Bradd D

Oct 8, 2022
i think it has been well established by now that pretty much nobody liked the ending. could we maybe turn down the negativety a bit. rest of the game is overall seen in a positiv light and it seems dev got the message. nothing good will come from further harassing excapt maybe discurage him from making another game, which might turn out much better now that he "learned his lesson"...
The ending was an Olympic level of stupid. There's really nothing to learn from it, and saying "lesson learned" just doesn't cut it for a game that spent several years in development only to get trashed in the end and to slap everyone in the face who supported it. Lots of luck to the dev going forward with this hanging over them. They're gonna need it.

Reactions: Juerhullycin

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
Wtf this guy really thinks MC will fuck his daughter because he named it serena LOL. He named it that way to thank and remember the help of an important person who sacrificed herself to help him has this great happiness. After thinking back, I think this ending was really good. That shot for the MC was like a "wake up call" for him. He is carrying a huge responsibility towards the people he loves and loves him but he is too careless, subjective and cocky.

The last scene I thought was a small scene in the future, not a dream. So that dream created by serena proves that she's still there just can't interact with the mc anymore? If so, the ending is quite good because the drama makes the story more emotional, helps the mc grow up and helps himself and others realize each other's responsibility and importance.

Good luck to your next game. I understand people's anger towards this ending because they expect a peaceful and perfect ending especially with harem games. Plot details to make the story more exciting, more emotional, help understand the characters more deeply and help them develop themselves are necessary for good vn but in my opinion they should be happens at the beginning, middle, or any point in the story other than the ending. If you say that sometimes life is unfair and not what everyone wants and that applies to the MC, but this is a harem game, it is already something of a fantasy. People choose pure harem games like this because they expect it to be filled with happiness at the end

If you want Serena to sacrifice to make it more meaningful, you should put it before the ending. Maybe many people still don't like it but it reduces people's anger because it will calm people down after serena's disappearance, they focus on looking at happy scenes and lewd scenes XD and also understand The message you want to convey through Serena's sacrifice. You go from happiness-> drama-> pain and sadness--> happiness again but the last "happiness" has too few scenes to comfort everyone after the previous drama scene
The last scene after the credits is not a dream, it is in fact the future. Where we see our old MC as an old, grown man. The dream I was talking about is the scene where we see MC's 'future daughters'.

I'm going to extend the ending a little bit more to give more context of MC's situation, tho.

Sossse

Apr 15, 2022
The ending was an Olympic level of stupid [...]
the fact that you are passionate about the downfall of the game towards the end means you were at least somewhat infested in the game overall, right? :) you stated your oppinion (which seems to be more or less everyones oppinion) that the ending was not to your liking. now imagin the dev makes another game which you might be even more found of since he know has a better understand of what his audience wants. blasting him with such a hudge amount of negativity at his point, when all has already been said, is just unproduktive is what im trying to say :/

GokutheG

Oct 20, 2022
the fact that you are passionate about the downfall of the game towards the end means you were at least somewhat infested in the game overall, right? :) you stated your oppinion (which seems to be more or less everyones oppinion) that the ending was not to your liking. now imagin the dev makes another game which you might be even more found of since he know has a better understand of what his audience wants. blasting him with such a hudge amount of negativity at his point, when all has already been said, is just unproduktive is what im trying to say :/
Why do you think someone would give the dev's new game a chance if the previous one was a disappointment? Why would someone risk another disappointment?

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
LoL, RofLmAo even, why the hell would you put your second hand into the woodchipper after you lost your first hand to exactly the same experiment?

Reactions: GokutheG

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Why do you think someone would give the dev's new game a chance if the previous one was a disappointment? Why would someone risk another disappointment?
Because there's literally no reason not to... A disappointment in an AVN, that you most likely didn't pay for, has no impact on you... There's literally no cost or reason to not give it a shot. Unless you're weirdly over invested in made up stories.

Bradd D

Oct 8, 2022
Which is why I said lots of luck with anything he produces going forward, as I have no further interest for a number of reasons.

How productive is it when the same dev is telling people "fuck off" because they didn't like a garbage ending?

Juerhullycin

Feb 4, 2024
couse excapt for the ending it was quite good?
so i should be grateful for the time that was wasted (can't say stolen even if i feel like it, because i dumbass was stupid enough to go along willingly) and the disappointment i will feel in the future when i think about this game moving forward?
But i know better in the future.

BeenThroughHell

Sep 10, 2020
Where did you get that idea? DR2 is going to take place in a different country and has no connections to the first game other than Serena, who's going to be our old MC's daughter who ran away from the house. Like I said before, the old cast is only going to be a real minor part of the second game.

And no one's dying, why would they die?
are you saying serena, this Game MC's daughter will be a friend for the MC of your new game? Kindly explain it.

3.70 star(s) 57 Votes