VN Ren'Py Abandoned Depraved Life [v0.1.1] [Incextv]

2.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Hogetara

''Ntr Avoidable? '' = Cuck
Donor
Dec 20, 2018
About freeroam. Usually its terrible because 2 reasons.
1)Grind. it looks like a lot of repeatable and not interesting scenes that must be repeted a 2-5-10 times to open new scene. Its not cool. In my opinion every work scene must be new story with choses and results or it must be timeskip with minimum actions to get it, no mapwalking, no useless boring dialogs, no repeateble boring work renders.
2)Pixel and scene hunting. Usually without walkthrough its impossible to know that you must be at 7.00 in park to open new scene, or that there is clickable item under sisters bed wich opens new route. I hate scroll all locations searching something new.

Reactions: Incextv

shinygoma

May 8, 2019
suck it ... by the way, good game. The 3D is good, but you can get the 2D in the ass for you to have a wonderful feeling.

Reactions: Incextv

ThisKmavel

May 28, 2017
instead of just saying that can you say what you don't like about it?
IT IS UGLY AND CHEAP!!! And nowhere near of something with quality!

I am an Artist myself and I don't get the appeal of tracing a picture let alone of a beautiful 3D-Render - where is the effort? It's like downgrading it. Those "Artists" aren't even good at it. Don't throw your money out for that, it's not worth it!

Incextv

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
IT IS UGLY AND CHEAP!!! And nowhere near of something with quality!

I am an Artist myself and I don't get the appeal of tracing a picture let alone of a beautiful 3D-Render - where is the effort? It's like downgrading it. Those "Artists" aren't even good at it. Don't throw your money out for that, it's not worth it!
well if you rly are an artist you have to seriusly learn how to give constructive criticism, becouse you have no idea how to do it..,

Reactions: Yenod

ThisKmavel

May 28, 2017
Boy this industry is an harsh environment, if you can't take criticism in any shape and form you wont go far!
And I see you get quite sensitive when it comes to the 2D Version.
It is just traced art don't expect anyone to like this, it will always be inferior to the original sry for not sugarcoating it for you

Incextv

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Boy this industry is an harsh environment, if you can't take criticism in any shape and form you wont go far!
And I see you get quite sensitive when it comes to the 2D Version.
It is just traced art don't expect anyone to like this, it will always be inferior to the original sry for not sugarcoating it for you
see? that one was a good criticism, but just saying is ugly isn't becouse if you say is ugly i don't know what i need to change for it too look good..

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
see? that one was a good criticism, but just saying is ugly isn't becouse if you say is ugly i don't know what i need to change for it too look good..
i definitely would not say its tracing that makes the picture looks bad. Artists centuries ago already knew how to project an inverted image of a scenary or someone to a wall and draw on it. Tracing on the 3D version is more like using the 3D cg as a "tool" and as long as you use the tool properly you can get the result you want. And I don't care if the artist could not get better in drawing if he only traces, thats another story.

To be frank, the person drew these for you obviously isnt any close to professional and doesn't even know how to use the basic tools of whatever software hes using. Yes, tracing makes thing easier but you still need someone who can draw for this. Especially if you want the 2D version to be some what close to the quality of the 3D version.

Incextv

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
i definitely would not say its tracing that makes the picture looks bad. Artists centuries ago already knew how to project an inverted image of a scenary or someone to a wall and draw on it. Tracing on the 3D version is more like using the 3D cg as a "tool" and as long as you use the tool properly you can get the result you want. And I don't care if the artist could not get better in drawing if he only traces, thats another story.

To be frank, the person drew these for you obviously isnt any close to professional and doesn't even know how to use the basic tools of whatever software hes using. Yes, tracing makes thing easier but you still need someone who can draw for this. Especially if you want the 2D version to be some what close to the quality of the 3D version.
thanks for the comment we will work to improve the quality! :)

R3trostyel

May 30, 2017
I am also going to say ditch the 2D and focus on 3D only.It looks much better and working on only one would make things easier to you .

