Again, parallel storylines, there is no "same wine store available from the beginning" since you could have a different "beginning". And building a new store means there could be three stores selling a similar item exclusive to that store since all these are quest items, and it'll become confusing to find the correct store for the correct girl. Why does this store sell X, but not Y when it's basically the same thing? And once you have X or Y, you never go back there? With all the stores laid out as they are now, it's very simple. Need some electronic stuff? Go to the only electronic store. Clothing? Only clothing shop available. No need to build extra's if the map's already fully implemented.
If everything is planned out from the beginning then there's no need to change anything later. I didn't say create only 1/4 quarter of the city and then freestyle the rest. I said plan the whole thing but start with the first 1/4 so you can create focused and rewarding content before moving on.
It IS planned out from the beginning. That's what you're complaining about. You're complaining there are a bunch of useless stores that barely do a thing. Well, guess what, if you make those stores exclusively for certain characters, they'll truly do barely a thing because once that character's storyline is over, there's no more need for the shop. Do you really think that Cassie will be the only person at the gym? I don't know where the story's going, but I'm sure you'll see other people at the gym as well. And since Cassie's family, I'm certain her storyline is intertwined with other characters, just like the sister is, meaning her quest will only advance when we reach a certain level with other characters, rather than having a self contained story line.
If you plan it modular right from the beginning you'll do it in a fashion that makes sense so that there are no interferences with locations like stores, characters or new parts of the city - all the things that you mentioned aren't any issue because the plan right from the start already takes care of that and naturally makes sense to be developed and released this way.
I believe that momentarily the majority of locations are used in one way or another. Yes, for very brief things that may not be satisfactory to you, but everything is there already, so further use will naturally make sense.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
You mean those additional 6 characters that would have that art made for it anyway in the long run? All the characters are already planned out, so the art work will be the same regardless when they'll come out. It will still need to be done.
Then you simply don't understand my point about the chronology of doing things. I'll file an easy example of you, simple math:

On average - let's assume that for this example - one update can contain 20 quests, it does matter if you do it like this:

Possible Update 1

Char 1: 2 Quests
Char 2: 2 Quests
Char 3: 2 Quests
Char 4: 2 Quests
Char 5: 2 Quests
Char 6: 2 Quests
Char 7: 2 Quests
Char 8: 2 Quests
Char 9: 2 Quests
Char 10: 2 Quests

or if you do it like this:

Possible Update 2

Char 1: 5 Quests
Char 2: 5 Quests
Char 3: 5 Quests
Char 4: 5 Quests

.. or even

Possible Update 3

Char 1: 10 Quests
Char 2: 10 Quests

You can see, the more you fragment your possible working time into different parts of the game, the less you're getting out of it each update - in terms of playability, which should be a main concern when doing an EA game.

So for Version 2 it doesn't matter if "the other animations need to be done anyways". For now, the update is enjoyable and with plenty of progressions for the given storylines. And if the others come out, they will also get more loads of content right away.

What start? It's a game with parallel storylines. There is no start. You'll be able to choose which of the main girls you'll pursue first. So, if a new player picks one of the newest girls to start with, they'll skip the first area's. But since it's all one big area, the new players will have the same locations to visit as the old players.
You don't skip anything, you then play with the first girl until she's done and then proceed to explore the other content that brings you back to other places. Also this approach is modular planable.

Again, parallel storylines, there is no "same wine store available from the beginning" since you could have a different "beginning".
That different beginning doesn't change what the town looks like. If you want to go to the tech store - for whatever girls storyline (cams, phone, computer pieces, whatever you can think of) you still need to visit that one store.

And building a new store means there could be three stores selling a similar item exclusive to that store since all these are quest items, and it'll become confusing to find the correct store for the correct girl.
Nah, not really. If there's a ring to buy for a girl and you can get that ring in an accessoire shop, then you won't be confused. If another girl later wants a necklace that you can buy there too - no problem at all.

Need some electronic stuff? Go to the only electronic store. Clothing? Only clothing shop available. No need to build extra's if the map's already fully implemented.
I never suggested to change any of that, that was you. I said I would just implement all the important stores for the first 1/4 of the game in the first avaiable map parts so that the player can make use of them. And that if future updates introduce girls that need stuff from these stores, they're already there and there is no conflict that you like to make up. It's also easy to add new stores naturally as the map expanses and unlocking new locations for new and old characters to explore.

Well, guess what, if you make those stores exclusively for certain characters
Never said that.

If after the 1/4 of the game, 2 years after development, the new 1/4 (now 1/2 together) of the game unlocks with 4 new parts of the town, including let's say the accessoire store called above, then you can utilize that accessoire store for all upcoming girls, storyline and even for existing ones that can be explored further after the update. So there's no "exlusive shop for only one person".

