derpdurp

Jun 16, 2018
danteworks said:
Thanks for the feedback. I do listen patrons most but I also pay attention to comments like this. Being open world was always a more laudable goal for me because it enables the players with more choice and gameplay mechanics. I have tried to keep the mechanics non-annoying, and I tried to keep the map clear. It was actually a lot of work to build this open world system, but it gives me a lot more tools to tell a narrative, and build content on top of the system. I'll work on a walkthrough. I hope you'll keep playing though!
Maybe an optional system that flags where you can do something on the map, it's the only reasonable workaround to avoid the horrible clicking through empty venues thing while maintaining the option for people who want to play peek a boo with events. Didn't try the latest version yet, but long may you continue making this game as I enjoyed the previous release a lot.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
Maybe an optional system that flags where you can do something on the map, it's the only reasonable workaround to avoid the horrible clicking through empty venues thing while maintaining the option for people who want to play peek a boo with events. Didn't try the latest version yet, but long may you continue making this game as I enjoyed the previous release a lot.
You should play the latest version and see for yourself!

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
This game has no content yet but I REALLY appreciate that it isn't hidden behind pointless grinds. And that we are warned not to grind out access to areas that are in the game but contain no content. It is refreshing to see this approach.

Access to the bronze level of the resort isn't instant but it isn't a grind either. At $100 access and able to ask Amanda for $15 cash per day & able to work at the café for $30 per day it takes very little time to reach $100. This is an example of a game not giving you immediate access to something without creating a meaningless boring grind. yes I have to do a few repetitive steps but it wasn't a huge time sink.

So many other developers fall into the trap of wasting people's time to hide the lack of content. Yet an honest approach to gameplay means people are so much more willing to cut the developer some slack and wait for the game to mature. It is the wasting of people's time with the grind that is the problem not that content takes time to create and be added.

With version 0.4 we have seen the quality of the still shots and the animation sequences to get a fair idea of what the developer can deliver. I wish more developers where honest about their games content and followed this developer's example.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
This game has no content yet but I REALLY appreciate that it isn't hidden behind pointless grinds. And that we are warned not to grind out access to areas that are in the game but contain no content. It is refreshing to see this approach.

Access to the bronze level of the resort isn't instant but it isn't a grind either. At $100 access and able to ask Amanda for $15 cash per day & able to work at the café for $30 per day it takes very little time to reach $100. This is an example of a game not giving you immediate access to something without creating a meaningless boring grind. yes I have to do a few repetitive steps but it wasn't a huge time sink.

So many other developers fall into the trap of wasting people's time to hide the lack of content. Yet an honest approach to gameplay means people are so much more willing to cut the developer some slack and wait for the game to mature. It is the wasting of people's time with the grind that is the problem not that content takes time to create and be added.

With version 0.4 we have seen the quality of the still shots and the animation sequences to get a fair idea of what the developer can deliver. I wish more developers where honest about their games content and followed this developer's example.
There’s a decent bit of content so far, I’d like to think! Have you played through it completely yet?

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
Thanks @danteworks. was waiting for this. Can't say much about the story yet but the pics are top and hot as hell. That changingroomcatsuitblowjob,,,Dayum!!

Laxus Flash

Apr 26, 2018
Great game till now, i thoroughly enjoyed it
...Especially the characters and character designs...i would very much like pregnancy and male domination added to this game....

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
@danteworks I only just started (restarted actually) this update and have been enjoying it thus far. I wanted to point out that the first scene with the young woman in the household when she runs up and hugs the MC is awkward. Unless there is a reason for it, it looks so uncomfortable with him not hugging back. I don't know if this was done for a reason or not, but I just wanted to point it out if its not intentionaly uncomfortable.

Keldar

Jul 23, 2018
There’s a decent bit of content so far, I’d like to think! Have you played through it completely yet?
I believe so. I got as far as the spanking scene. I believe that was the end, but perhaps I was mistaken in my understanding of the original post.

The game was just released so I am not complaining that there is no content but if I am not mistaken and did play through it all I did so rather quickly. As time progresses the game will get larger and we will see more and more content. But as it stands there isn't much there which isn't to say that is your failing. Far too often developers will hide things behind grinds you don't I really like that fact. I found the content to be high quality, the game play 'honest' and score the 5/5. I don't think I was unreasonable in letting people know there is little content. There are 5 female characters and you can only make any kind of progression with one and half of them. As kaira's bar scene really isn't progressing her much at all because we doesn't even know it happened and that was really part of Nicole's progression. Again early days and this lack of content is something that will change as time goes on. But I feel people should know this when I reviewed the game the content is sparse and as I recall when I actually reviewed the game (not just commented here) I said what version I was reviewing to make sure people who read this a few months for now understood the context and timing of my statements. Again I think I was more than fair. Assuming I did actually reach the end of content.

Just an aside making content takes far more time and effort than consuming content so for the player of content it will always feel like less than the person who created the content h is reviewing it for release. So our perspectives are not going to match completely because we are seeing things from different angles.

Zenithtb

Oct 21, 2017
<Snip>

Just an aside making content takes far more time and effort than consuming content so for the player of content it will always feel like less than the person who created the content h is reviewing it for release. So our perspectives are not going to match completely because we are seeing things from different angles.
Yeah - a single click-past for us (maybe a facial expression change) could be a couple of hours rendering for the creator. Sometimes it's quite scary to think of the effort put into these games. And their electricity bill!

Aragonik

Aug 14, 2017
I have to say that I liked what I have seen and it becomes one of my top games so it continues to be very good work and now to wait for more

Reactions: danteworks
3.90 star(s) 109 Votes