DGM

May 29, 2017
Ending wasn't very good at all. Last update didn't need any drama. Could have show the wedding, the celebration, mc at the hospital waiting on the childbirths and it would have been epic. It was a major letdown. In a coma, never even got to be there for his kids to be born. Last episode needed 0 drama, Gloria could have joined the family like Cindy. It's like getting kicked in the balls after awaiting a happy ending after so long. You're better off deleting the game after the end of the previous update. And rushing to put content out just to release something is bad, especially for an ending. People would happily wait on a perfect ending than have to play what we got.
I kind of liked it in a bittersweet way.
MC overreached and got greedy, it worked with most characters but it didn't with an emotionally unstable and drunk grieving mother.

The negative is that it wasn't a player decision Seacth adding a split after the wedding, letting the MC reject or "fix" Gloria would be nice.

Allowing the MC to be there for the birth of his children for people that would like to have a good ending.

Personally I also would like to see a "perfect" ending.
Many games have bad endings, the canon ending and the perfect ending.

Reactions: ZTex

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
If an ending is bad enough all the content leading up to it can feel like a waste of time.
I came to shit on the ending but I am too late apparently.

Either way it seems "subverting expectations" is more important than delivering a satisfying ending for the people that have been following and supporting the project for so many years. A true artist that is willing throw his own game to the trash, and shit on his fans all for his "vision".

Also seems like the new game will even rape this one's corpse even further with a new protagonist, but I am not wasting my time with that one at least, thats for sure
What you did is rob the MC of the memory of the most important day of his life.
He also wasn't able to be there for his wives when they delivered his children.
He couldn't be there for his children in those crucial early moments either.
The harem also couldn't have know if he ever wakes up again.

You talk about good and bad endings. Well this was a very bad one.
And it didn't have to be one. You could have given the MC his "and they lived happily ever after" but you had to taint it.
You robbed the MC of very important moments with his family just because you wanted to be edgy.
That you had something even worse planned just makes that even more disgusting.

You also talk about about making the player feel some thing.
I agree it makes me feel to never give you money ever again because now I know that you like to pull shit like this.

Yeah no.

Killing a part of MC to make him "complete" is bullshit.
What would have been better is MC realizing that he doesn't need her anymore and that he can easily stand on his own then they say goodbye to each other. Though I'm not sure she had to go to begin with. She is part of the MC.
Instead you basically ripped her out of MCs brain. That's not MC being his own man. That's him being crippled.
man i was hyped when i saw that update drop but man is that a shit show. The game was in my top 5 of all AVN and now i want to never see that game again. Depending on what the dev wanted to archive good job i guess?
So you basically just did it for the impact sake? For being subversive? Nothing else?
Having a shock ending for the sake of having a shock ending (and it honestly pains me to say this as a person who kinda liked the game up til this point) is hack writing. Having a completely unexpected dark turn of events where it doesn't fit isn't how you finish off a good story... it's how you make .
Yeah, a good ending makes you feel something. But the ending also needs to fit into the context of the rest of the story tonally and structurally.
The way this goes doesn't make people ponder over the profundity of what has come before (because what has come before has mostly just been a straightforward enjoyable harem romp), it just makes you go: "Well, what was the point of all of this then? Why get invested in characters if they're just gonna get deleted with a gunshot with no real payoff or thematic thought?" Sure, none of us expected the gunshot. But it served no purpose other than shock value. When why not just go the whole hog then? Let the mom kill everyone and then eat their corpses afterwards and then nuke the world and sent the planet into a nuclear winter and make it a dystopian hellscape. That would be shocking, right? That was the point, right? The only point, right?

You telling people who were disappointed with the game's conclusion to just go somewhere else is, to be frank, callous and cowardly. These are the people who trusted you to make a good story. These are the people who invested time and effort and some even money to let you give them that. No one here is trying to control how you write and make your games. We know we are not entitled to tell you how to make a game. The person you quoted to have done that's only crime, is describing the ways they didn't like the ending. They didn't command you to change anything. They didn't even speak to you directly (maybe they didn't even know you would see that message).
You need to realize that the lack of entitlement goes both ways. You're not entitled to a hugbox where everybody just compliments you all the time. You made an ending and it was panned. That sucks. I get that. But the way you act and talk doesn't inspire pity or sympathy; it just makes you seem like an arrogant wannabe dilettante who can't take criticism. You care about the game? We did too. We didn't like the result. This is a public forum where we can air those grievances. We're just pirates, remember? Why do you care? You don't have to read our opinions. It's honestly jarring how quickly you became mask off here. But I guess that's consistent. It wouldn't be the first time something you write has an extreme issue with tone.
They're not telling you how to make your game, they're telling you they didn't like the ending and that it sucked. If you don't like that? Grow thicker skin? Get drunk? Smoke some weed?
How could you say something like this and think it was acceptable?

