Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Uncanniness in their designs aside, how did nobody brought up the the fact that Ai Leslie has geez I dont't know SIX FUCKING FINGERS. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm just gonna say it now, because someone is gonna bring it up eventually. But technically speaking Leslie has five fucking fingers and a thumb. /s

I assumed that was the question but it was kinda worded weird and I didn't want to answer something I wasn't being asked haha
Either way, I don't use genAI and don't having intent of doing so, it's unethical in its current form and I enjoy making art
You're also forgetting, the hands... nightmare fuel. That said, while I do believe AI art generators will become big in the future, you're absolutely right that they are unethical, but I'd go further and say they are criminal. They practically "stole" artwork from artists so they could "recreate" it's style without getting approval from the artists. I don't see an issue with artists who've passed away like over a century ago, as their art would be in the public domain. But artists today who are trying to make a living off their art... you all need to be protected.

Sometimes people forget that just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should do it.

Blobbobloo2

Dec 2, 2023
I assumed that was the question but it was kinda worded weird and I didn't want to answer something I wasn't being asked haha
Either way, I don't use genAI and don't having intent of doing so, it's unethical in its current form and I enjoy making art
To each their own. Not here to debate ethics; I lack a deep understanding of both sides of the argument. So, I don't want to make a definitive statement.

That being said, I've only tried it a little, and I don't even think it could replace your entire workflow. But, like many coders are now doing, it may provide a base framework for artists. If people are already rushing you to push out more content, adding and refining a completely new skill would only protract the timeline. It takes time, trial and error, a dedicated GPU or paid server time, and more, just to produce the basics.

If you're not going to do all of that, having the budget to hire someone that knows how to produce consistent characters, poses, frame animation progression, model / lora training (for new and existing characters) and on and on, is another aspect I'm sure other people don't consider. Even then, no matter what is generated, you'd probably still have to change details manually - redrawing for an experienced artist is probably faster than hoping inpainting gets it right. I don't think you should use AI to produce every piece of artwork for your game. But, it may be a useful tool for generating reference images à la rapid prototyping.

I understand they're not creative fields, but robots weld cars, cnc machines mill parts, every financial profession uses an excel spreadsheet with formulae, coders copy and paste from github XD. As the saying goes, "everyone is conservative about what he knows best." But that doesn't mean you have to be a Luddite.

I guess this is serendipitous timing as I've been trying this stuff for myself recently. I'd be happy to DM you some things I've learned if it means helping your workflow for a game many, many people seem to enjoy.

Great game by the way.

Reactions: StreamSteam

Blobbobloo2

Dec 2, 2023
I'm just gonna say it now, because someone is gonna bring it up eventually. But technically speaking Leslie has five fucking fingers and a thumb. /s

You're also forgetting, the hands... nightmare fuel. That said, while I do believe AI art generators will become big in the future, you're absolutely right that they are unethical, but I'd go further and say they are criminal. They practically "stole" artwork from artists so they could "recreate" it's style without getting approval from the artists. I don't see an issue with artists who've passed away like over a century ago, as their art would be in the public domain. But artists today who are trying to make a living off their art... you all need to be protected.

Sometimes people forget that just because we can do something, doesn't mean we should do it.
Eh, I think it's a little more complex than that. Talk to lawyer, idfk, but sounds more like a civil lawsuit than criminal. But, I do see this all ending up like patent licensing. i.e.: Artist has style. Artist makes lora. Artist sells lora for flat fee and a percentage of all earnings from images produced with said lora.

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
Eh, I think it's a little more complex than that. Talk to lawyer, idfk, but sounds more like a civil lawsuit than criminal. But, I do see this all ending up like patent licensing. i.e.: Artist has style. Artist makes lora. Artist sells lora for flat fee and a percentage of all earnings from images produced with said lora.
ok, another scenario : artist has style, didn't make or sell lora. another person creates lora and produce images.
At this point this person has invalidated the IPR and in a lot of country's it's treated as crime.
Or a better example to make it clear: in your picture you have created a lora from breadman's art without his agreement, he even explicit told several time not to do so, that's a direct violation of IP. let's assume breadman is very angry about it, he could send an dmca to f95, getting your info and sue the hell out of it. In that case you are in for a big and expensive fine. for the first lawsuit it would be a criminal one, followed by some civil lawsuits.

Last edited:

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
[...] Even then, no matter what is generated, you'd probably still have to change details manually - redrawing for an experienced artist is probably faster than hoping inpainting gets it right. I don't think you should use AI to produce every piece of artwork for your game. But, it may be a useful tool for generating reference images à la rapid prototyping.