That being said, it's also possible to create stores - exclusive ones - that aren't part of the town map. They could just place a bus station that would give you the choice to visit 5 different other locations where you'll just end up interior right away. Tons of ways to do stuff with imagination and creativity.

Do you really think that Cassie will be the only person at the gym? I don't know where the story's going, but I'm sure you'll see other people at the gym as well.
And? Introduce them later - easy. The gym won't magically disappear.

And since Cassie's family, I'm certain her storyline is intertwined with other characters, just like the sister is, meaning her quest will only advance when we reach a certain level with other characters, rather than having a self contained story line.
Sigh.
That's exactly what I described here:

and here:

I just mentioned it because that's where it all starts. You can also take her to the school, the neighbourhood, your home, the hospital, the shopping mall or any other of the avaiable buildings in the first quarter of the avaiable map and get insanely creative with dozens of ways of implementing her into all the other happenings in the city and story.
You can also get deeply and complex with "only" 5 characters in a couple of updates, so stuff gets interwoven and complex.

I believe that momentarily the majority of locations are used in one way or another. Yes, for very brief things that may not be satisfactory to you, but everything is there already, so further use will naturally make sense.
Only for nonsense, I've been walking through the whole city and places. There's really not much to do. It's just a waste of time and not rewarding or engaging.

Last edited:

SuddenReal

Jun 21, 2017
You can see, the more you fragment your possible working time into different parts of the game, the less you're getting out of it each update - in terms of playability, which should be a main concern when doing an EA game.
Everything up to 0.4 was introducing the characters. Sabrina was the first "main focus" of the update, and with the polls, the winner will get the lion share of the update, with minor updates for other characters. So, things will be more rewarding in the future.
I said I would just implement all the important stores for the first 1/4 of the game in the first avaiable map parts so that the player can make use of them.
You mean as it is now? Because quests have already send me to all the important stores to show me where they are.
Only for nonsense, I've been walking through the whole city and places. There's really not much to do. It's just a waste of time and not rewarding or engaging.
Breaking news: stores that only sell quest related items don't have anything to offer that isn't quest related.

Modninjaz

Dec 28, 2017
The main take with Breadman is that he is truly strategic with milking the income from patreon. He works on one thing, but then magically needs to add a lot more content just for the original objective of the update can be continued to be worked on. On top of this, he even said that with each update he adds a tiny bit of story progression with the mom character, which is mainly people’s interest. He’s basically using a lead and collar to ever so slowly move things along so the patrons keep subscribed, while making sure he has a plan to keep things slow with updating. That’s why I stopped my subscription ages ago, and why a lot of people should unsubscribe too, since it’s hard earned money going to waste for updates that aren’t worth the price. Just wait for a substantial amount of updates or for the full thing to be completed, I guarantee his updates would get bigger and more detailed if he sees his numbers diminish as people catch on to the milking patrons.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
The main take with Breadman is that he is truly strategic with milking the income from patreon. He works on one thing, but then magically needs to add a lot more content just for the original objective of the update can be continued to be worked on. On top of this, he even said that with each update he adds a tiny bit of story progression with the mom character, which is mainly people’s interest. He’s basically using a lead and collar to ever so slowly move things along so the patrons keep subscribed, while making sure he has a plan to keep things slow with updating. That’s why I stopped my subscription ages ago, and why a lot of people should unsubscribe too, since it’s hard earned money going to waste for updates that aren’t worth the price. Just wait for a substantial amount of updates or for the full thing to be completed, I guarantee his updates would get bigger and more detailed if he sees his numbers diminish as people catch on to the milking patrons.
Dude, you like Dark Magic...i'm against every form of discrimination, but it's hard to take you seriously...considering how Dark Magic is what you describe to be Demon Deals, but minus the fun, minus the plot, minus compelling characters, but plus an exacerbated grind that adds nothing but a massive amount of wasted time if someone is ever so dumb to play such game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ViihX

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Have you progressed with the game since last week or is it that Suscribestar doesn't update automatically?

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
Also called "discussing". The more you know.
Honestly, how many people do think will read it? You used more than ten words at a time.
C'mon - these are (mostly) people who can't read the post prior to theirs to see if the answer(s) were already posted ;).

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Honestly, how many people do think will read it? You used more than ten words at a time.
C'mon - these are (mostly) people who can't read the post prior to theirs to see if the answer(s) were already posted ;).
I didn't write my posts for thousand people to read it, but for the person I've been discussing the topic with. And the Dev might also get some kind of feedback out of it, so it's fine. Everyone else who comes into a forum and is wondering that people are discussing things might want to check back on what a forum is there for in the first place.

These people always make me shake my head. That's like walking into a pizzeria and then complaining that everyone's eating pizza.

4.50 star(s) 145 Votes