This is the type of comment that you deserve to have follow you around for the rest of your career. People should never forget your disdain for those of us who dare to criticize your work.

The very moment you share something with the world, it is open to criticism. You are not above that. No one is.

Man I am glad I never played this game, wasn't following the progress of it, wasn't one of the people supporting you financially month after month.
Dev I respect artists and understand that creating a story and sharing it is hard work. I get that it's disheartening to hear so much negativity regarding your ending. With that said your last couple if posts is similar to if D&D shat on the fans who were upset with how GoT Season 8 ended.
I just cannot get over a dev just willingly torpedoing his/her game as badly as this one has done. I get being stubborn but holy fuck I just dont get it. Its like they read all the feadback over the last 4 years, said Fuck you fans go fuck yourself and wrote the literal opposite of what people wanted out of an ending. It honestly feels like when another game had a certain fire scene and how up in arms people got.

I just dont see how this end of the game is a path to more success for the dev and would be extremely surprised if they maintained the 90-100 subs they have.
I downloaded the update first and then read the thread. And figured may as well play it against my better judgment. It's not just the MC getting shot, the whole wedding was lackluster. Half the girls didn't even have a proper wedding outfit, and the whole event was ruined by Sarah's mother bitching the entire time. Cool sex scene afterwards for those that just wanna coooom, but doesn't make up for how shitty the overall event feels for the rest of us. Way to kill the mood at the very end after a fun journey

I now regret recommending the game to other people in the past
Ending wasn't very good at all. Last update didn't need any drama. Could have show the wedding, the celebration, mc at the hospital waiting on the childbirths and it would have been epic. It was a major letdown. In a coma, never even got to be there for his kids to be born. Last episode needed 0 drama, Gloria could have joined the family like Cindy. It's like getting kicked in the balls after awaiting a happy ending after so long. You're better off deleting the game after the end of the previous update. And rushing to put content out just to release something is bad, especially for an ending. People would happily wait on a perfect ending than have to play what we got.
Game didn't seem like it was really that close to an ending. To me this epic steaming pile reeks of another dev who got bored and had no clue how to actually end it. Either way, sure hope no one steps in this dogshit.
I couldn;t have said it better

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
also to people saying the game went full circle, I have one question... how? Sure the MC was suicidal at the start and Serena was his coping mechanism, but that was never the point of the story ( or at least not that I noticed) the whole 4 years were about finding love with a group of women and helping them with their insecurites, to go full-circle MC would have to jump of a bridge or cut his veins, being shot by a deceitfull woman, had nothing to do with the initial condition. And I fail to see how a near-death experence was the trigger to MC healing from his tendencies and notneeding Serena's support

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
Oh yes the MC would also get killed of that game because of "PLOT"
No, I learned my lesson. All the characters of the next game is going to be immortal, and it's never going to end. 'Cause I just keep on adding random girls and milk it till the rest of my life.

Jokes aside, I'm sorry, okay? I tried something and thought it was fitting. I understand all the rage, and I'll try to be better for my next project, I always aim to improve. You can see that by looking at DR, and if I ever make an ending like this one, I'll make sure to give the player a couple of more options.

If you guys want to hate me for the rest of my life, I'm fine with that, if you want to try my next games feel free to do so because I want to make an even better harem game with DR2, but I wouldn't recommend Project: Pain cause that game is going to reflect all the fucked up things in this world.

Vortex@

Jun 28, 2022
I'd give the player the choice for Gloria to move in. Choose yes, her life gets better, she doesn't go crazy, and we get a decent ending. Choose no, the bad ending

Apr 13, 2022
No, I learned my lesson. All the characters of the next game is going to be immortal, and it's never going to end. 'Cause I just keep on adding random girls and milk it till the rest of my life.