I understand they're not creative fields, but robots weld cars, cnc machines mill parts, every financial profession uses an excel spreadsheet with formulae, coders copy and paste from github XD. As the saying goes, "everyone is conservative about what he knows best." But that doesn't mean you have to be a Luddite.
unfortunately the redrawing of ai art takes longer than to do it "the proper way". Another thing would be the reference image, if it is too pleasing as an artist you chain yourself to the reference. for character dev you are quicker with "doodeling"
Back to your example with cnc/robots, i doubt you feed lots of reference blueprints and pictures of other parts into an ai and feed the result into the robot (maybe in future, wouldn't be surprised). EDIT: Was told by a coworker that you can create simple parts for 3d-print with ai, at the moment the results are not perfect. Meh, nice new world.

personal opinion: So let me create a fictive game, i create the storyboard with chatgpt, create the models with genai, link the models to some mocaps or similar, create the code with the help of an ai and use also code snippets from internet to spice things up. Somehow i would feel very bad to name this game "my creation" and would shame myself.

Last edited:

HerreroA

Apr 3, 2023
Forget the handjob, what everyone wants to see (as a start) from her is a buttjob or a thighjob.
Intercrural sex would also fit in with the theme of her story.
BOTH she looks amazing and im really into incest brother-sister rather than mom

Turkis

Jul 17, 2017
Stealing someone's intellectual property is a crime in most countries around the world. Now in the US at least, most IP theft cases are settled in civil court first before a prosecutor will look at pressing charges. As these cases can be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. The only times this isn't the case is when it involves IP that is considered a state secret, such as a jet engine designs used in the latest fighter jets.

An art style cannot be patented (at least in the US). Someone can come in and copy Breadman's art style and sell his sketches based on his style, and he can't do anything about it; though that changes if they copy his original characters and try to sell those sketches/artwork. But, the situation is different for AI generated art. In order for the AI to copy Breadman's art style, hundreds of individual pieces of his art has to be scanned by the AI in order for it to replicate his style properly. That is where the problem lies, they are stealing artwork from artists in order to train the AI.

Last edited:
Reactions: archmancer8

JackRs

Dec 28, 2022
Stealing someone's intellectual property is a crime in most countries around the world. Now in the US at least, most IP theft cases are settled in civil court first before a prosecutor will look at pressing charges. As these cases can be hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury. The only times this isn't the case is when it involves IP that is considered a state secret, such as a jet engine designs used in the latest fighter jets.

An art style cannot be patented (at least in the US). Someone can come in and copy Breadman's art style and sell his sketches based on his style, and he can't do anything about it; though that changes if they copy his original characters and try to sell those sketches/artwork. But, the situation is different for AI generated art. In order for the AI to copy Breadman's art style, hundreds of individual pieces of his art has to be scanned by the AI in order for it to replicate his style properly. That is where the problem lies, they are stealing artwork from artists in order to train the AI.
1_zxtQw2EdPY6u7t-Eg7H4EQ.png

Syrabert

Nov 27, 2022
[...] Someone can come in and copy Breadman's art style and sell his sketches based on his style, and he can't do anything about it; though that changes if they copy his original characters and try to sell those sketches/artwork.
Sorry, but in some cases he could do something, have a read (from creativecommons):
When two works are stylistically similar, that is part of the bigger question of whether the later work is “substantially similar” to the former — but it is only part. Under copyright law, a secondary work does not need to be a verbatim or identical copy to constitute copyright infringement. Instead, the secondary work only needs to be “substantially similar” to infringe on the first. While substantial similarity is , we know that two works have to be both for one to infringe on the other. Stylistic similarity can be part of these questions — are there objectively similar elements of the two works, more than standard elements that belong to a particular genre, and would an ordinary person think they are similar? — but it cannot be determinative of “substantial similarity” by itself.
Style and artistic expression are certainly linked, but they are not the same thing. In some instances, mimicking an artist’s style may constitute copyright infringement, but when this is true will necessarily require a case-by-case analysis.

Dec 12, 2020
Maybe they are asking if you have thought of using it. Tho if I were you, I would ignore those questions. Them knowing you use AI will only bring you rabid people asking you to pump content faster using AI.
Not faster in terms of content, but with computer graphics to get more out of the game.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
so how has it been going. i have been playing other games hope you are doing fine i will see all of you again soon.

4.50 star(s) 146 Votes