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I gave this one a go (the 3D version), and for the moment, it really has no content... It has a very basic and cliché introduction, followed by naming characters, followed by a grinder gameplay setup with little to no content... This appears more like a Proof of Concept using themes we've all seen dozens of times already... The lack of any content, and the bugs found in the grind elements that exist, I'm really not all that impressed thus far... It's still early, so who knows... Maybe they can eventually distinguish themselves from all the other corruption grinders, but we'll have to wait and see, once they add any actual content... Until they release more content, it's really not worth downloading... I went ahead and posted my review...

Zip

deluges

Dec 28, 2018
I gave this one a go (the 3D version), and for the moment, it really has no content... It has a very basic and cliché introduction, followed by naming characters, followed by a grinder gameplay setup with little to no content... This appears more like a Proof of Concept using themes we've all seen dozens of times already... The lack of any content, and the bugs found in the grind elements that exist, I'm really not all that impressed thus far... It's still early, so who knows... Maybe they can eventually distinguish themselves from all the other corruption grinders, but we'll have to wait and see, once they add any actual content... Until they release more content, it's really not worth downloading... I went ahead and posted my review...

Zip
Super useful review, especially since the developer notes on the first page say that the game barely has any content in it. Repeating it like you're providing actual insight is silly as hell....

Incextv

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017

Zip
hi im the developer, how can you say that the game is or will be grindy if you have no stats in game? the only "grind" that the game will have is money, to buy clothes, etc.. About the content yes, i know there is no content if you read the "developer notes it says that there are 5 minutes at most.". Very thankful for your comment tho, criticism is always good for development :)

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
hi im the developer, how can you say that the game is or will be grindy if you have no stats in game? the only "grind" that the game will have is money, to buy clothes, etc.. About the content yes, i know there is no content if you read the "developer notes it says that there are 5 minutes at most.". Very thankful for your comment tho, criticism is always good for development :)
I never actually said it was grindy... What I said is that for the moment it has the basics for a grinder gameplay setup... Yes the only current grind, is the money, and yet that is still a grind... But I never actually called it grindy, and how could I as there is no content?

As to your developer notes, I didn't read them... I don't click every spoiler before trying a VN/Game... If it gets posted, looks interesting, I try it... Doesn't invalidate my review...

Zip

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Super useful review, especially since the developer notes on the first page say that the game barely has any content in it. Repeating it like you're providing actual insight is silly as hell....
My review is about the content that does exist, as well as the issues I found as I tried it... Just because it's in it's initial stages, doesn't exempt the content release, from review... I mentioned in the end of my review that it's basically just getting off the ground... And the review is my Opinion of what content currently exists... If I try it again later, once it has more to it, then I'll update my review accordingly...

Zip

Incextv

Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I never actually said it was grindy... What I said is the for the moment it has the basics for a grinder gameplay setup... Yes the only current grind, is the money, and yet that is still a grind... But I never actually called it grindy, and how could I as there is no content?

As to your developer notes, I didn't read them... I don't click every spoiler before trying a VN/Game... If it gets posted, looks interesting, I try it... Doesn't invalidate my review...

Zip
not at all, believe me I'm very gratful about every review, i'm well aware of the lack of content, it's not a surprise for me that people are complaining about that, however this is the way i prefer to start the development becouse is easier for me to change things now than have half a game and then people don't liking how a character looks after 500 renders. like i said i'm very greatful for your criticism and i hope you come back in a few updates to try it again :)..

Reactions: Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
not at all, believe me I'm very gratful about every review, i'm well aware of the lack of content, it's not a surprise for me that people are complaining about that, however this is the way i prefer to start the development becouse is easier for me to change things now than have half a game and then people don't liking how a character looks after 500 renders. like i said i'm very greatful for your criticism and i hope you come back in a few updates to try it again :)..
You'll find that I do sometimes retry games, even if it was not a stellar review, just in case it got better or improved things and so forth... You just need to take the bad with the good, learn by doing the best you can possibly do, and perhaps one day you make a big hitter... Just takes time, patience, open mindedness, and a willingness to stick to your creative guns... Best of luck...

Zip

Reactions: Kuba1 and Incextv
2.00 star(s) 5 Votes