Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Just a couple of points, last time i've taken a look at the Patreon count, it was 46, now it's 62. And it's likely to get to 70 soon, breaking the top 400 list . Finally, the Love this game deserves is coming . My personal fave in this update was the scene after the club, when the Good-Bad Woman breaks down in tears. A Raymond Chandler Classic. Part of my brain is saying "oh, you poor woman " and the other is saying "sheeesh, you're not fooling anyone " .

Naypwn

Oct 25, 2017
First Ren'Py game that I've never needed to mash the spacebar/leftclick and skim-read through some boring dialogue sections. This one stays entertaining throughout, enjoying the story, looking forward to where it goes next. Planning on becoming a patron on or near the first of next month.

Oh, and please tell me that the Boss Villain has a wife with massive titties that we'll get a chance with. lol. Just a personal preference.

Reactions: gorgone

Vespak

Donor
Respected User
Mar 22, 2017
The Morning After
Many of you may not see this in the next version, but if Stella stays over you will be treated with this lovely shot.
It was fun to play around and see the lighting effects that are possible in IRay. The only post work done was some clean up on a few bits of noise around Stella's face.
I will have a development update most likely Sunday night, but in the meantime, I will say things are progressing nicely.
3.jpg

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
The Morning After
Many of you may not see this in the next version, but if Stella stays over you will be treated with this lovely shot.
It was fun to play around and see the lighting effects that are possible in IRay. The only post work done was some clean up on a few bits of noise around Stella's face.
I will have a development update most likely Sunday night, but in the meantime, I will say things are progressing nicely.
View attachment 43069
That's one of the best hings about this VN, the renders all look so yummy, you could stick a fork in them. Thx !

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
The Morning After
View attachment 43069
This looks like it could be from Dreams of Desire. Well done @Philly_Games

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
Well I decided to push on sites like reddit's /r/lewdgames curious what kind of attraction that will garner. The whole marketing aspect of this is still strange to me.

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Well I decided to push on sites like reddit's /r/lewdgames curious what kind of attraction that will garner. The whole marketing aspect of this is still strange to me.
Good for you ! Hope those folks are as nice as we down here at Pirate's Cove...

Thornhill

Sep 18, 2017
Now now Thornhill. This and Patreon are my go to, for ever and ever :p I kinda let you know so if you want to post something nice on there go ahead :p
BTW, i'm gonna be out for a few weeks, be back by mid December. So, if you're not seeing me around, chill, i still love your work, just stuff to do. But regarding your comment, you could take some cues from Belle, from "Long live the Princess ", he's got some serious pr skills, like you he likes chilling out here with the gang, but he's been all over the place. Might be worth your while picking his brain about marketing. See you soon, bro !

Reactions: Philly_Games

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
LOL I already did. I have posted in quite a few places actually. Hopefully when you get back 0.5 will be out. Btw I never asked am I number 2 yet :p

Also @Buffalo Fred What did you think?

Reactions: StarWarrior

Draakaap23

Dying is always an option
Donor
Jul 5, 2017
Just played my first game of this, it looks, sounds and reads amazing. I do enjoy noir detective stories so it was an easy fit I guess. Where others focus on sex and visuals, this looks like it focuses on an actual and sexy story.
Looking forward to more of this and check for replay-ability later

Buffalo Fred

Aug 5, 2016
LOL I already did. I have posted in quite a few places actually. Hopefully when you get back 0.5 will be out. Btw I never asked am I number 2 yet :p

Also @Buffalo Fred What did you think?

I liked it.
Looking forward to seeing more of Christina and Judy. Mi-do was teased nicely and we start really getting a sense of the various story arcs branching out and really giving me a "Good girl gone bad" vibe (take that as a compliment, that game has the best story line(s) of any game on this site imo).

I like that we get insight into the other characters, not only does it give them more of a personality it also helps the player pick the interaction that corresponds with where they want the story to go.

Now I promised myself that I'd provide some critique as well so here goes:
In the meeting with the player, Judy and Christina, their smiles/teeth felt a little off and once I saw it I couldn't unsee it. I think it's as much the game overall spoiling me, the player, with high quality that a small thing like that stands out a little. That's really it I think. Of course I'd love the animations to include more frames but I get that it is a huge tax on the rendering process.

Reactions: Philly_Games

eddie297

Jun 17, 2017
The strong points are the atmosphere, narrative and renders quality.
The game screams for some "L.A. Noiresque" music as BGM.
Maybe if I should point out something to improve it would be the model of the female villain, as it does not follow the aesthetic line of the rest of the characters, that's subjective I suppose.
Intrigued to know what role the score/lust will play in the story or decisions.

I don't know how I missed this gem, in my opinion one of the best games here.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 415 Votes