Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Hi,
i have a problem with a scene in this game (the club with Christine and Judy). The walkthrough says that Judy needs 6 pts in lust to have the best outcome. But i always end up having only 5 pts in lust. I've tried 2 times starting from the beginning, but 5 is the maximum i have had.
So do you know if there is any cheats (console command) to change the character's points. And by the way did you had too a missing point in this scene ?
Someone listed the cheat codes, a couple times, earlier in this thread, but if you can't seem to determine where the missing point is coming from, have you tried looking through the walkthrough just to see where the points come from? The walkthrough in the OP is a bit complex looking, so sometimes it's difficult to determine a route earlier in the walkthrough that leads to a later spot in the walkthrough without something messing something up... I had to look up and down the walkthrough a few times to see just what directions I needed to go for a certain outcome, during my 2nd full play through...

I do know, that there are a few scene requirement and/or plot paths that will be slightly altered in upcoming patches... It's possible some of the required points no longer exist as they were altered in recent patches...

Reactions: gkfrhs887
Nov 24, 2017
OK, it's probably really obvious, but how do I search through a thread instead of searching the forum? Like if I wanted to search through this thread for something?

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@CunningPig I have uploaded hopefully (fingers crossed) the last patch for 0.6 being 0.6.3 on my Patreon. It includes a small scene with judy at the end unless you spend the night with Carli and have a score with Judy of less than 4. Nothing crazy happens in it but it helps tie up the end more tactfully. The change I did undid the small fix for 0.6.2 but I found the root cause of that issue and its addressed. The version end loop actually started at the footsie scene at dinner. If you can rollback to that scene and start again you will be good. I tried this with the save @jande21 gave me on a mac and a pc and it worked on both. I am really sorry about the multiple patches guys. Hopefully 0.7 goes much smoother!

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
I liked this game quite a bit. The characters are interesting and intrigueing and the story makes sense. Lots of choices that have an impact, but I'd have loved it more if they changed how the story played out, right now there seems to be a right and a wrong answer. That's a pity, I'd have preferred different pathways where by closing one door you open up another one. There's e.g. this one scene where the MC almost fucks his step-daughter, but then remembers he has to go for his date with that other woman. Now I replayed just to dodge dating her, but all I got was the same message ("I have to go in a couple of minutes") even though I didn't have the date. It just skipped to the end. That's a pity and would've been what would've put this game over the top.
Still, the story is written well enough that I'll play future versions.

Reactions: Zippity

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Balub Though I agree that way more paths would be great. This is my first game so my intention is to keep the branching paths minimal. The last thing I want is for it to get out of control. I want there to be enough to give you some agency. But not so much that I can't actually make the game. I hope that makes sense.

BTW I did not change if you can leave or not at that point. You will still go see Carli but you can end up leaving.

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
@Balub cool, glad you understand and I am glad you are liking it. The update I put in sets it up so that if you do go out with Carli after that scene if you have sex with her it will still take you back to the apartment afterwards because the MC realizes he can't spend the entire night with Carli. Unless your score with Judy is in the tank. The same goes for the Kira route. Having a sex scene with Judy as well in this release would have been fantastic, truly, but holy shit it would be a lot of work for 3 h-scenes in one release.

Reactions: Zippity and UncleVT

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
@Philly_Games: One more thing: Something that bothers me a bit in this game is that you often times know all the thoughts of the characters. It takes away from the tension when you know exactly what people are thinking, try to add this by showing how the MC reacts instead. And don't always make it obvious like "he doesn't seem too pleased to see me", add things like "I'm not sure whether she's angry at me for ringing her out this early or whether she's still cross with me from that time I didn't call" or something like that.
Different POVs are ok and can add immersion, but do so for the whole scene (e.g. whenever that blue-haired witch is with her "daddy"). Switching mid-scene feels disoriented, it's hard to immerse in the MC when you know more than him because you can "read thoughts".