Jokes aside, I'm sorry, okay? I tried something and thought it was fitting. I understand all the rage, and I'll try to be better for my next project, I always aim to improve. You can see that by looking at DR, and if I ever make an ending like this one, I'll make sure to give the player a couple of more options.

If you guys want to hate me for the rest of my life, I'm fine with that, if you want to try my next games feel free to do so because I want to make an even better harem game with DR2, but I wouldn't recommend Project: Pain cause that game is going to reflect all the fucked up things in this world.
Acting Lessons had a "great" ending too, it was on fire!!

saiko422

Nov 13, 2021

So the mc in this story will be killed in dr2 ? If not, I'm fine with this ending but still quite sad that Serena is gone. About that, it's quite reasonable because it feel sorry for her to only exist in the mc's mind so maybe it's better to let her go ( mc can get distracted and not focus on his family and many other things and on the contrary serena will be ignored and lonely ) or turn her into reality. But if the mc or any Lis in the story are killed in dr2 then I really don't know what to say other than disappointment

Last edited:
Reactions: Vortex@ and Bradd D

Chris2041

Oct 12, 2017
I know this game is not perfect, I've said that many times. You're not proving anything by quoting my words, like I said I'm my own harshest critic but the thing you don't understand is calling the ending 'shit' and asking for it to be reworked is not criticism or leaking the game just a day before the public release is not supporting it.

I'm aware of the fact that I could've done a better job on the ending, and I respect all the people who don't like it, but I wanted to try something new for the ending and I did. Is it a good one? For some yes, for others no. Now tell me who should I listen to? People who liked the ending or the ones who hated it?
The thing is a lot of people really liked your game i am one of them the game was really one of my favorites here if this is your first game you really have talent kudos to you

The thing is we people really liked your game and if this is your first try on making a game you have a lot of talent but after this end a lot of people feel dissapointed that ending was drama for the sake of the drama we know the girl was in his mind and we know soner or later she was gonna dissapear but that was the worst way that was tonal shift the worst part the ending can be saved very easy after the weddding make a orgy whit all the girls take out the shot and hospital scene make a time skip saying that the MC stop seeing the girl and show his childs and post the credits .
I really love your game but this ending ... Rembers me shingeki no kioying boku no hero jujutsu endings etc

Reactions: Ua1313 and Vortex@

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
So the mc in this story will be killed in dr2 ? If not, I'm fine with this ending but still quite sad that Serena is gone. About that, it's quite reasonable because it feel sorry for her to only exist in the mc's mind so maybe it's better to let her go ( mc can get distracted and not focus on his family and many other things and on the contrary serena will be ignored and lonely ) or turn her into reality. But if the mc or any Lis in the story are killed in dr2 then I really don't know what to say other than disappointment
Where did you get that idea? DR2 is going to take place in a different country and has no connections to the first game other than Serena, who's going to be our old MC's daughter who ran away from the house. Like I said before, the old cast is only going to be a real minor part of the second game.

And no one's dying, why would they die?

Seacth

Game Developer
Sep 19, 2020
The thing is a lot of people really liked your game i am one of them the game was really one of my favorites here if this is your first game you really have talent kudos to you
The thing is we people really liked your game and if this is your first try on making a game you have a lot of talent but after this end a lot of people feel dissapointed that ending was drama for the sake of the drama we know the girl was in his mind and we know soner or later she was gonna dissapear but that was the worst way that was tonal shift the worst part the ending can be saved very easy after the weddding make a orgy whit all the girls take out the shot and hospital scene make a time skip saying that the MC stop seeing the girl and show his childs and post the credits .
I really love your game but this ending ... Rembers me shingeki no kioying boku no hero jujutsu endings etc
I understand your POV, I really do. But I wanted to give Serena a meaningful goodbye.

She sacrifices herself to give MC a better life, which was her whole deal. Just calling MC you're a man now is a cheap way off sending a character, and why would she leave? MC has a ton of children now, he needs more help than ever, it wouldn't make sense for her to leave.

There's a big difference here, a sacrifice is way better than a cheap, goodbye kid you're better now.

We're not sure if MC is a better man either, but we now know that he's willing to try his best, 'cause Serena sacrificed herself to give him that chance.

• Haha
Reactions: Vortex@
3.80 star(s) 55 Votes