Reactions: Orlox

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
@Philly_Games: One more thing: Something that bothers me a bit in this game is that you often times know all the thoughts of the characters. It takes away from the tension when you know exactly what people are thinking, try to add this by showing how the MC reacts instead. And don't always make it obvious like "he doesn't seem too pleased to see me", add things like "I'm not sure whether she's angry at me for ringing her out this early or whether she's still cross with me from that time I didn't call" or something like that.
Different POVs are ok and can add immersion, but do so for the whole scene (e.g. whenever that blue-haired witch is with her "daddy"). Switching mid-scene feels disoriented, it's hard to immerse in the MC when you know more than him because you can "read thoughts".
I dunno, because it can also cause tension knowing what is going on while the protagonist (who you somewhat control) is ignorant of it... I guess that would be a different kind of tension, but still... :)

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
So like what was done with Christina scene where he mentioned that she looks concerned? But avoid the part where Kira (the blue haired girl) mentions somethin as a thought?

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
So like what was done with Christina scene where he mentioned that she looks concerned? But avoid the part where Kira (the blue haired girl) mentions somethin as a thought?
I just replayed a raaaandom scene (ok, it was the "threesome" with Kira) to look for an example and found one: At the end she says she won't mention this to Judy, but then you can immediately read her thoughts that state her intention to break her promise.
In my opinion this would be way more impactful if you'd realize she's telling Judy when she actually does so at a later point in the game (though maybe you suspected it before).
Right now there's no moment of relieve that she won't tell Judy because you immediately afterwards are told that she will. The actual scene where she tells now also will likely be more boring, after all we already know how it will go.

The same points go for many of these thoughts, the reason for this could be the update-based nature of this game:
You have this amazing story and you want to show it, but there's only so much you can code so you want to tell stuff that you didn't have time to program yet, after all you don't want people to go "this story is boring and 1-dimensional".
By telling stuff that's going to happen though it means that in future updates where this happens you'll have to tell about more stuff that's going to happen in the future as to not bore the player.
Could just be me, but I prefer plot-twists and unexpected events that I maybe guessed from scarce hints.

Not sure whether changing this style now would make much sense, you're probably better off finishing the story as planned. But please keep this in mind for your next game, I really like your characters and think you could make not only good but great games!

Philly_Games

Game Developer
Sep 9, 2017
I did it with Eddie once at the start, and a couple times with Kira that I can recall. I know it is not used that often. I was actually mindful of that with that part with Christina at the Kitchen cause i was going to give her a thought bubble we will call it. But decided the MC should notice it instead. I will try to be more mindful of that in the future.

Nov 24, 2017
I have to disagree. I can see the point of not being able to see what other character's are thinking, but I like being able to see them.

It's like in many novels where you get to see what multiple characters are thinking and not just the main protagonist. Or like a movie.

It's likely the time required to offer an option to either be able to see another characters thoughts and not being able to see them is too much for the creator to put in, but that would be ideal from a POV of pleasing the most people.

The kicker is that you shouldn't be offered a choice of actions that would be directly influenced by those thoughts right after seeing those thoughts. IE - it's just more information and flavor.

One big benefit I could see this providing is something that could influence choices in a 2nd playthrough that could give the player hints as to how to see a different scene that they might not have thought of on their own.

TL: DR - I'd like to continue to be able to occasionally see the thoughts of other characters. I really like it.

Reactions: UncleVT

fsap1

Dec 2, 2017
At the end she says she won't mention this to Judy, but then you can immediately read her thoughts that state her intention to break her promise.
In my opinion this would be way more impactful if you'd realize she's telling Judy when she actually does so at a later point in the game (though maybe you suspected it before).
Right now there's no moment of relieve that she won't tell Judy because you immediately afterwards are told that she will. The actual scene where she tells now also will likely be more boring, after all we already know how it will go.
There's two ways to look at that, really. First one is as you described, the second one is that it builds suspense, now you know she's going to tell, but when? how? what will be Julia's reaction? Can you do anything to avoid or put her at ease?

You can go either way and make a good, interesting scene.

Reactions: UncleVT

nes0

Lazy mind controller
Game Developer
Oct 31, 2017
love the story and the rendering models, scenes and general quality.
great job!

4.60 star(s) 416 Votes